Welcome to PatsFans.com

Valerie Plame on 60 Minutes Sunday

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Oct 20, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

what's that? she was a "desk jockey" with the agency? oops... wrong again...

Plame’s CIA job was to stop Iran from obtaining nukes.

» In her first interview since Bush administration officials outed her as a covert CIA agent, Valerie Plame Wilson reveals to CBS 60 Minutes that she was involved in preventing Iran from building a nuclear weapon. In the interview to be aired this Sunday, CBS reports that she was “involved in one highly classified mission to deliver fake nuclear weapons blueprints to Tehran.” From the interview.

Watch it

Plame’s role in Iran intelligence was first revealed by Raw Story’s Larisa Alexandrovna in Feb. 2006.

The unmasking of covert CIA officer Valerie Plame Wilson by White House officials in 2003 caused significant damage to U.S. national security and its ability to counter nuclear proliferation abroad, RAW STORY has learned.

According to current and former intelligence officials, Plame Wilson, who worked on the clandestine side of the CIA in the Directorate of Operations as a non-official cover (NOC) officer, was part of an operation tracking distribution and acquisition of weapons of mass destruction technology to and from Iran.
    Speaking under strict confidentiality, intelligence officials revealed heretofore unreported elements of Plame's work. Their accounts suggest that Plame's outing was more serious than has previously been reported and carries grave implications for U.S. national security and its ability to monitor Iran's burgeoning nuclear program.​

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

She's old news, nobody gives a sh!t about her or her lying a$s hole husband.
    Two Jerks.

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

thanks harry... that was special...

anyhow... this is going to be a very important moment tonight in TV journalism and some more truth behind a landmark case in american government... i hope they show the pages of totally blacked out sections in her recent book... that's right... not a couple sentences here and there like in Bob Baer's book "See No Evil"... no, pages... censored ...

oh, and ... not sure if i've mentioned this.... she wasn't a "desk jockey"...

:eek:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +428 / 12 / -26

I wonder if she was ugly and fit what we think of as a CIA agent, the perception of her abilities and aptitudes might be different??.. A lot of the stuff on this board like "cackling cuckold" and the Plame bashing is obvious sexism..

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Probably would be an interesting interview, and she's hot enough to look at to make it tolerable. But to be honest, IT'S GAME 7 TONIGHT and I'll be way to preoccupied to watch that kind crap.

GO SOX.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Amen to all of that!
    BONZAI! MATSUZAKA!

7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

So her missions were so secret that revealing her was a danger, so what does she do??

WRITES ABOUT HER MISSIONS IN A BOOK, AND THEN GOES ON TV TO TALK OUT THEM

Anyone else think that this is odd?

If something is a black opertion, it remains black, forever!!! You never, never, ever disclose what you did, and who you dealt with, to do so, would endanger everyone involved. If any of you have the previdge to meet a Navy Seal, ask them about what they did, AND THEY WILL ABSOLUTELY NEVER, NEVER, TELL YOU ANYTHING.

p.s. anyone who does talk, is most likely another one of the dems "phoney soilders".

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

She's going to milk it for all it's worth because anything she says the Left Wing Bush Hating Dingobats will eat it up, I'm surprised Harry Reid doesn't want her to run for President.
    :bricks:

9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

kinda pathetic deduction... :rolleyes:

yes, of course after having her career ruined, she'd have so much loyalty to a government who outed her, and an agency who barely stood up for her...

thanks so much for refusing to admit you were wrong at every stage of this case from the moment it started... you, and the "desk jockey!" crowd everywhere....

well, wrong until the end when the sentence was commuted, which was a no brainer; anyone could have gotten that right... just look at my signature...

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

James Bond and Pussie Galore :singing:

"My wife is a spy, don't tell anybody, we're going to be in the movies, don't tell anybody, my name isn't really Joey Wilson, it's Bond, James Bond, don't tell anybody"

Joe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:bricks:

Valerie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:bricks:

Movie Deal>>>>>>>>>>>>:bricks:

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

translation from Harry: "i didn't watch it... i know essentially nothing about the case"

anyhow, here we are: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wXbyG7SR-jM

note the line: "she was in charge of dozens of agents involved in counterproliferation"

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

13. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

...... and thank you for telling all of us just how right and smart you were at every stage of this case from the moment it started... You're humbleness is underwhelming for the rest of us peasants :rolleyes:

This case is the biggest red herring joke of an issue that the Launitic fringe has latched onto. Of all the real issues and problems within this administration to focus on, they pick the one that makes them look the silliest. Everyone else stopped caring about Plame a year ago.

...... and NO, I didn't see the interview, I was busy watching the Sox make it to the 2nd WS in 4 year :rocker:

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 6 / -2

Is that your neighbors wife, the one boob chic you go clamming with, in the black shirt, sitting in the corner? What was her name again?

15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

before i give this instigation the full response it deserves, did you just call me a lunatic?...

anyhow, yeah, i'm quite certain you didn't see the interview... and that you know very little about the case, and what it represents... however, don't let that stop you from insisting it's all a joke...

you Bush Leaguers really seem to have absolutely no diversity whatsoever... you all seem exactly the same, hitting on the exact same talking points... it's like you all got the Rove syllabus and follow it to the letter...

16. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I actually KNOW much more about it then you, and I also remember that I already P'wned your ass on the topic up about it about 6 months ago. I've lost interest in it now to tell you the truth, but I'd happpily school you again if you'd like ;) .

.... and No, I actually did not specifically call YOU a lunitic either. I said (yes I have to quote myself seeing the first time I said it eluded you).

Well, OTOH, if you consider yourself the "Lunatic fringe", then I guess I did. I wasn't trying to though. :D

You can pretend this is about Bush, Rove and Co. but it's really not as much as you think. It's about the media taking advantage of some pretty stupid folks. "Loose lips, sinks ships". It's not evidence of "encroaching fascism".

17. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Was it the media that got to the jury that convicted Scooter? or did Soros or Nancy Pelosi intervene personally? How do you get around the fact that a regular bunch of Americans (the jury) studied the incident and decided he broke the law?

18. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

It's called a circle jerk.............. I assume you've been to a few of those :rolleyes:

Ummmm, if you knew ANYTHING about the case, you'd know that Libby lied and did dumb ass things (that he got convicted for), but HE NEVER actually Plame. One person outed plame, and he don't work for Bush. At least read a couple things before insulting people.

19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Do you really think he did those things because he was 'dumb?'

20. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

No, I think he did those thing cause he is a career YES man. Doesn't matter left or right, he'd have bent over for whoever came calling. That's what YES men do.