PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Using Stanback and Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As Reiss pointed out this week, Isaiah Stanback benefited from Aiken's injury; since the Pats played much of the game in a 3 WR set, he was on the field for the majority of snaps, although he was rarely targeted.

Edelman, who just started practicing on Friday, was only active for five snaps the entire game, but still got enough separation that Brady threw to him twice.

It'll be interesting to see how things shake out against the JEST.

[BTW, the fact that Stanback was on the field as much as he was is not insignificant; players such as Stanback, Edelman, and Pryor who have rookie deals with small or nonexistent signing bonuses can receive an extra $200+ at the end of the season for every snap they play. So Stanback will likely get an extra $10,000 or so at the end of the season for his work on Sunday; Edelman's already earned significantly more than that for his play time against the JEST and Titans.]

Cool.......

I opened this thread thinking it was going to be how the Offense could use 2 ex-QB's who now play WR in a few gadget plays.

I opened this thread thinking it was going to be how the Offense could use 2 ex-QB's who now play WR in a few gadget plays.
Shush, don't be giving away the secrets.

Moss, Welker, Aiken, Edelman and Stanback is a pretty good looking depth chart.

Moss, Welker, Aiken, Edelman and Stanback is a pretty good looking depth chart.

It's not the greatest, but it will work. Aiken isnt really a 3rd WR in the NFL

It's not the greatest, but it will work. Aiken isnt really a 3rd WR in the NFL

Actually a fourth, but like a baseball manager, I couldn't put Welker and Edelman together in the order since they do the same thing basically- - it was like having 4 lefties in a row.

As always, some forumers are too hung up on "depth charts."

If on a given play, Aiken has the best chance of scoring a TD, he goes out and plays.

Moss and Welker are the clear terrors on the field. After that it's a bit cloudy and I have to think that's just fine and dandy with Bill. Every guy has a role to play and as long as the WR after the top two makes the catch when he has the chance, that's gonna work out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes