PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

USA Today: "Brady Would Be a Fool To Sue NFL"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
To bad USA Today doesn't allow comments! Talk about biased "journalism"!

Brady Would be a Fool to Sue the NFL

Ridiculously, Brady has become a sympathetic figure in Deflategate, mainly due to the knee-jerk hatred of all decisions and comments coming from the NFL’s front office. He likely cheated in the 2015 playoffs en route to a Super Bowl, and possibly long before, yet many view him as the oppressed one.
Use that. Embrace that. Don’t become Al Davis. If Brady is in legacy mode (and he should be) then taking the NFL to trial over something he’s likely guilty of is the wrong move.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/07/tom...suspension-roger-goodell-new-england-patriots

xxx_cartoonist_gary_varvel__the_tom_brady_punishme_73095066.jpg

So little content in the USA Today. Always a day behind on their stories and don't even have weekend workers. In this case this seems like a regurgitated article by Espn from January that they threw out there.

Won't click but find the highlights sort of funny. Especially the new price of their paper to keep it barely afloat.

Like Drake said, "No new [clicks]." Or it was something like that. LOL

I was considering crafting a response to the idiocy contained in this article, but then I realized there is so much idiocy that I don't have time right now to write a response as thorough as the idiocy demands.

However, my favorite part is the moronic implication that UnderArmor might pressure Brady to not suing the league because it could damage their attempt to become the official apparel maker of the NFL a couple years down the road. :rolleyes:

didn't click but by what was posted, the author does not understand what the court action would be about....

most opinions are now formulated on the basis of whether you are a fan or not

F.uck that cartoon. At least its just some newsrag from Indy.

It isn't called "McPaper" for nothing!
USA Today has not only been made irrelevant by the Internet (I remember when hotels gave it away for free under your door in the morning, especially in towns where there was no real Newspaper) but its standards of "journalism" are below those of The National Enquirer, which at least occasionally breaks a major story, as salacious as it might be.

Not clicking.... But they obviously didn't read the Wells report.

Oh they did read it and in the Wells report it said "Tom Brady is a cheater. Tom Brady is a cheater. Tom Brady is a cheater..." Yup that's right they read all 253 pages of that!

Let's be sure to remind them that they wrote this when he wins.

Translated into Hater-ese: " Please don't sue the NFL* Mr Brady, you'll ruin everything!"

USA Today in the old pre internet days was decent for travel boredom ... now they are a joke.

Translated into Hater-ese: " Please don't sue the NFL* Mr Brady, you'll ruin everything!"

you know i can see the NFL lawyers pulling Brady and his legal team aside and off the record to beg and plead to not take this to court because of how badly they will loose.

what a crock of ****.

As I mentioned in the other thread that quoted this article, the author Chris Chase is well known for writing inflammatory articles with attention-grabbing headlines as click bate to bring in advertising revenue to Yahoo and USA Today. Brady's not the first professional athlete he has aggressively maligned. The dude's a jerk, and he knows it, and he is taking every rage click that his articles generate to the bank. I wouldn't take him too personally.

"He likely cheated in the 2015 playoffs en route to a Super Bowl, and possibly long before"

This sounds like it was written by a jest fan in the comment section of an online article

"Despite there being absolutely no evidence that Brady ever did anything wrong, I'm assuming that he cheated because....well....because......because he's a cheater!!!

Suck it, USA Yesterday!

To the author of the article I did not read:
youre-an-idiot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing