PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Urban Meyer in Pats T-shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
I hesitated to post this, thinking it was too trivial to be worth a thread, but then I looked at some of the other stuff on here... :D

Anyway, did anyone else see the EPSN piece on Urban Meyer and Tim Tebow - Meyer was wearing a Patriots T-shirt in a lot of the shots - nice! I know he and BB have a good relationship (friendship?) but to see the guy actually wearing our logo still made me feel all warm and fuzzy!

I attend UF and BB is here every offseason scouting players, so it seems to make absolute sense. He was even in the booth for the National Championship game in Miami. If you watch some of the defensive schemes of the Gators, you'll find that you're actually familiar with quite a bit.

Last edited:
Figured I would rate this a five star before the 1 start bandit struck!

Does anyone have a picture of this? I would love to see this.

They were showing what looked liked pics of Urban on one of Tim's mission trips, and he was rocking a white tee with the written logo across it.

Winners like to flock with other winners.

Well, Meyer is an unofficial unpaid consultant of the Patriots. Much of Meyer's spread offense has been incorporated into the Patriots' offense in recent years. In fact, it is Meyers who influenced Brady being in the shotgun so much.

Well, Meyer is an unofficial unpaid consultant of the Patriots. Much of Meyer's spread offense has been incorporated into the Patriots' offense in recent years. In fact, it is Meyers who influenced Brady being in the shotgun so much.
Actually, I believe it was Brady who influenced Brady being in the shotgun so much.

Actually, I believe it was Brady who influenced Brady being in the shotgun so much.

Brady loves the shotgun and lobbied for it more even when Weis was here (who publically denied his request). It wasn't until Belichick and McDaniels went down to Florida and picked Meyer's brain that they used it as extensively as they have in the last two years. Meyer's spread offense uses the shotgun almost as a base offense where they run both running and passing plays out it.

I have no problem with UF or Meyer, but I'm not believing he influenced TFB in any way.

I have no problem with UF or Meyer, but I'm not believing he influenced TFB in any way.

He hasn't influenced Brady directly, but he has influenced the Pats' offensive system. Brady has always loved the shotgun. He feels that it allows him to survey the defense better. Meyer's influence on the offense just allowed Belichick and McDaniels to accomodate Brady in that way.

He hasn't influenced Brady directly, but he has influenced the Pats' offensive system. Brady has always loved the shotgun. He feels that it allows him to survey the defense better. Meyer's influence on the offense just allowed Belichick and McDaniels to accomodate Brady in that way.

I see where you are coming from - and I agree that Bill does study is College friends game plans very very carefully.

I think the fact BB would talk to a successful college coach and see if there is anything he could learn and use is just another example of what separates him from typical NFL coaches. While many others would look down there noses, thinking 'they don't know anything I don't already know', BB is much more open minded, always looking for something new to learn. Other examples would be seeking out Jerry West to get his views on how to build a winning team within the constraints of the salary cap, or reading the study by a college professor about going for it on 4th down rather than punting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes