Welcome to PatsFans.com

Vatican and ID

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by All_Around_Brown, Jan 19, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10932031/

"The Vatican newspaper has published an article saying “intelligent design†is not science and that teaching it alongside evolutionary theory in school classrooms only creates confusion."
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

AAB, Please don't use ANYTHING from the Vatican to back up your opinion of ID being taught in the schools. I spent my early life with them, and some of the INSANE stuff I heard (but didn't learn) would blow your mind, and it all came from the vatican.

Of course, if you're trying to demonstrate the evolution of thought on this subject, I get the point.
  3. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The vatican put their opinion out there. I'm just calling attention to it. The reasoning behind their opinion appear to be the same as was recently used in the Dover PA ruling - that its not science. Hey, when they have it right, they have it right. And it should be noted that they are comfortable with a separation of science and theology, don't feel threatened by evolution in fact feel it is Gods work. I'm just pointing out that religion can reconcile these things independantly.

If I wanted to specifically comment on it in terms of being a political issue, I would have posted it there.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I gotcha. It's like I reluctantly (and at great risk to my superiority) tell my wife, "You're right, Honey."

Bricks on me... :bricks: