PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Urban Meyer on football - Good Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Florida Gators coach Urban Meyer opens up about his spread offense. - OrlandoSentinel.com
Q&A: Florida Gators coach Urban Meyer opens up about his spread offense
By Chris Harry
Sentinel Staff Writer
11:14 PM EDT, June 24, 2009

Highlights from Sentinel staff writer Chris Harry's Q&A with Florida Gators football coach Urban Meyer

HARRY: You hear a lot in the offseason about coaches going to visit different schools and exchanging ideas with other coaches for the sake of the program and professional development. How's that work here?

-----

HARRY: Give me an example of something Bill Belichick could share with you.

Has anyone checked whether Meyer has a PatsFans username? Jeez, and I thought some of us had a man-crush on BB.

And then there's Bill Belichick. Our whole program is based on what we learned from him; the core of the team has to be strong."

Damn, how's that for praise? I also liked this one right after it:

HARRY: When was the last time you saw a play or a formation where you went, "Wow! I've never seen that before."

MEYER: "Forty-five minutes ago. I've been watching Oklahoma tape all morning."

Makes sense that he and Belichick are good friends. Sounds like they're wired very similarly.

Thanks very much -- a very good read.

Makes sense that he and Belichick are good friends. Sounds like they're wired very similarly.

Except that the circuit from brain to tongue doesn't carry so much traffic in BB's case! ;)

Thanks very much -- a very good read.

Except that the circuit from brain to tongue doesn't carry so much traffic in BB's case! ;)

I think people often forget how engaging BB can be when the topic is just football. Even the media comments how good he is every year when he does his chalk board talk with the local media. Its when they ask those inane questions about how players are playing, who will start, why did you run that play, etc that he falls back into Bellichickisms that reveal nothing more than blankness. He's never going to throw a player under the bus. He is never going to reveal anything that even would remotely offer an opponent an insight on the Pats. They all know that, but at this point they only ask those kinds of questions so they can get the expected response, which justifies (in their minds) any negativity they can drum up. (see ESPN) ;)

Last edited:
I think people often forget how engaging BB can be when the topic is just football. Even the media comments how good he is every year when he does his chalk board talk with the local media. Its when they ask those inane questions about how players are playing, who will start, why did you run that play, etc that he falls back into Bellichickisms that reveal nothing more than blankness. He's never going to throw a player under the bus. He is never going to reveal anything that even would remotely offer an opponent an insight on the Pats. They all know that, but at this point they only ask those kinds of questions so they can get the expected response, which justifies (in their minds) any negativity they can drum up. (see ESPN) ;)

Yes, well, all true, but ...

Can you see BB sketching plays for a journalist and then saying: "I'm kind of giving you all we do here..."?

:eek:

They all know that, but at this point they only ask those kinds of questions so they can get the expected response, which justifies (in their minds) any negativity they can drum up. (see ESPN)

I think you are crediting some of these morons with too much intelligence.

Even after almost 10 years some of them still don't get it and it takes too much work for them to actually think about football to come up with a real question. They figure I ask this paparazzi-fluff question at 31 other ball parks I will ask it here. Then they get all in a huff when they get dissed.

They always then blame BB and never look themselves in the mirror for being lazy journalists.

And hell we don't want the boss to find out you suck and he is wasting travel money sending you to foxboro; ..... so just edit out the video where he talks to intelligent reporters and only show the parts where BB looks like a silent troll.

I was actually chatting with a good friend last night and he asked me the dreadful question if BB were to retire/move on, who would you want to see replace him.

After taking time to compose myself and relax after the shock and horrific realization that it will happen some day I started to think and the only man that came to mind was Urban Meyer. That article only confirms what I've always thought and its that Meyer is just as hardworking as BB and just as modest too. I really like the guy and like his approch to football.

Good read, how far are we away from TC.. 3 weeks??? This stuff just makes me salivate for more..

What cretin rated this as one star?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing