Welcome to PatsFans.com

USAToday Poll: 70% says USA are on the wrong track

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Mar 10, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Polls mean nothun. Remember...a "leader" who leads by polls is capitulating to the public will, which is not what you want to do when you are representing a government by the people for the people. Or when you think that americans are generally complete idiots. Rather, you should do what you want to do, and if the public doesn't go along with it, then you need to repeat yourself over and over, "to kinda, catapult the propaganda"

When that doesn't work...drop bombs on some people overseas. Works every time.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

From the article:
    "...Nearly four out of five Americans, including 70% of Republicans, believe civil war will break out in Iraq — the bloody hot spot upon which Bush has staked his presidency. Nearly 70% of people say the U.S. is on the wrong track, a 6-point jump since February..."

This idiot will go down as the worst of all time. I just our troops can get out in time. What a piece of shyte chimp, and what an embarrassment the Democratic party is for letting him have a second term.

Where's Talon been?
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't blame the Democrats for Bush's second term. I blame the people who actually think we found WMDs in Iraq for Bush's second term.
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Except when you consider the rubberneck established beltway democrats assisted in the scuttling of Deans campaign- which took the Iraq argument out of their court, and left Kerry waffling on "I was for the 82 billion dollar supplement before I was against it".
  6. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yep, the Democrats do have to take some of the blame. It was actually very difficult to say what they were going to do other than be moderate Conservatives. Kerry was an efficient but boring candidate. Would he have been a better president than Bush? Well, yes, but so would half of your country's politicians on both sides. Being the anti-Bush isn't enough. If I were the Democrats, I'd stop trying to fight the Reps on their issues and create some of my own, e.g. fair taxation, working conditions, the flow of jobs abroad, government as a good thing, health coverage for all, multilateral foreign policy, equal opportunities and so on. The more right-wing conservatives of the South and Midwest don't intend to vote for you, so why bother trying to appeal to them?