Welcome to PatsFans.com

Update on my status

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by NovaScotiaPatsFan, Jun 22, 2006.

1. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Since it was asked I figured I'd post and let everyone know what's been happenin.

First, we're still in our summer home, which is really starting to get to me cuz I hate living in the boonies. My city has like 350,000 people in it, here there are 1200 just to show you the difference I'm facing. They keep pushing back our "come home" date, first it was the end of June, then the end of July, now it stands as the middle of August. Frankly I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get home.

Second they tore down our house, that was tough. I just drove up the street and there was this big hole in the ground where my house, which as many of you know I've lived in my entire life until March 14th, used to be. I just stood there at the mouth of it staring in to that hole in the ground, unable to believe that was all that was left of the place I had grown up in. My house was a good home to us, and it didn't deserve to be torn down and sent off to rot in some landfill somewhere, but that's where it is now. And I know it doesn't sounds "manly" or anything but I still choke up a bit when I think about it.

Thirdly money is starting to get tight, we have enough to live on from my Father's pension but since his stroke it seems like his intelligence level just keeps going down and down. He keeps keeping more money for himself and not giving my brother, who is the good money manager in our family, as much as he says he will.

Finally I'm starting to feel the pyscological effects of it. It's hard for me to come out and say stuff like this because I've always been a "bury my feelings" type of a guy, but it's tough. I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have are down home too far away for me to reach since we don't have any money for gas, and even if we did it's still way too f'in high priced. My dad drives my brother and I nuts, the dog is annoying even my cat is starting to get annoying cuz we can't let him outside up here.

And it just seems like we have horrible luck, the starter went on my van, so we got a new one it lasted just over the 30 days where we could return it and the new one went. At the time it was in the pharmacy parking lot so I asked the woman (B***h more like it) behind the counter if it was ok if we left it there and she said sure! So we had to spend $50 we couldn't afford to get a new starter. Then I go back down to get it and it's gone, turned out the B***h had had it towed the day after we left it there So that cost us $150 we couldn't afford. When my dad called and asked her she said "oh well it was blocking the service door" I felt like saying WELL WHY THE F**K DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT WHEN I WAS THERE? I COULDA PUSHED IT OUT OF THE WAY! Most of the people up here are ignorant, they're always staring at my brother and I. Just bad luck as if we didn't already have enough.

Anyway, thanks for all your kind wishes. It really does make things more bearable to know that there is some goodness in the world.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  2. Coast2CoastPatsFan

Coast2CoastPatsFan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hang in there, buddy. As the old saying goes, "tough times don't last, tough people do". Be strong. Keep fighting.

3. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Be strong...things will be fine..sorry it's been as bad as that..

4. PatsSaintsSox

PatsSaintsSox Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

wow....I'm sorry man...i hope things get better soon....

5. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jeez, hope things improve for you soon :(

6. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Man Nova, sounds like you've got one helluva crap streak going. I hope things turn around!!! Good luck!

7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Don't even tell me you can't get the Pats games where you are!
    Look at it this way, it can only get better.

8. Patti37

Patti37 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am so sorry to hear about your string of bad luck. I will keep you in my thoughts.

9. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Hang in there. It's these tough times that make you a better person when the good times roll back around (and they will).

10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +591 / 24 / -19

That sounds tough. Are you too young to move out? How many years before you can do that? Can't be that long.

11. NovaScotiaPatsFan

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

lol. I'm 27

And I'll be moving out ASAP when we get home, from now on if my life gets screwed over by someone in my family it'll be me.

12. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,994 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Best of luck bro to you & your family.
    My grandfather left Nova Scotia and came to the US. Mighta been something about horesthievery...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2005
  13. NovaScotiaPatsFan

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

So It Was Him Who Stole My Horse!

14. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My grandfather also left NS when he was a mere lad of 14 to come to the US. He was tired of mucking the stalls on the family farm! Maybe he should have stolen the horse like PWP's grandpop did!!!! At least he would have had a ride instead of hitching his way down with just 15 dollars in his pocket!

15. NovaScotiaPatsFan

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

ya, and when he got there he coulda sold the horse for some money.