PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update on my son's spartan run(i.e. facing haters in school)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spook75

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
As I wrote on the temporary board yesterday, my son (age 12) was so upset with the pats loss, and really fearing going into school facing all the pat's haters ( note : not giants fans) He could not use the rebuttal he had all year. Based on what he was saying I was worried he would start a fight or try to stay home sick. After my wife ( Sariana) and me talked with him for a while he went to bed and the next morning he went to school in his welker Jersey. Well I feared the most, but he came home in good spirits. He had a few kids that opened their trap, but he simply asked them where their team was on sunday :p

He also met some giants fans, as far as I could tell they were ok and he congratulate them,. But to his suprise he found alot of PAt's fans in school especially amongst the teaching staff.

So I think he dealt with it really well, a good life lesson that will surely add to building good character.

Oh by the way I was readign at my Daughters class ( elementry 1st graders) and all these little tykes were Pat's fans. One kid even insisted the pats had won the SB :) Cute.

This is in Virginia Beach mind you.

Last edited:
I was actually going to ask about him today. Kudos to him and to you. I was nervous about going to school to face the Giants fans, and I am a 22 year old law student. So good for him for being 12 and pulling it off.

Actually, almost everyone left me alone at work. There was one guy who tried to get to me, but I simply ignored him and would not feed the fire by responding. Once he realized that he was not gonna get a response from me, he stopped...

Good for him!!! I'm glad things worked out OK. :D

I went in wearing a Pats t-shirt I got from Sports Illustrated, and one of my teachers tried to talk trash about the game. But I just told him at least we were in the superbowl, and he shutup. (He is a panthers fan:))

Last edited:
I am in AZ and had everyone in the shop trying to give me ish, but I just said what a great game the Giants D played and they really couldn't say much.

I was worried about my 10yoS also, but he made it through unscathed.

I got a lot of sympathy calls yesterday. Even a couple from Giants fans, including one from my FIL who is a Giants fan but kind of wanted to see history made and the '72 Fish shut up. I guess it was one of those occasions where not being a trash talker helped.

I went in wearing a Pats t-shirt I got from Sports Illustrated, and one of my teachers tried to talk trash about the game. But I just told him at least we were in the superbowl, and he shutup. (He is a panthers fan:))
You in HS or college, my brother goes to the local HS in greenville and he didn't get any problems.

I'm 18, and I didn't want to deal with all the Pats-haters on campus. Surprisingly, not much of that happened. My Chemistry professor (not a Pats fan, I don't think) said at the beginning of class to an auditorium of 250 people that he was upset because he wanted to see history made and that he heard a lot of anguished screams around his neighborhood at around 10:30. That was followed by a lot of agreement from the students, and when he asked how many were rooting for the Giants, only about 30 or so (out of ~250) raised their hands.

It kinda surprised me because I was so ready for everyone to hate on the Pats. Didn't make me feel any better about the loss, though.

Last edited:
I had a class yesterday afternoon (grad school, mind you for maturity considerations) and there was this tiny, effected kid from Lawng Island wearing an Eli Manning jersey just spouting off all class. Tried to ignore him all class, but he was legit raising his hand to ask lecture questions and saying things like, "How does it feel to know that cheaters never win?". Flagrant homer professor threw him out of class citing lack of class.

in england my friends are eagles and panther fans, so if they tried to say anything, all i had to do is bring up superbowl 38+9, and say we've lost more superbowls than you two have won combined :D

I had a class yesterday afternoon (grad school, mind you for maturity considerations) and there was this tiny, effected kid from Lawng Island wearing an Eli Manning jersey just spouting off all class. Tried to ignore him all class, but he was legit raising his hand to ask lecture questions and saying things like, "How does it feel to know that cheaters never win?". Flagrant homer professor threw him out of class citing lack of class.

haha, I do not think this world can be idiot free ever .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes