Welcome to PatsFans.com

USA in deep doo doo:

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Run DMC, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

People don't seem to argue against this pessimistic formula much anymore...

2005 and 2006 when the 28 percetnters' hero was in office and deregulation was still "vogue" to them? well, they would squawk adamantly that all was fine, and growth had no end in sight.

now? Hardly a peep. In fact, many of the same people who clung to the hollow insistence that "the economy is still strong" are either dead silent today, or outraged. Of course, most of them are blaming it all on Obama and pretending the Bush League played no part. This, of course, despite the fact that the house of cards started falling long, LONG before Obama was elected.

Things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better. Yes, I know: No one wants to hear or admit that, but all the signs are there. If it is NOT the case, where is the cohesive argument that disputes all the signs of collapse today are innocuous?

This is an avalanche that can not be stopped at this point. Such was the case this time last year, when Bushie and his cadre of friendly bankers got together and collectively said "uh oh, what now?" All Obama has done, wrongfully, is buy off the problem by 3-5 years or so. And that decision will simply make a category 4 **** storm a category 5.

We don't make anything any more. We borrow and borrow and borrow on a line of credit that ended 4-5 years ago. Instead of getting off fossil fuels (or at least trying) 30 years ago when we were all warned, the greedy Friedmanist morons who took over just relied ever more heavily on fossil fuels to ramp up growth. Growth growth growth. Print print print.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Weel many people who supported the war opposed the bailouts during the last administration and predicted the policies of the current administration would blow up the economy, J Carter on steroids was the term used.
  4. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Doesn't the recent spending and potentiall proposed spending just further accelerate the downfall of our currency. When we sell our debt we give up a portion of our control over these issues.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

The wrong attitude on this issue would be to gloat and say I told you so...but I'm not one of those SOB's who enjoy telling others "SEE! I was right!" Besides, we still have many "WORLD POWER" options remaining.

I'd rather see us get in a war to save our system than to say "Well, it was a good run while it lasted...oh well" We should capture some remote countries like the "good 'ol days" and exploit them....what's the biggie?

Well, if we're lucky.....we can muster up some diabolical plan (like starting a new war) to save it. As long as our leaders decide to lead us, we still have dominating fascist power.....and I for one like our chances. This is survival folks! You don't let you currency go down the tube without attempting to take advantage of some of our power to correct it.

It's the RIGHT thing to do....
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You think the war and the bailouts are disconnected?...:rofl: ...You're joking, right? Carter references are getting old. There isn't a person on the planet with half a brain who builds a bridge from Carter to what's happening today. Nice try. Why not go back to Roosevelt or Hoover?

The problem, as PC has said, is that we don't make anything anymore. We let corporations collect government subsidies and preference and then we let them leave the country to get cheaper labor so their stocks could go higher and the officers of that corporation and their friends got rich without lifting a finger. Then they get the sleeping masses to believe that they are the ones driving the economy and "providing" for the economy, which is clearly crap to anyone willing to do the hard work of thinking about the big picture rather than blaming whoever is currently in power.

Unfortunately for all of us, Obama appears to be as out-of-touch as Bush, Clinton, Bush or Reagan was. Obama needs to take a trip to Detroit ASAP before he even thinks of going to any place else. He needs to put as much emphasis on that once-great city as he would on San Francisco when the big one hits.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Where do you sign up?...and I do mean YOU.
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If this holds water our diabolical plan ought to be to close Ramstein AFB, withdraw from NATO and let France and Germany deal with Russia getting cute all over again. Same with our people in Japan. Let the Chinese and Japanese deal with Little Kim's nuke ambition. We'll pull back and promise to deal with any sudden conquest tendencies that Canada or Mexico may develop. They, these 'basket of currencies' people, can deal with THEIR neighbors. Seems to me that if they don't want our leadership WRT economics they shouldn't get any of our leadership. Including sending some guy from Iowa 12,000 miles away from home to defend someplace else.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Best post I've read here in a long time mr daniels! I agree 100%. We should keep our military on the cutting edge, but only to protect ourselves. We shouldn't help defend any nation that takes an action that hurts our economy. Personally, I'd rather not have us help anyone but ourselves.
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Obama is trying to use the same policies as Carter di except on steroids. The results will therefore be worse.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You're repeating yourself and making my point.
    Why do you go back to Carter? Why not say "Bush" instead and be done with it? It's a continuum and you know it. Everyone knows it. The combination of influence exerted on the government by the corporations via campaign finance and, some would argue, and outright coup by their lawyers is what's causing the economic meltdown. To put the blame on Obama alone is not honest. He's just an agent. He can't do anything without Congress. and permission from the Corporate Overlords.
  12. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It's so predictable that people are going to try to turn this into a partisan blame game.

The right wing sheep don't really care about figuring out and fixing what happened, they want to pin the blame and hope that this country actually fails right now with its current leaders.

I'm not sure why some here are surprised by the news about the dollar. It's been brought up here many times before. If you were smart, you moved your assets out a long time ago.
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

[​IMG]
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Guys, this goes back way before Obama, Bush, Clinton, Carter, etc. Furthermore, to blame this on "deregulation" is more hooey. The problems we face today are a culmination (some dereg does fit in here) of bad policies, and overspedning, by political parties who are both inept, and in the pocket of special interests. Bankruptcy is the only option. I used to laugh at a friend who said that over 10 years ago, until about 5 years ago, when I started saying the same. This is not Bush's fault alone, just as it isn't Obama's. They're both part of the overall problem though.
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Carter raised taxes, Bush did not. Carter restricted Energy production, Bush did not. Both spent too much all the pols spend too much. Obama is expanding goverment spending in a way not seen since WW2. Obama is proposing a takeover of the ehalthcare system and tha cap and trade agenda along with chocking off domestic energy production.
  16. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

So this past winter during the economic meltdown. Countries from all around the globe tanked. Why, because they were to invested in the fraudelent dollar or because at this point everything is inter-connected? If they fall off the cliff because our market fell off, than if nothing else it shows there is a dependancy on our markets.
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

uh...........WTF?
  18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Read it again then...this time with your tongue stuck against your cheek! ;)
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

thank god....
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Worst case scenario...it's always an option.