Upgraded Feature: Offensive Situational Totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I upgraded this page tonight while conducting an audit of some numbers because I really wanted this page to be accurate in order to track situational totals properly for use in breakdowns, etc.

After a thorough review where I changed the formula to match how the league does it (I had initially eliminated kneel downs - which affected the totals), I've compared the numbers against the league splits (total plays and first down totals) and everything finally matches exactly so I thought I'd post it here:

2012 Patriots Number of 1st Down, 2nd Down, 3rd Down,4th Down and Total Number of Plays

On this page you can see how they've fared on each down along with the distance in terms of how many first down conversions they've had, etc. These totals include plays that were converted not via penalty (there are a total of 18 plays where a 1st down was converted via penalty for New England) So feel free to check it out and let me know what you think. :)

Last edited:
Just bumping this because I also added that same chart to the bottom of each game page. So you can view their situational totals in terms of how many times they were in 3rd and long, etc. per game. Again, check it out and let me know your thoughts. I went through each game to verify the totals matched, and so far, so good, so hopefully some of you find it useful.

I was looking at this earlier and noticed the Pats seem to be just as likely (if not more so in some cases) to convert from a certain distance on 2nd down as on 3rd down - e.g. 2nd & 2 (58%) versus 3rd & 2 (43%)

Lots of interesting info in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes