Welcome to PatsFans.com

Update: New NEM lasts only 24 hours

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Digger44, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No matter how you cut it, NEM's phrase "and that he is, perhaps, not as brainwashed as he may have been before" says loud and clear that he is still accusing and name calling. Harrison37 is a dedicated member our the Armed Forces and disagrees with NEM's political views. Therefore it must be ok for NEM to come out and say that Harrison37 is still brainwashed, but maybe not as much as before. this makes me sick. No wonder why other boards refer to this sight as NEM.com

Read what he wrote for yourself. At least he lasted longer than most people thought. I hope you are all glad to have the same old NEM back. What a great new leaf.
  2. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Oh damn. You got my hopes up. Then I realized this is just political forum junk.
  3. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It's location of posting has no relevance to calling someone brainwashed. The dude is freaking sick. He can't even go a day and a half without trying to degrade someone.
  4. mykl

mykl Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Don't bring this crap into the football forum. It's location has a lot of relevance since you posted it in this location to get as much visibility as possible and stir up as much controversy as possible.
  5. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Nope, don't care. What happens in the political forum, stays in the political forum, it has no relevance here.

If NEM sticks to his word HERE, then we'll all be happy.

And I love ya Digger, and you can bash me all to hell, but this thread is going BACK to the political forum now.
  6. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Oh I see it is ok for a 20+ page thread about an apology that lasted a few pages and now the rest is foolishness to remain in the FOOTBALL FORUM when it has nothing to do with FOOTBALL. Glad to see you spoke up in that thread as well. Oh wait, you didn't. My bad.

NEM's apology was public and so should his breaking that apology within a day.
  7. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +669 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

If the phrase fits...........

[​IMG]
  8. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i am glad you are a whore ray
  9. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I dont care. When you call a soldier brainwashed for serving his country proudly you are sick. I am glad you support such actions.
  10. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,358 / 59 / -71

Disable Jersey

One can support the country without supporting every single aspect of it, and anyone who doesn't think that there is an element of brainwashing that's inherent in military boot camp, school and many other aspects of american life doesn't understand the definition of brainwashing:

Of course brainwashing is being attempted, and the public school system tries it on us for more than 20 years in some cases. I don't believe there was brainwashing to make the troops believe something about Iraq that they would not otherwise have done, but that's NEM's opinion, and that's something to be refuted, not condemned as a reason for banning. Boot camp is specifically designed to alter the way a person thinks and reacts, so to deny that soldiers are brainwashed to an extent is to deny reality. I think NEM takes a concept and misapplies it for his political purposes, but misapplying a concept (in this case, overseeing NEM's 'change' when nobody appointed you the arbiter) is precisely what you're doing with your attack on him here. I'm someone who fully supports the notion of going into Iraq and doesn't think we were firm enough in our methods. However, that doesn't mean that I shouldn't respect NEM's right to free political speech in a forum designed for it, or deny the reality that every U.S. soldier, citizen and student undergoes a form of brainwashing in this modern age, no matter who the president may be.

Stick to your behavior, which should have been enough to make you realize that you're going over the top. You have not behaved all that much better than NEM in the past few days. The difference is that he has ceased and you haven't. He's apologized and vowed to try to be better. NEM also admitted that he'd behaved wrongly, something that can be pointed out to Ian if he goes off the deep end again, since he's on record as admitting his behavior was not acceptable.

Now stop acting like a child and let's talk football.
  11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +911 / 8 / -18

#87 Jersey

My opinion of our military people is that nobody can speak for any 1 of them. Their actions speak for themselves:

Why they signed up?
    Why they serve?
    How they feel about the situation they are in?
    How they feel about their experience when they get out.

All of that is personal to each of them ... but I don't believe it affects how they serve ... they all serve 100% ... no question in my mind ... even if the war is totally wrong or totally right ... that is not the nature of serving your country.

For my part ... I respect them all regardless of the political situation for which they may be serving ... they serve their country ... for me the respect starts there and stays there.

If any 1 of them has any doubts about anything ... that may affect their brothers and sisters by their side. There can be no doubt, their can be no division in loyalty because as they serve their country they also serve each other ... they say it all the time.

I respect them ... I support them vocally and monetarily and I think they deserve that. if they don't think twice about serving me then why should I think twice about supporting them.
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

wow, digger .. you got taken behind the proverbial woodshed...

good post, Deus...
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This thread was started on the main board and dumped here like so much garbage. I'd be for hammering it out of existence. Now assuming that it isn't hammered, I'm going to do something that ol' Digger is wholly incapable of doing and just ignore something that I don't approve of. I prefer to take matters into my own hands rather than demand that the mods deal with every little thing that offends me.
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +213 / 6 / -7

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

This thread is closed. If you feel it should be reopened, contact FreeTedWilliams
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.