PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Upgraded Feature: Defensive Situational Totals (UPDATE: And other pages)

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I posted earlier about adding offensive situational stats, and I just finished the defensive one:

2012 Patriots Defensive Stats, Breaking Down The Patriots Performances on 1st Down, 2nd Down, 3rd Down,4th Down and Total Number of Plays

I have a couple of other interesting ones on the way, hopefully they'll be done tonight. But I've gone through and audited every game and all the totals match on this one - although keep in mind for those checking up that these don't include first downs awarded by penalty, which even the official splits don't seem to include from the research I did. So apparently the ones earned directly by the players are the ones they go by.

Last edited:
Re: Upgraded Feature: Defensive Situational Totals

3rd and 6 to 3rd and 10 = 51% conversions. That's something I don't like to see..

Thanks for doing this!

3rd and 6 to 3rd and 10 = 51% conversions. That's something I don't like to see..

Thanks for doing this!

Thanks, it's nice having some of this information a little more readily available without having to dig for it, so hopefully some of you continue to find it useful.

Here's another page added:

2012 Patriots Defensive Play Broken Down by Distance Allowed

This shows you the number of plays allowed by distance. It was interesting to see the passing plays are kind of all over the place - which unfortunately isn't a good thing. But save for the early big play against them on Sunday, the overall line is definitely a little more encouraging.

Last edited:

So the two longest runs the Pats gave up this season came in basically garbage time of the Rams game.

And the one after those two was that direct snap that Patrick Peterson ran

So the longest meaningful run the Pats have given up to a RB was a 15 yard run by Ray Rice

Another bump for anyone who didn't notice this. There's also a collection of other tools in there that some of you may not have noticed for anyone who hasn't ever been to this section :cool:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/stats/2012/

Last edited:
Great stats, love it.

One thing that stands out is fourth down defense. Defense is has stopped the offense ONLY 2 in 6 attempts and we all remember that one of those attempts was only due to a dropped Willish McGahee (wide open). Rob Ninkovich accounts for the Pats lone real stop with a sack against the Rams.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back