Welcome to PatsFans.com

Us MARINES videos

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by fleabassist1, Dec 22, 2007.

1. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

3. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

You would be surprised at how the Marines feel. My new roomate was a SpecOps marine for recon division, and most of my friends are former military. They generally feel (I'd say 95% of them) that the war is necessary... that we are making progress... and that we need to finish the job... and every single one of them would go back if they could (and some ARE going back).

Whether the war is justified or not is a mute point right now - we can't just up and leave.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 5 / -2

That first video was from 2004. A couple of things:

1) What brave MF'ing people.

2) Props to that camera man getting in there and filming up close and personal. He/she must have some serious cojonas.

3) Did you see that air strike? Ouch.

4) How the hell do they fight in an urban setting carrying all that gear. My bro was Airborne 501st, and he carried a 96 pound ruck I think, but he wasn't in urban combat. Those dudes must be in exceptional condition to carry all that while being shot at.

5) To think that Fallujah, where that first footage was shot, has little if any attacks on our troops. What a 180 over there this year. Hope it's sustainable.
  5. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

As you said it is your opinion as to what will happen by staying there.

Furthermore, your venturing to guess that for each marine or soldier that feels as the ones I know another believes the opposite and any that believes the opposite is telling the truth? How many soldiers have you talked to / how many come out and say that the war is lost... everything is all wrong... unjustified, etc? It may surprise you that MOST - I would venture to guess around 90% - of the armed forces personal believe that we must stay... at least, that's what the marines tell me.

But no, they are all liars.
  6. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well, as you said - that footage was taken in 2004.