PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Urban Meyer says Tim Tebow still hopes for a career in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too still hope for a career in the NFL. In fact I had a dream about it the other night. Now granted, I've got a xanax prescription, and that makes you have funky dreams. But I still would like some weird magical thing to happen where I wake up 28 years younger, in outstanding physical condition, about the same weight with no body fat, and maybe 6 inches taller.

This is slightly less likely to happen than an NFL career for Tim Tebow at this point.

That said, when I get all wise-ass like this, the player I am getting wise-ass about typically improves by leaps and bounds shortly thereafter.

So you're welcome, Tim.

This post makes me smile as I am reminded that the big news stories from last off season were.....

Hernandez Imprisoned on Murder Charges
Pats sign Tim Tebow
Welker signs with Donkeys, Pats sign Amendola

I already like this offseason.......

Revis, Browner, LaFell and Edelman Sign with Pats
Wilfork Restructures

This offseason is already insanely better than last year.

So what that 32 teams don't agree ?

Seriously dude, do you even think this **** through before you spout it on the board?

So he doesn't have a job, that's what. Tim Tebow is out of football with very little to no chance of ever starting an NFL game again, so the person who doesn't think when they post is you. The bottom line is that you are a seriously deluded Tebow fan who has been on this site spouting complete and utter nonsense from the day you started posting here, and in all honestly i really hope Tebow gets signed by someone just so that you take a hike and go bother some other fan base with your idiotic hero worship.

You honestly believe your opinion on Tebow is more important than that of 32 NFL front offices and then act as if everyone else is being delusional. Seriously champ, seek professional help because you clearly need it.

So what that 32 teams don't agree ? Billy Beane showed that EVERY single team in baseball and the hundreds or thousands of "experts" had been looking at players the wrong way and had been doing so for 50+ years.

?

Remind us, how many World Championships Billy Beane has won?

Nevermind, the answer is 0.

Billy Beane really showed em'.

Great analogy, like everything else you say it makes no sense whatsoever.

And hopefully you will note that Manning went from 48.2% his first year of starting to 63.9% in his SEVENTH year as a starter, which is an increase of 15.2 pts over the years.

Take Tebow's 46.5% and give it a 15.2 pt bump and that would put him at 62.2%. I doubt that he would improve 15 pts, but 10 or 11 pts wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility, and that would put him at around 58% give or take.

Point is, it's silly to look at Tebow's 46.5% comp % over his first 14 starts in the NFL and conclude that this proves he isn't an NFL QB.

As noted, Eli Manning is now at 63+% and has won 2 freaking SBs, even though he had a 48.2% comp % in his first season taking over as the starter.

BTW, since you brought Yards per Attempt into it, in Eli's first year, his Y/A was 5.3. Tebow's was 6.3.

Look, I didn't get into this discussion to rehash the entire Tebow debate. Rather, I took issue with a couple of comments that were made. Don't remember all of them at this second, by the most notable ones had to do with him having not gone to the CFL.

IF you want to go through the whole debate, that's fine, I'm game. I'll happily point out that Tebow's stats through his first 14 starts were comparable to Eli's stats though his first 14 starts.

Does that mean that Tebow definitely would follow the same path and develop into a very good QB ? Nope. But what it does show is that it is POSSIBLE. It also shows that it's silly to look at those stats from his first 14 games and conclude that he will never be an NFL QB.

The absolute MOST IMPORTANT thing that Tebow has to do at this time is fix his mechanics and be consistent with them. Best way to do that wasn't to sign up with the CFL, rather, it was to go work INTENSIVELY with someone like Tom House. Not a week, or two, or three, but months and months and months of work.

Will it pay off ? Who knows. It might or it might not.

Can you tell me where to find the Official Tim Tebow Excuse Generator? You are really putting it to terrific use.

Denver did better with Tebow.

For lots of reasons. Tebow wasn't the only one.

Wins always was, are, and always will be a team stat. Not a QB stat.

This post makes me smile as I am reminded that the big news stories from last off season were.....

Hernandez Imprisoned on Murder Charges
Pats sign Tim Tebow
Welker signs with Donkeys, Pats sign Amendola

I already like this offseason.......

Revis, Browner, LaFell and Edelman Sign with Pats
Wilfork Restructures

This offseason is already insanely better than last year.

Yep, it has been an outstanding offseason so far. They still have some needs but they are going to be a better team next season on both sides of the ball. They have plenty of cap space to get depth at the positions they need and add some significant talent through the draft. I think they can add depth at LB and on the OL in the remaining free agency but they are going to have to address TE and a pass rushing DE in the draft as they really aren't available in free agency. Hopefully they can address at least 3-4 in the draft, we'll see?

Imo Belichick really is doing an incredible job of putting together a team that is going to give them a great shot at winning a Super Bowl's for the rest of Brady's career. They can still add more pieces to it but they aren't far from having an exceptional team.

For lots of reasons. Tebow wasn't the only one.

Wins always was, are, and always will be a team stat. Not a QB stat.

True, Tebow was not alone. The whole team pulled together and stepped up for those come from behind wins. Tebow was the spark that ignited things. Tebow was good for that team.

If Belichick was going up against teams with 5x his payroll year after year, he would probably have zero Super Bowls.

As a separate issue, there's no way in hell that Tim Tebow is an NFL quarterback. To become one, he would have to relearn how to throw a football. I could maybe buy that that might happen when he was 21-23, but with each passing year it becomes clearer that it isn't going to happen. Even if he could get there by putting in enough time, I don't believe that he will. If he was going to do that, he would already be doing that instead of negotiating with Russian football teams and signing with ESPN.

And hopefully you will note that Manning went from 48.2% his first year of starting to 63.9% in his SEVENTH year as a starter, which is an increase of 15.2 pts over the years.

Take Tebow's 46.5% and give it a 15.2 pt bump and that would put him at 62.2%. I doubt that he would improve 15 pts, but 10 or 11 pts wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility, and that would put him at around 58% give or take.

Point is, it's silly to look at Tebow's 46.5% comp % over his first 14 starts in the NFL and conclude that this proves he isn't an NFL QB.

As noted, Eli Manning is now at 63+% and has won 2 freaking SBs, even though he had a 48.2% comp % in his first season taking over as the starter.

BTW, since you brought Yards per Attempt into it, in Eli's first year, his Y/A was 5.3. Tebow's was 6.3.

Look, I didn't get into this discussion to rehash the entire Tebow debate. Rather, I took issue with a couple of comments that were made. Don't remember all of them at this second, by the most notable ones had to do with him having not gone to the CFL.

IF you want to go through the whole debate, that's fine, I'm game. I'll happily point out that Tebow's stats through his first 14 starts were comparable to Eli's stats though his first 14 starts.

Does that mean that Tebow definitely would follow the same path and develop into a very good QB ? Nope. But what it does show is that it is POSSIBLE. It also shows that it's silly to look at those stats from his first 14 games and conclude that he will never be an NFL QB.

The absolute MOST IMPORTANT thing that Tebow has to do at this time is fix his mechanics and be consistent with them. Best way to do that wasn't to sign up with the CFL, rather, it was to go work INTENSIVELY with someone like Tom House. Not a week, or two, or three, but months and months and months of work.

Will it pay off ? Who knows. It might or it might not.

Eli-Manning-as-a-comparable is the last stand in a QB's defense, pretty much summed up as "well maybe he won't always suck". It's exactly where Jets fans were with Sanchez a few years ago.

So he doesn't have a job, that's what. Tim Tebow is out of football with very little to no chance of ever starting an NFL game again, so the person who doesn't think when they post is you. The bottom line is that you are a seriously deluded Tebow fan who has been on this site spouting complete and utter nonsense from the day you started posting here, and in all honestly i really hope Tebow gets signed by someone just so that you take a hike and go bother some other fan base with your idiotic hero worship.

You honestly believe your opinion on Tebow is more important than that of 32 NFL front offices and then act as if everyone else is being delusional. Seriously champ, seek professional help because you clearly need it.

What I believe is that it's entirely possible for 32 GMs and coaching staffs to be wrong about something. Does the name Tom Brady ring a bell to you ? EVERY team in the NFL passed on Brady MULTIPLE times before the Pats finally took him in the 6th round.

What does that demonstrate ? That NFL GM's and coaching staff's aren't infallible. That they can make mistakes. That the way they evaluate players might actually be wrong.

Unlike you apparently, I think for myself. I don't worry about what 32 freaking GMs believe.

As for spouting "complete and utter nonsense", that's ALL you have been doing in this discussion.

Not this crap again. It really needs a template:

Tebow wins. We don't know why.
He showed he could win at the NFL level. We don't understand how.
He outplayed supposedly "better" QBs on the way to those wins. We are all astounded.
All credit normally given to players who find ways to pull wins out of their asses is taken away from Tebow, for no reason other than that he's Tim Tebow.
The stupidity of the anti-Tebow faction's posting continues to impress.

Rinse.
Repeat.

Billy didn't win one. But Theo Epstein brought two Championships to the Boston Red Sox, ending the "curse of the Bambino".

Got anything else Ivan ?

Tell that to teams that have ****ty QBs.

What for? Anyone informed in the sport already knows that wins and losses are a team stat, not a QB stat.

Eli-Manning-as-a-comparable is the last stand in a QB's defense, pretty much summed up as "well maybe he won't always suck". It's exactly where Jets fans were with Sanchez a few years ago.

The defense has a shelf life. QBs are usually given time to figure things out, to get up to speed in an NFL offense. That said, the time frame isn't unlimited. What coaches generally look for is progress. Sanchez's numbers weren't great his first 2 years, but they weren't too bad for a young starter. His problem was that he apparently hit his ceiling and didn't progress. whereas Eli did get better for the most part.

Billy didn't win one. But Theo Epstein brought two Championships to the Boston Red Sox, ending the "curse of the Bambino".

Got anything else Ivan ?

Oh, I thought Moneyball was getting the most out of a low budget team through new metrics, Theo Epstein spent more money than anyone not named Steinbrenner during his run in Boston.

Another great example, good job champ.

What I believe is that it's entirely possible for 32 GMs and coaching staffs to be wrong about something. Does the name Tom Brady ring a bell to you ? EVERY team in the NFL passed on Brady MULTIPLE times before the Pats finally took him in the 6th round.

What does that demonstrate ? That NFL GM's and coaching staff's aren't infallible. That they can make mistakes. That the way they evaluate players might actually be wrong.

Unlike you apparently, I think for myself. I don't worry about what 32 freaking GMs believe.

Unlike you I realize that if i think that a player should be in the NFL but every team doesn't want them then that's what really matters, because i won't be signing them. You on the other hand should sign Tebow immediately because you are his best shot.

The defense has a shelf life. QBs are usually given time to figure things out, to get up to speed in an NFL offense. That said, the time frame isn't unlimited. What coaches generally look for is progress. Sanchez's numbers weren't great his first 2 years, but they weren't too bad for a young starter. His problem was that he apparently hit his ceiling and didn't progress. whereas Eli did get better for the most part.

Don't go revisionist history on us. Sanchez sucked from the start. The difference was that his team overcame that in years one and two, but got too old and broken to keep it up after that. There's only so long you can carry dead weight. The same thing might, or might not, have happened with Tebow. We'll never know, though, because of the fivehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes