Welcome to PatsFans.com

US strikes on al-Qa'ida chiefs kill nomads

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

More war crimes by our incompetent military leaders, following the leadership of our embarrassment of a President.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/africa/article2149716.ece

The herdsmen had gathered with their animals around large fires at night to ward off mosquitoes. But lit up by the flames, they became latest victims of America's war on terror.

It was their tragedy to be misidentified in a secret operation by special forces attempting to kill three top al-Qa'ida leaders in south-ern Somalia.

Oxfam yesterday confirmed at least 70 nomads in the Afmadow district near the border with Kenya had been killed. The nomads were bombed at night and during the day while searching for water sources. Meanwhile, the US ambassador to Kenya has acknowledged that the onslaught on Islamist fighters failed to kill any of the three prime targets wanted for their alleged role in the 1998 US embassy bombings in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam.

The wanted men are Fazul Abdullah Moham-med, Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan and Abu Taha al-Sudani, who were all supposedly sheltered by the Union of Islamic Courts during its short reign in Mogadishu.

The operation, which opened a new front in Washington's anti-terror campaign, seems to have backfired spectacularly in the five days since it was launched. In addition to the scores of Somali civilians killed, the simmering civil war in the failed state has been rekindled.
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Bush's team has failed yet again. What an embarrassment! Breeding more terrorists every day. What are the sons of these innocent victims going to want to be when they grow up? What a bunch of clowns!
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +500 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

So if we don't try to do anything we suck and if we try we also suck. Allrighty then, just so we know the rules.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The other day I tried to frame in a dormer on a roof, but I was holding the drawing upside down and accidently put the floor on top and the roof on the bottom. The customer smiled and said, "Nice try!".
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Wonder if the day will ever come when some country attacks us to protect their own security? I suppose none of us would agree with that attack, but you would probably be able to offer an objective defense of that country.
  6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Do you even know what a war crime is? Obviously not, you need intent, I guess our "incompetent" military leaders intended to kill thoses people.

Another shot at the military by a liberal or quasi-liberal, whats new and than when you call them on it they deny.

Would you fight or celebrate?
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Clinton Bombed The Chinese Embassy
    :singing: :singing: :rofl: :rocker:
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  8. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

US Military BAD!!!

More proof that liberals prefer to sit back and simply criticize someone else's decisions rather than make decisions of their own.
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

So accidentally killing 70 nomads is okay with you? You set very low standards for our military. I don't. I expect them to be excellent, but then again I expect government to be run at least as a good as a business. While you're willing to forgive the deaths of thousands of civilians, I have high standards. I hope your views are not representative of the standards of excellence in our military. Perhaps our military has declined in that regard under Bush. It certainly appears that way. We can't win anywhere, not even in Afghanistan.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Clinton Bombs:
    On August 20, 1998, President Clinton ordered the bombing of a factory in Khartoum, Sudan. The factory, the United States alleged, was making chemical weapons. Even more evil: it was linked to Osama bin Laden.

Of course, then the story unravelled. The factory was making aspirin, not weapons. And the US government quickly abandoned their claims that this dangerous aspirin-making was economically connected to Osama bin Laden. America, however, was undeterred. Coincidentally, the bombs fell just as Monica Lewinsky came before Ken Starr’s grand jury.

The Sudanese government reported that a month after the attack they received a message from the US promising more attacks in the future. It hasn’t happened yet, but when it does, let’s hope the bombs fall on a hospital producing WMD or a residential neighborhood linked to al Qaeda.
    http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/library/wonderful/sudan.php
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Clinton Bombs:
    They were dazed, bloodied and fighting back tears as they wondered what became of the people next door.

The couple, ages 64 and 77, were too frightened to give their names because they had fought the blaze themselves with a garden hose while the Serbian fire brigade concentrated on other buildings.

But as they led a foreign journalist through the ruins, they left no doubt as to whom they blamed.

``I will send the bill to Mr. Clinton,'' said the man, a retired professor. He gestured at the smoldering destruction that surrounded him. ``He has to pay for all of this. We are not soldiers. We are civilians.''

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1999/04/08/MN40813.DTL
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The US military is either incompetent or they are getting bad commands from the CIC. The plans and/or execution has been a total cluster f-ck for 4 years now. Those charged with planning and executing TWOT have their heads up their arses. This is no surprise. It's hard to fight and win a war with no goals and no enemy.
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

Then these people try to tell you they haven't been undermining the war, or been aiding an abedding the enemy.

At any rate, the Nomads plight reminds me of the begining of Team America World Police (a must see if you haven't yet). The GI Joe americans absolutely destroy Paris while killing 4 or 5 terrorists. Totally hilarious. When the terrorists are dead, the GI Joe's are all excited, and start yelling to the Parisians of how they are safe cuz "we saved you", and the Parisians are all teary eyed cuz they are looking at their destroyed city in ruins. When you start carpet bombing nomads, and say "oops, my bad", you really need to be held accountable. Sorry, but there is no way to justify such lunacy.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I love Team America. It's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

Wistah, one of the funniest for me too. Onbiously, you need to know politics & current events to understand the movie. Beyond that, you have to have a certain level of objectivity to find it funny. If you are far left, or far right, you won't find half of the scenes funny.