Welcome to PatsFans.com

Vander Sloot does not have the left to protect him in Peru !

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Jun 19, 2010.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 15 / -9

Poor Jordan..... If he was on trial in American, he would have some lawyer
    looking to run up the bill on American citizens to defend this serial killer.

If he was convicted - there would be a ton of support from the left so that poor Jordan will not get the death penalty.

He would then be given protective custody so that no other prisoner
    would harm him.

Well thank goodness Jordan is in jail in Peru.

He will not get the death penalty in Peru, but he will not ge protected
    custody either.

He may be in isolation for now.
    When he is proven guilty he will go into the general population.
    Bobby the bookmaker in Vegas said that there in no line on Jordan surviving
    because he will be a dead man as soon as he hit general population.

Not even the left can protect Jordan in Peru !

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

The death penalty was made for people like Vander Sloot, the Death Penalty will insure that he will never Kill Again but of course in this case it doesn't make much difference for as you say as soon as he is turned loose in a Peruvian prison the animals will rip him apart, he'll have a few seconds to think about his dead girl friends before they dismember him.

Susan Sarandon & Sean Penn can make another "Dead Man Walking" movie about him, Liberals across America can silenty weep not for his victims but for the dirtbag himself.

I'm so glad I don't have a twisted "liberal brain"--------------:singing:

3. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 15 / -9

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 13 / -11

There's no sympathy for him on the part of the left. As a matter of fact, he seems to have been treated with kid gloves in Aruba by the wealthy conservative establishment, of which his father was part. While the left is opposed to the death penalty, it has never been opposed to punishing the guilty. There's no sympathy for Van Der Sloot, but we don't favor torture either. That perhaps is where we differ with conservatives.

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

I don't think execute enough felons. I think anyone sent to prison for violent crimes, that has no chance of parole, should be put 6 feet under. Why keep them alive? What purpose do they serve? I can't help but laugh at the people who feel that executing cold blooded murderers is barbaric.

6. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +296 / 3 / -4

So now there's something wrong with the criminal trial system in the US due to the left, too? Any suggestions any "small government" righties have to handle criminal trials?

As for the death penalty, my own main concern is that our justice system isn't infallible. As terrible as it is when somebody turns out to be innocent after their conviction, at least it can be undone at that time. That's slightly more difficult if you've executed them.

If we know for a fact that somebody committed multiple murders, or something like that (Dahmler comes to mind), I can live with the death penalty, though there's a legitimate question philosophically of whether the government should kill its citizens. But we have to know they did it -- and that doesn't mean the definition of "know" that prosecutors and cops employ.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

One of the problems with the DP is that it takes years, and millions of dollars through appeals, to actually execute someone. The whatever you want to call it crowd, purposely makes it that way, so that the costs of an execution become akin to housing, feeding, and caring for a thug felon for life. To me, people like those two losers who home invaded in Conn. a few years back, murdering that entire family, save for the dad, or this loser father who slaughtered his entire family in Winchester, should be torn limb from limb ASAP. There is no need to have a million appeals in cases like this. They are clear cut, undeniable incidents where guilt is as guaranteed, as their crimes were ruthless. I would only use the DP in cases where guilt is unquestioned. Be it by DNA matches, or by being caught with the murder knife in your hand.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Nobody should be executed unless it is proven beyond any doubt that they in fact commited the murder, if they are found guilty without doubt then they should be put to death within 30 days of the sentence.

Nothing is more disgusting than to see pictures of weeping slobbering foolish knee jeking liberals marching around with their silly f-cking signs protesting the death of a vicious savage grinning monster murderer.

Cold Blooded Killers Are Worthless Pieces Of Sh!t.

9. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +296 / 3 / -4

Ok, so you and I agree on the situations when it should be used, though im on the fence about whether to use it at all.

My concern about limiting the appeals process at that point is, simply, that I don't trust our government, including prosecutors. I think use of the death penalty would continue to expand, as they try to appear " tough on crime," and then limiting the appeals process will wind up with innocent people being executed instead of incarcerated.

