PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vanderjagt A Possiblilty????

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_PATS_FAN_54

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
now with adam gone, is vanderjagt the only other viable option for the pats???

Paul Edinger of the Vikings is a possibility. Otherwise it's probably a couple of veteran journeymen/draft choice/UDFA types to compete.

I'm hoping Fins cut Olindo Mare. He would be a great pickup.

Vandy's leg is too weak for kickoffs and he plays half his game indoors so his accuracy is overrated.

Might be worth it to see him kick a playoff winning figgie against the colts though, for irony's sake :D

I don't see this happening. But then again, I thought AV would definitely be back.

No way at all....he can't kickoff, he kicks in a dome and he is not a clutcyh kicker...three strikes and you are OUT!!!!!

Yeah, that'd be a great signing. We go from one of the most clutch kickers in NFL history to one of the biggest choke job kickers in NFL history. And one that's spent his career kicking in Indys little cocoon they call a stadium.

No thanks.

SoonerPatriot said:
Yeah, that'd be a great signing. We go from one of the most clutch kickers in NFL history to one of the biggest choke job kickers in NFL history. And one that's spent his career kicking in Indys little cocoon they call a stadium.

No thanks.

BB turns water into wine, dont worry.

R_T26 said:
BB turns water into wine, dont worry.

No thanks. You don't develop a guy like Vanderjerk. The direction to go now is rookie and pray to God you find someone that has the clutch gene.

I would rather have a scrub than Vanderjerk kicking FGs in Gillette.

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
now with adam gone, is vanderjagt the only other viable option for the pats???
That's blasphemy! Go wash your mouth out!

Todd Peterson is a pretty good kicker and is available.

If we got him at a fair price, yes I'd take him. Who cares if he played for the Colts. Didn't T.O. just sign with the Cowboys. Remember him taking the ball to the star? I'm sure that didn't upset any Cowboy fans. I remember Flutie saying he played with him in Canada, so he has experience in the cold. Bottom line, I could care less who he played for before, as long as he's good and comes at a fair price.

Mare is my choice - or an unamed, undrafted free agent, before Vanderjerk.

What about this...they sign a vet kicker...like Mare (if cut), Peterson or Edinger...and then draft a young kicker, this year or next and maybe even keeping two, so to have him learn from the vet for a year or so. I would think that might be an idea. I really doubt they'd bring a young kicker in to follow AV...just the pressure alone might be way too much.

well

Is brown still available? If so he would be a good choice, or Mare if cut. Other than that go to the draft---let's not get choke job in here!

mtbykr said:
Is brown still available? If so he would be a good choice, or Mare if cut. Other than that go to the draft---let's not get choke job in here!

What did the Hawks tender Josh Brown? Would love for them to make him an offer. That would be ideal.

With what Hawks just paid for Peterson, I can't imagine they'd be able to match a better-than-decent offer to Brown.

I'd rather we send Flutie out there for drop kicks than sign vanderjerk.

JoeSixPat said:
Mare is my choice - or an unamed, undrafted free agent, before Vanderjerk.

Sorry but Mare is a complete stiff. I'd rather just have our ST Captain yell out "P for K!" like in sandlot football than sign that guy. He's over the hill and not clutch.

ya

FSUPatsFan said:
I'd rather we send Flutie out there for drop kicks than sign vanderjerk.

I mentioned that a long time ago---great minds think alike :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back