PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

VEGAS: Giants won Patriots Bowl. Patriots Super Bowl XLVII Champions. Sorry Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VEGAS: Giants won Patriots Bowl. Patriots Super Bowl XLVII Champions. Sorry Giant

2 winning SB runs within 5 years, going through the top teams in their conference during both playoff runs, isn't "lucky." Only good, well-coached teams do that.

Im not sure if they are well coached or just handle desperation well. They were pretty lucky not to face us in the Dome. Our offense pretty much shredded the 49ers #1 D, its the defense that failed again. Like last year. But our offense did enough to win, even with thomas and graham leaving.
Some teams just have some teams number for some reason, and we seem to have the Giants, Eagles, Falcons, and cowboys. Washington, Rams, Bucks, panthers seem to always give us fits.
Im not sure if its coaching style, were we have an easy time playing predictable defensive teams or what it is, but Im almost positive Giants never would have beat us in our Dome, we tend to destroy them, sense Brees /Payton have coached. So, they were lucky in a small way. 49ers are more there style of football, and our OL can usually hold them off. That said, we lost , so no excuses, just a thought. I don't think their coaching is anything epic , I think its just a case of the right time and right place. But I could be wrong about that.

Im still not completely sure how NE lost that game, still thinking about it. The dropped passes and OL problems have me a little confused. Everyone knew your defense was not that good, but holding the Giants to 21pts was pretty respectable. I can't remember when patriots offense was kept to 17pts.
Im still really confused by it. Really proud of your guys for making it though, its a big accomplishment.

Last edited:
Re: VEGAS: Giants won Patriots Bowl. Patriots Super Bowl XLVII Champions. Sorry Giant

I don't see either the Saints or Packers getting worse, and their defenses will be significantly better I'll wager. And the Eagles and Cowboys will probably be better overall. I don't see the Giants making it through that bunch.

Pats on the other hand have Houston to contend with as their main threat. No one else looks as good as those two.

Last edited:

Im not sure if they are well coached or just handle desperation well. They were pretty lucky not to face us in the Dome. Our offense pretty much shredded the 49ers #1 D, its the defense that failed again. Like last year. But our offense did enough to win, even with thomas and graham leaving.
Some teams just have some teams number for some reason, and we seem to have the Giants, Eagles, Falcons, and cowboys. Washington, Rams, Bucks, panthers seem to always give us fits.
Im not sure if its coaching style, were we have an easy time playing predictable defensive teams or what it is, but Im almost positive Giants never would have beat us in our Dome, we tend to destroy them, sense Brees /Payton have coached. So, they were lucky in a small way. 49ers are more there style of football, and our OL can usually hold them off. That said, we lost , so no excuses, just a thought. I don't think their coaching is anything epic , I think its just a case of the right time and right place. But I could be wrong about that.

Im still not completely sure how NE lost that game, still thinking about it. The dropped passes and OL problems have me a little confused. Everyone knew your defense was not that good, but holding the Giants to 21pts was pretty respectable. I can't remember when patriots offense was kept to 17pts.
Im still really confused by it. Really proud of your guys for making it though, its a big accomplishment.

The Giants weren't lucky they didn't face the Saints. The Saints can't beat 7-9 teams in the playoffs. San Fran was a great team this year and beat the Saints fair and square. Why all this jealousy?

I'm not belittling the Giants. I'm praising the Patriots for being consistent winners. Getting to a Super Bowl is so much harder than winning it.

So it's easier to lose a SB than it is to win one?

Difference between 2001 Pats and these two "Championship" Giants teams is that the Pats went on afterwards to prove their domination wasn't a fluke. Greenbay did this last year. The Saints continued to dominate after their turn around as well. The Giants don't do this. They slip back into mediocrity, with no real leadership and reinforce the idea that they really were just lucky.

The Saints turnaround in 2006 came with a 10-6 record. The next season, they went 8-8, and the following season they went 7-9. They then went 13-3 en route to a SB win, followed by 12-4 and a first round loss to Seattle, and then 13-3 this past season.

The Giants went 10-6 in 2007 and won the SB. In 2008, they went 12-4, 2009 they went 9-7, 2010 10-6 and 2011 9-7.

Those teams are retty comparable to me. NO has had better regular season success, but the Giants have proven to be a much tougher out in the post-season. They also have the ability to win on the road in the post-season, something NO has not shown to be able to do.

The Giants weren't lucky they didn't face the Saints. The Saints can't beat 7-9 teams in the playoffs. San Fran was a great team this year and beat the Saints fair and square. Why all this jealousy?

Why would you think jealousy? Thats kind of odd. I was just stating a fact. Brees put 460 yards, 4tds, 2 ints ( not uncommon,lol), and 32pts on the best defense in the NFL. We torched them on offense , and they pretty much torched our defense. Im not sure were your getting that the 49ers offense is a great unit, maybe vs our defense they are, but they are not that great.
Last year vs Seattle we put 36pts on the board, and the defense couldn't hold them either. I mean how many points does the offense have to score? 24pts is the NFL average. All 3 meeting vs the Giants we averaged 40pts on the board.
Both games were away and on turf. Both times the offense scored enough to win, at least we think so. Their is a huge misconception that we are one of the worst road game teams, and that is just people not looking up the facts.
Saints are one of the better in the NFL on the road. People need to stop quoting the NFL channel.
New Orleans Saints among the top road teams in the NFL - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com
What most don't understand is it is not our offense that has struggled on the road its our defense that has had problems in the payoffs and road games. Our defense tends to waste clock, by not getting off the field, but the offense rarely does not get 3 or more points when they get on the field. The offense usually picks up the slack. If you look up our defensive numbers they are pretty bad away, and in playoffs. Are the 49ers better than the Saints? I really don't think they are, just opinion. But I don't think they got lucky either. Their offense torched our defense and won, they deserve it same as the Seahawks put 42pts on our defense. Not sure why your bringing jealousy into it, their isn't any.
It is what it is.

Great thread, I'm in. The betting public thinks I should be in, who am I to disagree?

This is what I keep saying... once you get to the post season anything can happen, but it's not an "out of your control" anything-can-happen situation.

About the Giants?

I thank them for two of the most pulse-pounding Super Bowls in history, both of them unfortunately at our expense.

I respect their talent, and I respect as "real" their late-season mojo. It's just as "real" as the late-in-the-game heroics we kept seeing early in the Brady era. But they'll always be suspect to punch their ticket to have their shot.

By the way -- Brady needs more around him to get it done at 34 than at 23. Recognize it and move on. Don't slit your wrists in the all-or-nothing world of the drama queen fan, just deal. This team will continue to build with the right pieces to give every year's edition the ability to contend.

Yeah, I'm in next year. I'm in the rest of Brady's run. I'm in for what comes after... I'm even in when BB decides to return to the Death Star or the Seventh Circle of the Inferno or whatever, and a more average coach takes over. Some fans live their whole lives and never see their team win it all, never mind become a dynasty. I'll be looking for that next ring until they put the dirt on me.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing