USA Today-Early odds on Skins game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Pats -16.5

O/U 50

How many folks take Washington and the under THIS week?

Damn. I realize it's an extra 6 for homefield, but I wasn't expecting the final number to be so close to the Miami spread...I suppose it's in their interest to keep pumping it until they fail to beat it...

All the line does is make sure that an equal amount of people bet on each team. That way the bookies make money no matter what. The line is not a statistical probablility, but more of a measurement of national sentiment among gamblers.

Damn. I realize it's an extra 6 for homefield, but I wasn't expecting the final number to be so close to the Miami spread...I suppose it's in their interest to keep pumping it until they fail to beat it...

I thought home teams get 3 points for playing in their own stadium..

Pats -16.5

O/U 50

Yea i would take the Skins +16.5 any day against any team. This will be the best test for Brady this year.

Pats -16.5

O/U 50

I would not touch Washington and the points. After seeing this team dismantle seven straight opponents, including a Dallas team in Dallas, err, what would make me take the points?

Dudes, we are scoring almost 40 points a game, even when they yank Brady for a few series. Unless our D simply doesn't get out of bed that day, I cannot be blamed for giving the points, right?

There are no locks. That's what they say. But man, wow, I am beginning to wonder.

Yea i would take the Skins +16.5 any day against any team. This will be the best test for Brady this year.

Funny, we hear that most every week. :)

OK, I admit we didn't hear it this last week. Much. Although the Patriots habit of losing in Miami was talked about quite a bit...

Any analysis to back that up besides blind homerism?

After all, you almost lost to a one-armed former grocery bagger, while managing a grand total of 160 total yards. Anything COULD happen, but I mean, come on.

Any analysis to back that up besides blind homerism?

After all, you almost lost to a one-armed former grocery bagger, while managing a grand total of 160 total yards. Anything COULD happen, but I mean, come on.

Stellar secondary play. Sean Taylor in the last 4 games : 5 ints 8 PD and 3 more dropped ints. Very fast defense, and probably the best you have faced this year so far. (May very well be the best defense you will face)

The 7 teams NE has faced this year have given an average of 26.6 points per game. Only one of those teams SD have an under 20ppg average(19.8) The Skins have been playing great defense, holding teams to 14.7 ppg, which is 3rd in the league.

The only problem with our D is that they get tired from being on the field so much. Most offensive production has been in the second half. Big key to this game will be to keep the D fresh with a few sustaining drives in the second half.

You read it wrong; its Skins +16.5 per Half.

Hell no. At home? Take the points and the over, no question.

The 7 teams NE has faced this year have given an average of 26.6 points per game. Only one of those teams SD have an under 20ppg average(19.8) The Skins have been playing great defense, holding teams to 14.7 ppg, which is 3rd in the league.

The only problem with our D is that they get tired from being on the field so much. Most offensive production has been in the second half. Big key to this game will be to keep the D fresh with a few sustaining drives in the second half.

No, you have no chance, it will not be pretty. Sorry. You'll lose. Horribly. It will be a boring game by halftime. The Redskins have no chance. It's not worth getting your hopes up. Period.

No, you have no chance, it will not be pretty. Sorry. You'll lose. Horribly. It will be a boring game by halftime. The Redskins have no chance. It's not worth getting your hopes up. Period.

Awesome. So then why should they even play then?

The NFL should just give the Pats the W right now then right? I mean since the game is already over with right?

Any given Sunday.

Awesome. So then why should they even play then?

The NFL should just give the Pats the W right now then right? I mean since the game is already over with right?

Any given Sunday.

No not this Sunday. They probably shouldn't even play this game. In fact, you should hope it gets cancelled or something because you aren't just going to lose in a way more embarrassing than the "Eastern Motor" commercials with half your team, but you'll also sustain significant injuries as a result from stepping onto the field with a real football team the likes of which you've never seen before. Just ask every other team we've demolished this year.

Seriously, the phrase "Any given Sunday" just doesn't apply to these clowns:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=asfTaex84H0&mode=related&search=

Last edited:
I would not touch Washington and the points. After seeing this team dismantle seven straight opponents, including a Dallas team in Dallas, err, what would make me take the points?

Dudes, we are scoring almost 40 points a game, even when they yank Brady for a few series. Unless our D simply doesn't get out of bed that day, I cannot be blamed for giving the points, right?

There are no locks. That's what they say. But man, wow, I am beginning to wonder.

I really hope to see our D stiffen up in preparation for the Colts game. I don't care if we have a big lead, I'd like to see our D hold the Skin to 14 or less...unless we only score 10!:D

i'll parlay the -16.5 with the over. Won big on the Dallas game.

good luck to the gamblers out here in patsfan land

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing