PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vanderjagt officially signs with Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't as against him as others, given his record on grass. But it's hard to get those game winning misses out of your mind.

Yes!!!!!!!!!

This should really put the pressure on the Pats front office.

If they don't sign Edinger today, he will probably end up in

Green Bay and the Pats will have egg all over their face.

Jimke said:
This should really put the pressure on the Pats front office.

If they don't sign Edinger today, he will probably end up in

Green Bay and the Pats will have egg all over their face.
No they won't. Average to above average kickers who can kick in the clutch are a dime a dozen and can be found from many sources. I'd take an average kicker at $500K over Vinatieri at $3.5M.

Woo Hoo!

Relieved...that Vanderjerk signed in Dallas and not here! What entertainment value that locker room is gonna be. I predict now that this will be the death of Bill Parcells. Without a doubt, having to deal with T.O. and Vanderjerk will certainly give him a fatal heart attack. :p

Thank God. He is actually a good K, but I just do not like the guy.

awesome!

I say sign some FA from the CFL or the European league.

BelichickFan said:
No they won't. Average to above average kickers who can kick in the clutch are a dime a dozen and can be found from many sources. I'd take an average kicker at $500K over Vinatieri at $3.5M.

I don't think good kickers are that easy to find. Just look how many kickers Dallas has had recently trying to find one good one. BTW, Vinatieri is getting 2.5 per year, the 3.5 was the signing bonus.

workhorse said:
BTW, Vinatieri is getting 2.5 per year, the 3.5 was the signing bonus.
I was under the impression it was a $3.5M SB in addition to $2.5M salary a year on average. Prorating the SB to about $1M a year, that equals about $3.5M a year. We won't know until the actual numbers come out I guess.

Andy Johnson took the words right out my mouth.
It's an example of why I don't post more often.

I've read this fourm for about 2 years now, but someone inevitably says exactly what I'm thinking usually faster and more eloquently than I could.

I can't stand Vanderjaagt and I couldn't imagine we'd waste 2 roster spots to sign him.

BelichickFan said:
I was under the impression it was a $3.5M SB in addition to $2.5M salary a year on average. Prorating the SB to about $1M a year, that equals about $3.5M a year. We won't know until the actual numbers come out I guess.

Everything that I have seen says the deal averages $2.5 million over the first three years. That would mean that the signing bonus is included into the 2.5 figure.

workhorse said:
Everything that I have seen says the deal averages $2.5 million over the first three years. That would mean that the signing bonus is included into the 2.5 figure.

Vinatieri won't be as consistent as Vanderdrunk, but he will hit the big kick in the big game.

Jacky Roberts said:
Vinatieri won't be as consistent as Vanderdrunk, but he will hit the big kick in the big game.

Putting points up hasn't been a big problem for the Colts. It's just getting those points as the clock is about to run out.

workhorse said:
Putting points up hasn't been a big problem for the Colts. It's just getting those points as the clock is about to run out.

Is Vinatieri going to be your running back, too? Without Edge, you guys will be going for three pointers a lot this year.

Too Bad

Now Rodney doesn't get a chance to kick his A**!!! :D

TO, Teri Glenn, and Vanderjerk? That ought to be a fun locker room. Looks like the Tuna is going to earn his paycheck this year.

bucky said:
TO, Teri Glenn, and Vanderjerk? That ought to be a fun locker room. Looks like the Tuna is going to earn his paycheck this year.

No kidding. I smell a reality series.

I think TO is already going to be making a reality show. I think it's to be called the Cowjerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes