PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Used to respect him, but Felger's Act is getting tiresome

Status
Not open for further replies.

National Sports Advisors

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I'm all for fair and balanced reporting over the "homer" reporting that goes on in far too many newspapers nationwide. However, having said that, it is becoming quite obvious that Michael Felger simply has a "Ron Borges-esque" agenda when it comes to reporting on the Patriots. I've defended Felger many times on this forum, but I simply cannot defend the guy anymore after his articles the past two days. The guy is just way too smug and fails to grasp what the hell is going on out there. To call out Randy Moss for dropping two balls(one was clearly underthrown!) after the game he played saturday night is just downright embarassing. I know Felger has never been a Moss fan, but give me a break already. Then, to nitpick over one Lauren Maroney run with 5 minutes left after the kid played arguably his grittiest, toughest game as a Patriot is also just downright embarssing. Memo to Felger, NOBODY is perfect!!! Good lord. I have been Maroney's biggest critic, but you got to give credit where credit is due. The kid played a hell of a game, in my opinion. He ran tough, hit the holes hard, and ran in the red zone like a true STUD should. Felger is just trying way too hard to be "unbiased", but there comes a point in time when you just have to give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
My three favorite people in the world are NEM/NSA, Felger and Borges. :D

Oh, yeah, Maroney is made of glass.

Felger is just trying way too hard to be "unbiased",
Felger is just trying hard to be controversial. He bills himself as the voice of reality, or whatever, and isn't so different than half the posters here (The sky is falling, the sky is falling).

He hopes to look good if he is ever right. He said Dillon would not fit in, that Moss would not fit in in the locker room would be a non-factor on the field, and other great pronouncements.

It creates controversy and gets him listeners. It worked for Borges and it is working for him.

He said we should have kept Deion, and when we signed all the WRs he said, "See, I said this a long time ago," and then said we got the wrong WRs.

When he is wrong, as with Moss and Dillon, he simply ignores it. If someone ever should mention it in his presence, he just says something else even more controversial.

He wants to be a bigger media presence, and it is working to a degree. He can be a big fish in a small pond doing his jerky act. What he can't do is take his act national, as did Curran, Nix, Neumeyer, Smith, etc.

I edited out my post when I read the rest of your original one. Kudos for coming around.

I call it like I see it. Nothing more, nothing less. I never said I wanted Maroney to fail. That's why I was so upset when the kid was not playing well. Forget stats. I go by what I see. The kid had a 2.5 YPC saturday, yet I thought it was one of his best games as a Patriot. I loved the way the kid ran saturday. He ran tough!! He ran hard!! He hit the holes!! That's all I ask from the guy. Plus, the best part of all, he ran like a MAN in the red zone!!! Those 2 touchdown runs plus the 2 point conversion were mostly due to his hard running. That's what the great backs do. I was far more impressed with him saturday than the previous 2 weeks against the Jets and Dolphins. He ran well against those 2 teams, don't get me wrong, but he ran like a STUD against the Giants even if the YPC numbers weren't great. If he continues to run like that, than I will become one of his biggest fans.:D

Felger has limited writing and observational skills; his "talent" is to go against the grain and get people talking about him. Seriously, when was the last time you read a Felger piece and thought either A) "I hadn't realized that point," or B) "That's clever and entertaining."?

Randy Moss = most prolific WR ever. Let's just leave it at that.

The big issue with Felger is he looks at one instance and tries to blow that into a controversy in place of looking at the big picture and giving a true opinion. Part of that is he thinks it's his job. Part of it is he's one of those knee jerk reaction guys. He also falls in love with star power which is ironic for somebody who covers the Patriots yet didn't like the Moss signing and tries to bring the guy down whenever he can.

I have stopped watching the 5th quarter because of him. Reiss is so much better. He calls the bad bad, but not for the sake of sensationalism. I like Bob Lobel a great deal which was not always the case. I wish Channel 4/38 would just get rid of Felger.

Did anyone catch Brady's press conference after the game Saturday and someone asked him about getting media attention from all over the world even in Japan. I could of sworn that was Felger who asked that question. Can anyone clairify that?

Borges begat Callahan who begat Dennis who begat Felger all of whom are the resident Patriot Contrarians.. aka media whores who will do anything for the ratings.. sell their soul, their children by pandering their idle pap to the masses who choose to read them.

Last edited:
I like Felger as he's always stirring the Patriot pot even if he's wrong most of the time.

I never respected Felgie.
What analytical view or insight does he bring to the table?
None.
Does he have contacts who feed him breaking stories and scoops?
No. His GB sources are most often wrong.
He's a media artifact pretty boy, shallow in substance whose gig is resident contrarian, and he does a poor job at it with specious reasoning at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes