Welcome to PatsFans.com

US President Richard Nixon “closed the gold window”. Inflation unleashed.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by MrBigglesWorth, Oct 31, 2008.

1. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Financial Sense "August 15, 1971: Inflation Unleashed" by Nick Barisheff 05/11/2006

So with the above article. would it seem that with these bailouts and stimulus plan we are actually accelerating our demise and bringing about a gigantic collapse and the death of the dollar and the final bankruptcy of the country.

I don't see any way of keeping the country going without any actually production and positive trading of goods with foreign countries.

If we can just print money, print more, give it to people and no one will have to work.
  2. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

thank you george bush and reagan

I can tell my grandkids I lived through "the great con job"
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it is no coincidence that a true liberal/progressive has only held office for 4 of the past 40 years... and that man was too honest about energy to ever survive the re-writing of history...

yes, Nixon scrapped the Gold Standard, and the Fed printed up lots and lots of paper money... a practice he learned from earlier in the 20th Century... conservatives don't care... the great wealth transfer is all but complete... they have the money to ride out the storm... it is the poor and middles who will truly suffer...

when the tidal wave hits, it's the low-lying slums who will be swept away, while the rich elite who bilked thier fortunes by exploiting the system sit high and dry above it all in their suite...

it's really all quite disgusting...

would would Jesus think?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

the worst part is alot of the middle class think they aren't part of the crowd that will be swept away thus they ignore the looting of the rich of the nation's wealth