I don't see an upside outweighing the possibility of an innocent person being killed, when life imprisonment seems like a pretty fitting penalty as well.

10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Maybe the Holloway family can use this to get some closure. I'd present it this way,
    " Tell us where the body is FIRST and if we find it, we will transfer you to an American court where you will plead guilty to murder, waiving your right to appeal (which is done in plea bargains all the time). You will serve "x" number of years (say 25 for a nice number) minimum in an American jail. You will elocute truthfully in open court as to the circumstances of her death.
    If you are untruthful or fail to meet your end of the deal at all, you will be returned to the Peruvian authorities for trial and what will likely be a life ( albeit short) sentence where you will leave the prison in a box.
    Take it or leave it."
    The only snag would be getting the Peruvians to agree to the extradition provided they don't want the light to shine on their prison system. .
    I don't care about him at all but for the sake of the Holloway family, they ought to have the right to bury their child. Some things are worse than death, the death of a child being one of them.

11. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,402 / 33 / -53

No Jersey Selected

Really? I hope he suffers until his last breath, myself.

12. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Amen!!

What about the innocent people who are murdered/raped/molested? Is it fair that their tax dollars should go towards making sure the person who did it has cable TV?

In China there have been a slew of attacks recently at elementary schools. Deranged middle aged men broke in to the schools and attacked children with knives. In almost every single case (if not every case) the perp was arrested, tried, and executed within a month. That seems horribly efficient to me. Could you ever picture this happening in America? Hell no. We'd spend years and millions in public tax dollars defending these people and then end up having them spend time in an institution continuing to be a burden to the tax payer. Why? What GAIN is there to society by this process?

13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 14 / -28

The way they operationalize the Death Penalty is beyond ridiculous on the Taxpayer's dime..

One time I was called in as an expert witness ( gender specific crime) in a Va. Capitol Murder Trial, they flew me into Richmond put me up for 4 days.. gave me per diem, and then testified for about 10 minutes.. without regard they found the girl guilty, and sentenced her to life. They wanted to know if in my professional opinion she could be rehabilitated, no one can predict that..

Another case have been involved with for a while (since 1973) , is Steven Smith was already in Prison for another murder when he killed and another killed a CO and their third accomplice.. initially they wanted me to come down and testify to his terrible childhood, did some research and found out it was a CO I declined, even though they threatened me with a subpoena..

He was found guilty and was given the death penalty, they appealed and then they started their shyt again and invited me on down again.. I declined.. he is now on death row.. and once again declined even though they threatened me again..

He is now on death row, former RI boy who really bought it.. Steven is now 49 years old, his brother Charlie is doing life in RI for killing the daughter of a girlfrien ... sickest group of people have ever known..

Below is the synopsis of the case.. The whole Darla Lathrem Case haunts me, as not only did they bludgeon her.. but stuffed her into a locker..

The Commission on Capital Cases updates this information regularly

As far as the moronic comments about how Vander Sloot does not have the left to protect him, there is no knowledge of how the system works just trite right wing talking points that make no sense in a larger context...

THE PRO LIFE PEOPLE ARE LIARS, THEY ARE AT BEST THE PRO BIRTH PEOPLE.. AFTER BIRTH IT IS OK TO KILL THEM>>>

What happens in Death Penalty Cases has been pretty much defined by the SCOTUS.. and there has to be a vigorous defense provided by the state..

An interesting case is Ronnie Lee Gardner who has shot by a firing squad midweek..

Crime and punishment for Ronnie Lee Gardner | Deseret News

14. Patters

Ratings:
    +347 / 13 / -11

You know, I read something like that, and I find it so hard to see the death penalty as anything but a shirking of responsibility by society at large. It was not only Gardner's parents who failed him, it was the church, the schools, the police, the social welfare agencies, the political leaders, the neighborhood, and so on. While I can certainly understand keeping someone like him locked up forever, to take his life is to pretend that society is not at least partly culpable.

15. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +296 / 3 / -4

16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 14 / -28

There is no way that any CO or group of CO's can manage a group of inmates, they allow themselves to be managed.. thus things like TV(self purchased) are functional, people have to imagine that you cannot keep them locked down 24/7... if that happens, usually bad things happen for prisoners and CO's...

You need to have privileges so they can be taken away, if you f.. up in prison you get less, if you obey the rules you get more... the staffing patterns border on ridiculous

Prisons are a delicate ballet of rules, and those who enforce them equitably.. if you cannot enforce the rule for the biggest badazzest dude, then go home and drive a bus..

The easier, more sane answer is have less people in prison, or develop a graduated sanctions system... but then the NIMBY kicks in.. even though prisoners come for the cities, the cities often do not want them back.

17. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As a member of society, I am curious what my responsibility is to individuals with bad parenting, etc... I think society is rotting from the inside out and I WISH I could do something about it. If I could, I would make reality telivision illegal, I re-instate teachers being able to spank kids, and I'd elect Tom Brady as Emperor of America... unfortunately society is ruled by the mass mind, and as a whole, society is fcking retarded which means our future will continue to go down hill.

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +347 / 13 / -11

I think in the normal course of events we exercise responsibility. If you heard something that worried you at a neighbor's house, you might knock on their door or call the police. If you see a child who looks like he's suffering or hurt, you might show him kindness or call social welfare. If you are with a child, you will probably treat him or her kindly, maybe even play ball if it was appropriate. But, one has to wonder if a person becomes evil because it is their bad luck that they are surrounded by people who won't get involved, will look the other, will mind their own business, and simply won't show a normal level of concern and compassion for a child. ... and I agree with you about reality tv. Personally, I think it's sadistic. ... But, Tom Brady as Emporer? Easy on the eyes, but BB has the brains.

19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Remember This Little Darling:
    All kinds of excuses for her, the usual sh!t, drugs, family etc, anything to take the blame from her, liberals do that, they wept and moaned for her the night the State sent her to hell (she had multiple orgasms hacking a human body to death with a pick ax.

Karla Faye Tucker
    Reaching back into the living room, Karla Faye grabbed the first murderous thing she saw, that pick-axe, three feet long and easy to the grip. Effortlessly, she lifted it, and returned to the chamber already smelling of blood. Danny, his senses satiated for the moment, paused to watch what his girl was doing, followed her curious movements as she circled the bed and raised the axe overhead. Now, for the first time; it was his turn to watch her as she swooped the pick in an arc, tearing the blade through the torso of the cowering female. "Let her have it!" he cheered. Seeing that Dean's skull was thoroughly flattened, Danny stood as spectator to Karla Faye's grand performance.

The girl, whom would later be identified as Deborah Thornton, had screamed only once and began to gurgle. The gurgling annoyed Karla Faye, so she gave it to her again and again in the chest, legs, stomach and shoulders. The more the body seemed to quiver, the more Karla Faye struck to stop its trembling. As the carcass turned to mush, blood splattered upward and across the room, onto the murderess.

"Yuck!" she mimicked, but delighted in the sensation. Danny threw a blanket over her head, daring her to hit the target blindfolded. "Like a pinata!" he rooted. And the killing became a game. Under the darkness of the cover, Karla Faye's senses became more acute; she could hear the whoosh of the axe as it fell, could hear the squish-squish of the blade penetrating soft, wet flesh. Ecstasy! Although she denied it later, she would tell friends that the excitement generated a triple orgasm, the likes of which she had never before experienced.

Karla Faye Tucker had busted loose.

When she had finished with Thornton, empowered by the deviancy, she finished off Dean with another twenty blows.

Before they left the scene of the crime, Danny left the pickaxe impaled in Deborah Thornton's heart.
    Karla Faye Tucker: Texas' Controversial Murderess - Crime Library on truTV.com

CRAZY LIBERAL KOOKS ACTUALLY PLEADED FOR KARLA FAYE TUCKERS LIFE

20. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +296 / 3 / -4

right, because some people think killing is wrong

and btw, it isn't just your dreaded libruls who think that -- you'll find quite a few religious folks who don't share a lot of librul views but feel the same way about killing, for example