PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Utopian concept: NFL players should have health care for life...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How should post career heath care be provided for NFL players?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you guys make me laugh. You complain because these guys are fighting to get every penny but if it were you, you'd be saying how you fought for everything. It doesn't surprise me that there's a common mentality out there where you despise anyone who has more than you. These guys are just trying to get their piece of the pie. Excuse me if their pie is much larger than yours. If you were in their shoes, you would do the same thing.... either work harder or shut up. Either way, no one cares.

You make me laugh because these players have been unionized since the 70's and they have always fought for every penny only they historically opted to take them up front and not set any aside for their lengthy retirement years...which is the subject of this thread.

I tried to google that and can't find anything...

There have been some changes for sure, but I do know that the league was offering to set up savings plans for players to help fund the cost of allowing vested players to retain their NFL health care benefits for life as opposed to for 5 years post retirement as well as to fund extended care policies for past and present players to provide for potential dementia care. They started the "88" plan a while ago for earlier retirees that provides $88K per year for medical and custodial care. I believe at issue on that remains who pays for it (until now it's been the league...).

I believe that I was WRONG on HSAs demise...

Health savings accounts incorporated in new health care bill - American Dental Association - ADA.org

You make me laugh because these players have been unionized since the 70's and they have always fought for every penny only they historically opted to take them up front and not set any aside for their lengthy retirement years...which is the subject of this thread.

I might make you laugh but you still sound like you're jealous. Frankly, if they can get it, good for them. I'm not going to cry about it which seems to come so easy to some.

I might make you laugh but you still sound like you're jealous. Frankly, if they can get it, good for them. I'm not going to cry about it which seems to come so easy to some.

I'm not jealous. I just realize there is no such thing as a free lunch. NFL players want to have their cake (straight cash homey) and eat it too (which I blew so you need to cover my retirement lifestyle and medical care bro...). None of us get that even if we work decades at a high risk job. These guys were dumbfounded when they had to pay for COBRA medical...because they haven't had to pay for health care in their lifetime... For over a decade now most of us have had to cover at least part of the cost of our own healthcare which changes drastically once we retire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back