UPDATED: WR Mason Responds to His Exchange with Belichick on 'A Football Life'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
UPDATED: WR Mason Responds to His Exchange with Belichick on 'A Football Life'
By: Ian Logue

For anyone who caught last night's documentary on Patriots head coach Bill Belichick's "A Football Life", you probably enjoyed the exchange between Belichick and then Ravens receiver Derrick Mason during their 2009 meeting in Foxboro....

Can't believe he's a "college graduate" nearing 40.

If I were him, I would play the account hacked card, but time is just running out already.

What a stinkin' rat, trash-talking an opposing coach, claiming disrespect (when it was he who shelled out the disrespect), and THEN pulling the race card years later, when the evidence is that he was laughing it off at the time.

What a despicable human being.

He deserves to be a Jet.

Just another a-hole for the jets

I used to like Mason; however, he's said some things about BB and the Pats that have completely turned me cold to him. He's garbage now anyway.

He's been hypocritical, he was clearly laughing and talking smack too bb; who cares if bb is a ba and just took his trash talking skills one step future and then embarrassed him and reminded him of the fact he was losing.

Can somebody who's going to be at the Jets-@-Pats game please make a sign that says "Mason, Can you look at the scoreboard?" and hold it up after we have a lead? Thanks.

He might as well have said boy? :confused:

Improper use of the race card dude. He might as well have said douche-bag, cause that's exactly what you were being. "you have too much respect for the game to respond"? Say Whaaa ?

Oh, I get it......... you have too much respect for the game to comment on this, yet you openly talk sh!t to a coach that will go down as a legand in this game when no one will even remember you even played the game 5 years after your done.

Stay classy Mason, stay classy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mason is a perfect fit for the Jets. Just perfect.

Bill has three rings with the Pats alone, two more as DC with the Giants. The only ring Mason has is his wedding ring.

Bill has three rings with the Pats alone, two more as DC with the Giants. The only ring Mason has is his wedding ring.

Don't forget the suffeRING he's gonna get Oct 9!:singing: BTW who the hell is Mason anyway?

heh, heh. Looks like we got some of our own locker room stuff for the game people. We should really give it to him like we did to Man-gina. Then again, I don't want him to gain attention. Just another RAT-JET :eek: " Hey Mason, look at the scoreboard". lol. Mason be chasin.... :D

To be honest I thought BB was goofing with the guy when I watched it. Sounded more like smack talk more than anything. I don't think Mason has given that game a second thought up until now. I'm assuming Mason feels disrespected and a little embarrassed since the scene was aired publicaly. Don't agree with the way Mason repsonded and don't agree with the way NFL films laid it out there either.

What a stinkin' rat, trash-talking an opposing coach, claiming disrespect (when it was he who shelled out the disrespect), and THEN pulling the race card years later, when the evidence is that he was laughing it off at the time.

What a despicable human being.

He deserves to be a Jet.

It's very fitting that a POS Raven goes on to be a POS Jet. Looking forward to that washed up bum getting laid out in our next game.

Can somebody who's going to be at the Jets-@-Pats game please make a sign that says "Mason, Can you look at the scoreboard?" and hold it up after we have a lead? Thanks.

... will have to be in the 1st quarter then not the 4th quarter ;) ...

l_j_r

I'm going, but in section 304, probably too high to read a sign from the field.

Can't wait though!! :rocker:

He might as well have said boy? :confused:

Improper use of the race card dude. He might as well have said douche-bag, cause that's exactly what you were being. "you have too much respect for the game to respond"? Say Whaaa ?

Oh, I get it......... you have too much respect for the game to comment on this, yet you openly talk sh!t to a coach that will go down as a legand in this game when no one will even remember you even played the game 5 years after your done.

Stay classy Mason, stay classy. :rolleyes:

"Boy". How does he draw that conclusion? How many players currently on the Pats, or around the league would agree with that assessment. I guarantee that a lot of players watched that episode and also saw Mason's tweet. BB will be asked about it by the media and he will be diplomatic as always. Mason, will be asked about it (prob. before the Jets/pats game) and will have the opportunity to backpedal. My guess is that not too many players will form a line behind Mason, and the ones who do will most likely be dressed in green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes