Welcome to PatsFans.com

US Study Finds Over 80% of US Mosques Promote Jihad

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jul 9, 2011.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

I'll thank STATE for the source of this study which he posted in another thread. But I believe this study is important enough to have it's own thread for discussion.

U.S. Mosques: Terror Mills? - Investors.com

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Now you've done it, it's Loon Hair Pulling Time, American moonbat liberals have fallen madly in love with this religion, whenever members of this religion go out and slaughter in the name of their God and then "Praise Allah" aftter they have performed surgery on their victim (amputation & decapitation) the American Far Left Liberal goes into a trance or starts raving about Timothy McVeigh.

If things go as usual you will now be branded as a Racist, feel free to beat the sh!t out of the Mormons though nobody cares about them.

Loonville USA
    Praise Allah
    Jesus Sucks

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Sort of amazing how badly they've failed. Seems to me we've had more terrorism by right wing radicals than by Muslims since 2001. On the other hand, perhaps it's because the word jihad refers to struggle, and for the overwhelming majority majority of Muslims no longer subscribe violent jihad anymore than Christians subscribe to things like Luke 19:22-27 where Jesus says, "‘those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me." Context is everything when understanding old books in a new world.

Also, let's remember that Investor's Daily is hardly a reliable publication, since it seems to proffer its political line at the expense of truthfulness:

Jihad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On July 31, 2009, an editorial at IBD, criticizing Barack Obama's healthcare plans, claimed that Stephen Hawking "wouldn't have a chance in the U.K., where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless."[7] As Hawking was born and has always lived in the United Kingdom, and receives his medical care from the British National Health Service, the editorial was widely criticized for its inaccuracy.[6][8][9] The online version of the editorial was later corrected to remove and apologize for the implication Stephen Hawking didn't live in the UK, but did not apologize for implying the NHS would judge Stephen Hawking's life as 'worthless'[10] but IBD continued to defend the original editorial, calling the mention of Hawking a "bad example" and accusing those that mentioned their error of "chang[ing] the subject."[11] Hawking responded to the editorial by saying: "I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the NHS... I have received a large amount of high-quality treatment without which I would not have survived."[12]

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -27

Center for Security Policy is a neo con think tank..

The article does not reference the actual study and who were the investigators.. so the overall veracity is questionable.

When you go to the Center for Security Policy there is no obvious link to the study.. so either investors daily made it up or the Center for Security Policy do not want to feature this groundbreaking work.

Inquiring minds, usually want to check the actual study instead of just following along... lemmings come to mind.

5. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Here's a link to the actual article and the methodology involved.

Shari'a and Violence in American Mosques :: Middle East Quarterly

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -27

When you start a commentary with:

It begs any form of intellectual discussion, as the outcome is predicted prior to the study and bias is evidenced.

7. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

needn't look further than the title to know this was going to be fail thread...

did not disappoint.

8. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Jihad means struggle? Well that's a relief. Struggle against what?

No what else means struggle? Kampf. As in Mein Kampf.

That passage by Jesus is part of a parable (the Parable of the Ten Minas). He is describing the actions of a king. Christians never subscribed to a thing like that so I don't get your comparison to "Muslims don't believe in violent Jihad anymore".

You are right about old books in a new world as long as the people reading them have joined it. Not sure that describes places like S.A. or Afghanistan.

9. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Of course, the vast majority of Christians don't subscribe to the Bible's advocacy of killing, slavery, oppression of women, and other abuses, just as most Muslims don't subscribe to a violent definition of jihad. In fact, I have a very good and devout Muslim friend (which I think says something considering I'm a gay, atheist, Jew!) who is in his early 60s. I've asked him about some of things in the Koran and he said they have to be seen in the context of the whole section in which they appear. Just as Christians over the years have found ways to reinterpret the Bible to be more inclusive and more equal, most Muslims have done the same with the Koran.

And let's not forget that we have mainstream politicians who use the Bible to define women who have abortions as murderers and actually advocate that the courts treat them as such. In 100 years that will be seen as truly nuts, as radical and extremist as some of the things that Muslim radicals advocate. There are radicals on both sides.

10. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

I am not sure that your friend in the U.S. represents mainstream Islam. He may be Muslim, but the numbers are in places that are much different culturally. More importantly, the majority of their religious leadership comes from a very different school of thought. The number one export of Saudi Arabia is no longer petroleum, it's ideology. I haven't read the study in the OP and most likely will not. I do know that the Wahabbis have spent a lot of dough building mosques all over the world. In S.A., they have executed people for being homosexual. That's pretty extreme.

11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Obviously you have the usual amount of liberals bashing Christianity in this thread; that's their default, pre-programmed response to any criticism of Islam. But what they fail to realize is that while the criticism of Islam stems from things taking place in the current day, they have to go back several centuries to find the evils of Christianity.

Sure, if you want to talk about the 12th Century then you'll find mainstream Christianity doing some pretty heinous things. Meanwhile here in the 21st century, it is mainstream Islam promoting violence and destruction (as this study demonstrates).

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

You are certainly right that Muslim radicals are far more dangerous to us than Christian ones.

That said, it also appears that Christian culture (not radicals) in general has been far more dangerous than Muslim culture. Like it or not, Christian values and culture laid the groundwork for some awful governments, including Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, and Pinochet. Why the beautiful values of Christianity did prevail over those monsters suggests some sort of flaw to Christianity. For all the shortcomings of the modern Muslim religion (and I certainly prefer modern Christianity), it has historically created cultures that are less fiendishly ambitious than is Christian culture.

13. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

I think what you are hitting on here is the premise of the OP: the tension between church and state. The state often used the church for its own ends.

What do you mean by "less fiendishly ambitious"? How do you think Islam was spread? Lack of success does not always signify lack of ambition. Sometimes it means a lack of ability to execute. ;)

14. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And, like clockwork, rejection of all organized religion sounds like "Islam good; Christianity bad" in the ear of Godders here.

Awwww... Poor them.

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Islam was very ambitious in its early years (as was Christianity), but I don't think it's had the same expansionist drive that the west had. The big movement in the Middle for years were the Baathists (Saddam Hussein, Assad, Nasser, etc.) whose focus was on uniting the region into one sort of united states, something that the west did everything in its power to stop. Even before that, we don't see Muslim warriors pushing aggressively very far compared to the west.

The Muslim world has never been as expansionist as the Christian world--I'm not saying that's because they're noble or better (since obviously the way they treat their citizens is awful), but the fact remains the Christian world has been fiendishly ambitious using every form of force available to achieve its ends.

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

What is usually missing in these discussions IMO is the political nature of the religion. I think Islam will always be feared because it's more political in terms of running a government than Christianity is. Christianity has political muscle in this country as do other religions. However - the general public (not political savvy) see how Islam is pretty much the government in some countries that do not share religious tolerance like we do and they become fearful.

I do not expect it to change really ... right now it is portrayed as racism and ignorance here. But when the Muslim population increases and they become more politically powerful you can bet the democrats/republicans through their media schills will try to beat them back.

We'll see - won't it be funny years from now when the major political players could be the Latin-Americans vs the Muslims. time will change things here - it will not always be the democrats vs republicans with their bases as they are now.

17. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Where is all this bashing of Christianity you claim was occurring in this thread?

18. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Is that really something inherent to the religion, though?

19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's in his head. Every now and then he has a "Viet Nam vet helicopter attack" moment, and he throws out some straw man. Even making things up about how wonderful Christianity has been since the 12th century sugar coats the heinous history of religion in the world. I was not aware that the genocide perpetrated on the natives of the Americas by Christians was completed by 1199 AD...were you? Wasn't Manifest Destiny being sold around then, too?

Anyways...comparing which religion is worse than any other one is like trying to decide which Michael Bolton song sucks the most.

20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

You don't have to read very far into the article to realize that not only is it biased, it's attempting to prey on people's ignorance and make much more out of relatively common things than really exists.

And the overwhelming majority adhere, at least in their worship rituals, to Shariah law — the strict Islamic legal code practiced in Saudi Arabia. The survey found, for example, that most American Muslim women are forced to pray separately from men and cover themselves with scarves and veils.

It's not just "Sharia law" which demands men and women pray separately and that the women cover their heads. So does Orthodox Judaism. Where's the horror?

The Amish do not worship with men and women sitting together. They, too, sit in separate sections of their meeting place. Amish women also cover their heads.

http://www.padutchcountry.com/towns-and-heritage/amish-country/amish-religious-traditions.asp

Many Orthodox synagogues even have separate enterances for men and women.

Brooklyn, NY. synagogue entrances

[​IMG]