Upgrade Complete 11:45pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I started the upgrade early this evening in hopes of getting it done quickly, but ran into a snag that took a while to resolve. Everything should be working properly now, but please feel free to report any issues should they come up.

Ian

Looks good to me, don't be so hard on yourself it was only a couple of hours :)

Ian said:
please feel free to report any issues should they come up.
Just noticed that the search button doesn't seem to work - I tried with Explorer and Firefox. The other buttons up there seem fine.

BelichickFan said:
Just noticed that the search button doesn't seem to work - I tried with Explorer and Firefox. The other buttons up there seem fine.

A search for "BB" shows up nothing.

Right now there's 74 currently active users browsing the forums, but only 6 members logged in compared to 68 guests. :help:

An interesting twist I just discovered - if you're on the main message board, hitting the Search button does nothing - but if you're reading a thread then the Search button works.

BelichickFan said:
An interesting twist I just discovered - if you're on the main message board, hitting the Search button does nothing - but if you're reading a thread then the Search button works.

It and the Quick Links options work now.

Thumbs up for the new Edit feature.

Last edited:
Search for Brady scoring and I got automatically sent to the Parking Lot???

Apparently there were some CSS and Javascript updates. I had to revert some of the templates and re-edit them. It looks like they're working now.

Ian

Ian said:
I started the upgrade early this evening in hopes of getting it done quickly, but ran into a snag that took a while to resolve. Everything should be working properly now, but please feel free to report any issues should they come up.

Ian
Test .......

Edit: Okay, Quick Reply isn't working for me. Attempts to post a response on an NLFE thread are taking me to a login screen and my response is sent into the ether.

Edit2: Quick reply still isn't working, but I got the post on the NFLE thread to work by keeping it short.

Last edited:
Quick reply test

Longer reply by entering a longer message testing the quick reply tool.

Ian

No isssues there....strange.

I can tell all of you that you may need to log out and then log back in as I had some issues with many of the features not immediately working following the upgrade.

Let me know if this works or if there are any other issues.

Ian

F.B.N. said:
Search for Brady scoring and I got automatically sent to the Parking Lot???
As it should... is there any other place you'd rather score in than the Parking Lot? I think not. ;)

Ian said:
No isssues there....strange.

I can tell all of you that you may need to log out and then log back in as I had some issues with many of the features not immediately working following the upgrade.

Let me know if this works or if there are any other issues.

Ian
Dunno, I've logged out and back in without getting the quick reply to work, I even closed and re-opened the browser with no improvement. I'll play with it off and on and keep you posted.

As for long replies, I had several paragraphs with multiple edits, we'll see how that works next time I want to babble on.

Firefox quick reply test

Ian

Firefox longer reply by entering a longer message testing the quick reply tool.

Ian

Odd. That worked also. Don't know Box.

Anyone else having an issue with this?

Ian

Quick Reply isn't working for me either. In fact, I can't even click on the icons to activate it.

I wonder if there is a conflict between the quick reply extension inside firefox and the updates?

Ian said:
Odd. That worked also. Don't know Box.

Anyone else having an issue with this?

Ian
Add smilies to my frustration, I can type them in, but can't click in them. Ditto for the message tools. I don't even get a cursor change on these two, I do get a cursor change over the quick reply icon even if it doesn't love me.

I'm using Apple Safari if that means anything. I'm hanging it up for the night. Later.

Ian said:
Firefox quick reply test

Ian
Ian....

I'm on FireFox and things seem OK except for the Political Forum.

for some reason, a post I tried to make there only seems to recognise whatever characters I'm typing with my left hand only (NO, my right hand is typing too, NOT doing,... well, you know)

does this make me a Liberal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey