PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update on the contracts for the 2 new UDFA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I predict the next post will be about minimum contracts!

Last edited:
Poland still has one year left in his military committment. I'm curious how that factors into the equation...

Cheers BOR. Nice yearly pay packet for someone coming in as a UDFA.

Poland still has one year left in his military committment. I'm curious how that factors into the equation...

Isn't there a waiver/list that military committed players can go on? I seem to remember Miami doing something along these lines last year.

Isn't there a waiver/list that military committed players can go on? I seem to remember Miami doing something along these lines last year.

There is a RESERVE/MILITARY list that players can be moved to. However, that precludes them from the roster.

The military is willing to give the person a waiver to defer his last year of military committment, but he has to at least make the practice squad. Also, he could do his military service at a recruiting station. Eckel was going to be assigned to a base near the Pats had he not been claimed by the Phins and placed on the Reserve/ Military list. I am sure that they could get the kid assigned to Hanscom if he made the practice squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back