PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

USA Today Article on McGinest

Status
Not open for further replies.

njpatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Patriots' expatriate spreads winning ways with Browns:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/browns/2006-08-23-mcginest-feature_x.htm

Nice article on what Willie has brought to Cleveland.

Some good nuggets: Did anyone know he was injured last year ?

The key, now, is getting McGinest, the NFL's postseason sacks leader with 16, on the field. He had offseason surgery to remove bone chips from his left elbow in early June and has yet to play in a preseason game. "I don't know when I'm coming back," McGinest said Monday. "It could be this week, next week, or Sept. 10. When the coaches and doctors feel comfortable, I will be back."

And on him and Rodney:

This whole "edge" deal started in about 2003, when Rodney Harrison came to New England and the two began pushing each other.

"Rodney helped raise my game to another level," McGinest says. "It worked for me, and I'm trying to push that through everybody. If we can get 15, 20, 25 guys doing extra, going harder, it keeps spreading. Next thing you know, the whole team is trying to do whatever they can to win.

R

Willie, Adam, and Givens are all injured right now...glad they are not on our team ;)

len_mullen said:
Willie, Adam, and Givens are all injured right now...glad they are not on our team ;)
Is that odd?? Has anyone heard about the others?? Dwight, Ashworth, Davis???

Pats726 said:
Is that odd?? Has anyone heard about the others?? Dwight, Ashworth, Davis???

Dwight missed a recent Jets practice with an 'undisclosed injury' (very Belichickian).

I really liked that article, McGines is one hell of a leader and is a perfect for the up and comming browns defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back