PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Urban Meyer says Tim Tebow still hopes for a career in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Tebow's problems with his mechanics aren't due to a lack of practice or efforts to change them, they are due to his reverting to his lifetime form when he is in real game situations, and no amount of practice will cure that without real game experience. And if you are a fan of Tebow you better hope he decides to go to the CFL because he isn't getting a job in the NFL without it, and one more year in the booth and he is done.

And yes, if he refuses to go to the CFL or play in any other league then it is definitely a matter of entitlement if he is being honest about becoming a starting NFL QB as his real goal.

I agree that this is the best path forward for him, if he's serious about getting back to the NFL as a QB. However long it takes for him to become comfortable with effective throwing mechanics, he needs to spend that time. Following that, he'll need to get game experience in which his primary objective is to maintain that form. Once he demonstrates that he can play and be effective without reverting to the form that renders him unable to consistently hit relatively basic NFL throws, I could see someone taking a shot with him.

On a side note, I really don't get why people are all over Christiancat's case for not being a 'real' Pats fan. He's openly acknowledged that he's first and foremost a Tebow fan, but so what. There are all sorts of posters who are fans of other teams and players, and as long as they contribute to the discussion and are generally pleasant, we welcome them. Why should this case be any different?

32 teams will likely pass on Tebow. And I understand why when you look at some of his tape. It's not all pretty. And if you've played sports, there is someone you played who was bad on paper, but you had to watch out for when you played against them. But I think it's a mistake for some teams to pass on him. There are bottom barrel teams every year that seem to have qb's not getting results. In the least Tebow brings some energy and winning attitude. He does have some ability to improvise. He probably brings a "punch them in the face" attitude into the huddle. Which probably helps the run game. He probably brings a "we will do it" attitude during crunch time. Look at 3:49. I'm convinced there is more to Tebow than what you see on the field. It's also about the mojo a player can bring to the team. Some guys look pretty but fold every time, some guys don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY081VQqMY0

I agree with what you are saying, but Tebow killed himself because he was ego-maniacal. Here's a guy who comes in as the starter , plays average, but gets it done. Instead of being humble, he decides to make everything about little Timmy superstar with his stupid Tebowing. He would get interviewed and sounded like a buffoon. Rather than answering questions he just thanked his lord and savoir every two seconds. He didn't want to earn it the hard way and be a leader on and off the field. His selfishness caught up to him

Tebow's problems aren't with his "mechanics", they're with his BRAIN. He thinks slow as molasses in wintertime.

I agree with what you are saying, but Tebow killed himself because he was ego-maniacal. Here's a guy who comes in as the starter , plays average, but gets it done. Instead of being humble, he decides to make everything about little Timmy superstar with his stupid Tebowing. He would get interviewed and sounded like a buffoon. Rather than answering questions he just thanked his lord and savoir every two seconds. He didn't want to earn it the hard way and be a leader on and off the field. His selfishness caught up to him

Seriously ? Tebow selfish ? Oh, that's hilarious.

In the post game press conference after beating the Steelers, Tebow was asked about the game winning play. Mind you, this was the biggest moment of Tebow's NFL career.

Here was his reply:

“It’s a great call, first of all. It’s something we had ran earlier in the game. Just off some of our zone-read stuff, [Pittsburgh was] bringing the safeties, playing, like, a Blitz Zero look but not blitzing the [linebackers] inside. It was a great call by Coach [offensive coordinator Mike] McCoy. We wanted to try and get [WR Demaryius Thomas] in there, behind the safeties blitzing, and he did a great job getting off the corner and just waiting for the pass through the second window from the backer, and just tried to fit it in there, and he made a great catch and a great run after the catch, and the offensive line blocked phenomenal. It was also a great call. It’s a pretty good fake, and [RB] Willis [McGahee] really sold it, and the [offensive] line really sold it, so [Pittsburgh] couldn’t really get a lot of pressure, and [Thomas] made a heck of a play.”.

Let's look at it in list form:

1. “It’s a great call, first of all.
  2. It was a great call by Coach [offensive coordinator Mike] McCoy.
  3. and he did a great job getting off the corner and just waiting for the pass through the second window from the backer,
  4. just tried to fit it in there,
    [*]he made a great catch and a great run after the catch,
    [*]and the offensive line blocked phenomenal
    [*]It was also a great call.
    [*]It’s a pretty good fake, and [RB] Willis [McGahee] really sold it,
    [*]the [offensive] line really sold it,
    [*]and [Thomas] made a heck of a play.”

Again, in response to being asked about his greatest NFL moment, he replied and gave 10 compliments. Of those 10, at most, 1 and 1/2 of them were about his role in the play. "I just tried to fit it in there" and "It's a pretty good fake".

9 of the statements were complimentary of, and giving credit to, the coaching staff and teammates.

Yeah, I can see the selfishness there. With Tebow, it's ego and all about him.

/sarcasm.

:mad:OK another friggin Tebow thread that desloves into mud slinging, name calling, and just utter stupidity that results in a mailbox full of complaints.

Closing the thread and will move any thread from this point on with Tebow contained in it to somewhere, I don't know where but it will be moved and closed.:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye