PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Hernandez expected to miss up to 4 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same and was back working out in six weeks. I had a structural issue repaired at the same time which was the cause of the rotator tear. I'm sure there are lots of variables.
I was immobilized for 6 weeks, not supposed to even move it

if the pats miss on WRs in this draft..it may be a long year

You know gronk/hernandez/amendola will miss time ( or at least 1 will )...how much time is yet to be determined

Put me in the Hernandez is overrated camp. Ballard is a true TE anyway who could easily make me forget Hernandez She is injury prone anyway.:rolleyes:

Put me in the Hernandez is overrated camp. Ballard is a true TE anyway who could easily make me forget Hernandez She is injury prone anyway.:rolleyes:

Are you trolling, or have you just never seen Ballard play football before?

That would likely put both Hernandez and Gronkowski to both miss training camp and possibly put Hernandez on PUP at the start of the season....it's a little bit concerning,especially without viable receivers.

Brady will probably have Edelman and a whole different set of receivers to throw to in July,this training camp is going to be interesting.

Quick-hit thoughts around NFL & Pats - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Hernandez had surgery on April 3. Four months would mean he is back by around August 3. The first regular season game is September 8.

Hernandez had surgery on April 3. Four months would mean he is back by around August 3. The first regular season game is September 8.

why bother...once the "it's real BAD!!!!!!" agenda has been set, it's impossible to sway the opinions, no matter how outrageously erroneous.

What a mind-bogglingly stupid post.

why bother...once the "it's real BAD!!!!!!" agenda has been set, it's impossible to sway the opinions, no matter how outrageously erroneous.
It would not surprise me in the least if his football career is not only over and, in addition, if his car-driving days and child-fathering days are over as well. As far as the ability to ever speak again, well, we'll just have to wait on that one.

It would not surprise me in the least if his football career is not only over and, in addition, if his car-driving days and child-fathering days are over as well. As far as the ability to ever speak again, well, we'll just have to wait on that one.

very nice outrageously erroneous take...whaddya got in outrageously erogenous?...I'm an old goat looking for a little stirring sensation...

very nice outrageously erroneous take...whaddya got in outrageously erogenous?...I'm an old goat looking for a little stirring sensation...
Sorry, I also am an old goat looking for a stirring sensation and any I find will be all mine. Get your own.

awwww man...whatever happened to "share the wine...take that girl"?...I thought you were a big Eric Burdon fan...

BTW...sorry to take this off course thread off topic...back to "It's True!! The Sky IS Falling!!!"...carry on

Isn't the only injury Hernandez has had was when Edelman smashed into the side of his leg while he was blocking for him? There is one phrase that I get so annoyed reading on pats forums, and that is the phrase "Injury Prone." People throw that word around constantly, its become a joke now. Having someone crash into the side of your leg at full speed while you're engaged with a blocker is not being "injury prone" it is called being unlucky.

Isn't the only injury Hernandez has had was when Edelman smashed into the side of his leg while he was blocking for him? There is one phrase that I get so annoyed reading on pats forums, and that is the phrase "Injury Prone." People throw that word around constantly, its become a joke now. Having someone crash into the side of your leg at full speed while you're engaged with a blocker is not being "injury prone" it is called being unlucky.

I miss the cretin who used to post here who repeatedly called it "injury proned"

Re: Update: Hernandez expected to miss 4 months

Why didn't they do the shoulder surgery earlier? I really feel like brady and Ahern were not on the same page last season. Missing training camp or any portion of it does not help this....

Well, he already went out to California and got a head start with Brady, so he basically already had his OTAs and stuff. Its going to suck that hes going to miss camp, but his spot on the roster is secure anyways and now it just gives other guys an opportunity in the preseason.

Hernandez is going into his 3rd year, so hes practically a veteran at this point and hes been spending that extra time with Brady. I'm not too worried, I'd rather have stuff like this at the beginning of the year than towards the end.

awwww man...whatever happened to "share the wine...take that girl"?...I thought you were a big Eric Burdon fan...

BTW...sorry to take this off course thread off topic...back to "It's True!! The Sky IS Falling!!!"...carry on
I, the original over-fed, long-haired leaping gnome, will have my loins stirred every time Ahern catches a TD pass this season and I say the over/under is 9 and 1/2.

Isn't the only injury Hernandez has had was when Edelman smashed into the side of his leg while he was blocking for him?

.....No.....

Wow, pats are going 0-16. We're screwed. Lol

We're fine fellas! I would rather have a healthy player for season than not. These guys are now vets with Brady. I would be worried about the wr and amendola. And where do this injury prone come from. All these plays have been unlucky hits or landings. I guess because I get scraped up and bleed every week, Jane my fingers and have broken a ankle and a toe and finger I am injury prone. What a joke. Pats will be fine. I don't question this organization when they have been the most successful one in the past 12 years.

Re: Update: Hernandez expected to miss 4 months

Well, he already went out to California and got a head start with Brady, so he basically already had his OTAs and stuff. Its going to suck that hes going to miss camp, but his spot on the roster is secure anyways and now it just gives other guys an opportunity in the preseason.

Hernandez is going into his 3rd year, so hes practically a veteran at this point and hes been spending that extra time with Brady. I'm not too worried, I'd rather have stuff like this at the beginning of the year than towards the end.

This is what I thought I had read earlier in the offseason -- that he was moving out to Msnhattan beach so he could train.

Do we know if this is a new injury? (or was he hurt at the end of the season and thought it would get better without surgery?)

You mean the same Ballard who spent last year on injured reserve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back