PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vegas befuddled on Pats/Eagles betting line

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Pats/Eagles game the only game with no betting line. You have to believe Pats favored by about 21?

Pats/Eagles game the only game with no betting line. You have to believe Pats favored by about 21?

OK--if there's no line, what are the odds straight-up for victories? I have to imagine they must be giving something ridiculous like 1:10 [you bet $10 to make $1] on the Pats. . . .

OK--if there's no line, what are the odds straight-up for victories? I have to imagine they must be giving something ridiculous like 1:10 [you bet $10 to make $1] on the Pats. . . .

last night the money line was -1100, +800

ie bet $1100 on the Pats to win $100

this week it will be even more. the spread will be around 20 instead of 16

They won't put a line until they can determine the status of McNabb

"Insiders" must have made back some of their money
after the zebes kept them from covering against Indy.

I've been surprised, actually, that
they're still offering a point spread on the Pats at all.

this isn't true, lines are always made with injuries in question

Yes, but not quaterhback injuries, they almost always hold them off until they know, unless of course, the choices are Pennington vs. Klemens

this isn't true, lines are always made with injuries in question

Actually, Vegas rather frequently will hold a line until they get a better idea the status of a key player like McNabb. Whether McNabb has a chance to play vs. no chance at all can move the line 4-5 points.

I'm not sure they'll take any more bets on the Patriots this year. They are getting killed on them.

Why? Just up the spread until the betting is even. At some point you bet against the Pats.

No?

How about Pats -50 at Philly? Who would you take? -60?

I'm not sure they'll take any more bets on the Patriots this year. They are getting killed on them.

the local bookies are certainly taking a beating. most of them are still underrating this team

FWIW-McNabb ankle injury wasn't serious, it was kinda minor, actually.

This was the same guy in '02 who broke his ankle on the 1st series against the Cards, but nonetheless STAYED IN the game and played effectively throughout.

Pt being that this guy just has NO heart any more. When things are going rough, he chickens out. And if anything-since that Super Bowl, he's been exposed pretty badly. He seems to have alot of Bledsoe-esque weaknesses(i.e. holding onto the ball too long and locking onto his primary reads too long as well). Now that he's seemed to lost some of his mobility, which has been his biggest strength, everything's been exposed, it seems.

Hilton Las Vegas has Pats -17 but most books are waiting for more info on McNabb's status.

Why? Just up the spread until the betting is even. At some point you bet against the Pats.

No?

How about Pats -50 at Philly? Who would you take? -60?

They'd get enough action going the other way well before reaching such ridiculous heights. If the line hits -21 or so, that's when you'll see it swing. And I still think it'd be a fool's bet.

McNabb's major problem is that like Brady last season, he has almost no tools. The receivers are poor, the Offense is entirely on one small HB to both catch and provide a run game. When McNabb had the tools he was good; if he had them again, he would be good again.

If I was making the line for this game I'd have it at 21. At least their defense is somewhat good, although Dallas did put up 38 on them in Philly.

I think if they don't stumble at all in the next few weeks, the Jets line should be 28 or higher.

If I was a betting man, I know I'd be making a killing betting on the Patriots to cover this year. :) They've covered 9 out of 10 times now. Not exactly a team a bookie should want to take bets on imo!

Can anyone please explain the irrational hatred of McNabb that Philly fans and others seem to have. Clearly, he will never be a Manning or Brady, but he has consistently been one of the top 6 or 7 QB's in the league when healthy.

I understand he has had a problem staying healthy, but is there something more to it? I know the Philly fans booed him lustily at the Draft, have they never gotten over that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes