PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Urban Meyer in Pats T-shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact BB would talk to a successful college coach and see if there is anything he could learn and use is just another example of what separates him from typical NFL coaches. While many others would look down there noses, thinking 'they don't know anything I don't already know', BB is much more open minded, always looking for something new to learn. Other examples would be seeking out Jerry West to get his views on how to build a winning team within the constraints of the salary cap, or reading the study by a college professor about going for it on 4th down rather than punting.

Yeah, Coach B is definitely a different breed. I admire his knowledge as well as his willingness to seek new knowledge.

Outside of this Meyer talk,I could definately see Tebow very high up on BBs draft list next season,I would bet he knows quite a bit about the young man by not only football skill but probably personal as well

It will be getting just another year closer in 2010 to preparing for the QB of the future,Who knows if Tebow may be in waiting like Cassel was for those several years as clipboard holder?

I am not that high up on O'Connell but Tebow already looks like a top NFL QB prospect

Last edited:
Outside of this Meyer talk,I could definately see Tebow very high up on BBs draft list next season,I would bet he knows quite a bit about the young man by not only football skill but probably personal as well

It will be getting just another year closer in 2010 to preparing for the QB of the future,Who knows if Tebow may be in waiting like Cassel was for those several years as clipboard holder?

I am not that high up on O'Connell but Tebow already looks like a top NFL QB prospect

:wha: :mad:

Last edited:

In all seriousness, how can you be high or low on O'Connell at this point. How much have we really seen of this guy? The word on him was that he had the potential to be a star in this league, but he needed to work on his mechanics and fundamentals. We haven't really seen the guy other than what he did in the preseason. Who knows how far he has come along.

Look how far Cassel came along in such a short period of time under Belichick and McDaniels. Maybe O'Connell has made similiar or more radical progression.

Heck, if you looked at Brady his rookie season, you would wonder how he could even stand up with his helmet and shoulder pads on. Look how fast he progressed.

O'Connell could end up being Rohan Davey 2.0, but he might end up being the heir apparent of Brady too. Far too early to tell in my book. I personally (along with many others) felt that Cassel wasn't going to make the final 53 man roster forget leading the Patriots to 11 wins and netting them a high second round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing