Welcome to PatsFans.com

US 'loses' 190,000 weapons in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Aug 2, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

US 'loses' 190,000 weapons in Iraq

THE US Government cannot account for 190,000 weapons issued to Iraqi security forces in 2004 and 2005, says the Government Accountability Office.

According to its July 31 report, the military “cannot fully account for about 110,000 AK-47 assault rifles, 80,000 pistols, 135,000 items of body armour and 115,000 helmets reported as issued to Iraqi forces”.

The weapons disappeared from records between June 2004 and September 2005, as the military struggled to rebuild the disbanded Iraqi forces from scratch amid increasing attacks from Sunni insurgents and Shiite militias.

Since 2004 the military “has not consistently collected supporting records confirming the dates the equipment was received, the quantities of equipment delivered, or the Iraqi units receiving the items,” the report said.

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

They can't "recall" were they put them? Gee thats a new one. ;)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  3. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

lost haha, yeah and found some money

4. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +473 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

No they can't recall what they did with 2 billion dollors. Man thats alot of forgetfullnes. :confused:

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

"can't recall" starts from the top, and permeates all the way down...

6. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +473 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

Yes the "fish" definatly Rots from the HEAD. But don't forget Olie North,Iran contra hearings aug.1987 I have no recollection,and I don't recall.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

Is this related to the C-130 that was loaded with AK-47's that was all of a sudden missing about a year ago??.. there are so many stories like this, just think of all of these weapons in the hands of terrorists?? Reminds me of all the pallets of money that Bremer brought to Iraq, then that was missing.

Might want to read this, the righties will have a field day with the source, but it is what it is.. another story of the back door corruption in this country.

http://www.truthout.org/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/60/19746

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

war-enthusiast silence in threads like this is quite defeaning...

9. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +473 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

STOP talking so loud in here it hurts my ears.

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's because it doesn't piss them off. Rather, it is cause for celebration. This is to the war pigs what fertilizer is to a farmer.

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

As we await, the silence becomes louder and louder.. guess, due to the lack of comments, this must be an ok practice.

12. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

War hawk politicians and defense contractors meet for lunch:
    [​IMG]

13. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

While you guys are having your little exclusive bash the war enthusiasts tea party, I think I'll suggest that maybe it's like what PC always says to Harry. Something about another useless, nothing thread dying a quick death.

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Why, are you a war enthusiast? What unit are you in? How much combat have you seen overseas? Or are you just cheerleading these days?

15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ummm... well, if you believe that 190,000 lost weapons is a nothing issue, i suppose that explains everything... "nothing to see here"...

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 3 / -10

War Is Hell

17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,067 / 15 / -9

Don't know if anybody touched on this, but it's interesting that it's that difficult to track 190,000 missing American weapons, but that there are those on the right who are still screaming about missing receipts and the like, for that small minority of Iraqi weapons not found by arms inspectors -- specifically to preserve the premise that we "went in" on a valid premise.

Either arms are easy to track, or they are not. Flip it around; it works for the left as well.

It would seem that, regardless of the nefarious ways arms can be lost, there are also potentially, but not inherently, harmful ways to lose arms.

We can hardly claim that lost American arms are benign, and lost Iraqi arms are malignant.

PFnV

18. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't consider myself a war enthusiast. I was refering to the smartest man in the world's characterization of posters not engaginging in this thread. He likes to use that term so he can portray people of enjoying the idea of going to war. He is a nasty MF. Ayway anyone opposing his views have zero merit anyway so I don't why I should even bother.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

oh the indignation... :rolleyes: ... tell us, what the f^ck should we call you people? you get all untucked no matter what the term... Republican, Bush supporter, neocon, jingoist, and on and on and on... If you have a name that encompasses you 25%, please let us all know so that we don't offend you...

anyhow, my point was clear... increasingly it seems that there are topics and threads that WAR ENTHUSIASTS won't touch with a 10-foot pole... this is one of them...

as for your last personal insult... i guess it's different when you "nasty MFs" do it, huh?

20. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

If you are pro-choice does that make you an abortion enthusiast? Look we're not getting out of Iraq tomorrow. It will take time. we have to do it right, Does me not wanting a pullout immeadiatly make me a war enthusiast or a realist?

And I do think you're nasty. Your superior attitude and pet little names sting. You portray anyone conserative of having no compassion, intelligence or validity. Discent is patriotic if your progressive, but don't try and discent from you PC.

Personally i'm getting sick of the constant bombardment of the bad USA threads. It's not worth the time even weighing in. We have no valid points of view anyway. Soon this will be just another far left wing blog where eveyone can sit around and badmouth the USA all day long and everyone will agree with each other. I've actually enjoyed the debates with some of you on the left. You are a completetly different story. I'm glad football is starting. I'm going hang around the football side of the board from now on. It will be refreshing to talk with some people that don't just rant about diversity. They actually practice it.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007