PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: ESPN Bored, Decides to Re-Run Kaczur Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
I guess it's a slow news day in the sports world so why not re-run an old story and kick the Pats in the balls again? Just like killing two birds with one stone!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3496481

When New England Patriots offensive lineman Nick Kaczur was arrested in upstate New York in April, he had 202 OxyContin pills labeled as being made in Canada, according to police reports, The Boston Globe reported.

Kaczur was arrested in New York on April 27 after police said a small amount of OxyContin was found in his truck following a traffic stop. Kaczur then helped federal authorities arrest the man who was allegedly supplying him with the drug, according to the alleged dealer's attorney.

Next week, Kaczur is scheduled to be arraigned in Whitestown, N.Y., town court on a charge of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, a misdemeanor.

According to police reports, Kaczur, who was returning from his hometown of Brantford, Ontario, had the pills in his pocket when he was pulled over on April 27 on the New York State Thruway in Whitestown, just west of Utica.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next week, Kaczur is scheduled to be arraigned
That's what makes it news, plus TC starts next week. We don't b*tch when it's some other team's guy. Let's not b*tch when it's one of ours. At least they didn't mention spygate. :)

Actually the fact that the pills were from Canada is new information that was reported recently.

That's what makes it news, plus TC starts next week. We don't b*tch when it's some other team's guy. Let's not b*tch when it's one of ours. At least they didn't mention spygate. :)

Right just like all of the Marvin Harrison articles:rolleyes: So an article when he was arrested, one now, one when he's arraigned, one when TC starts, one when the next guy gets busted for drugs, one when spygate is rehashed and they need to add to the "problems" the Pats have had, one when the regular season starts, one when he pleads, one when he's sentenced, and one just for fun at some random point in the season.

Hey, they could get 10 articles out if this thing when it's all said and done!

Actually the fact that the pills were from Canada is new information that was reported recently.

Cool, I can't wait until the next article where they reveal what color the pills were...

espn. anyone remembeer when that show was actually good back in 2001? now, it has turned into E! They focus on drama, hollywood and athletes, anyone remember the stupid WHOS NOW? thing they did last summer.

Funny; CNNSI and CBS Sportsline have NOTHING about this. It's like ESPN goes out of their way to make the Pats look bad or something. :eek:

I really wish Chris Berman and Keyshawn would go to another station.

I guess it's a slow news day in the sports world so why not re-run an old story and kick the Pats in the balls again? Just like killing two birds with one stone!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3496481

When New England Patriots offensive lineman Nick Kaczur was arrested in upstate New York in April, he had 202 OxyContin pills labeled as being made in Canada, according to police reports, The Boston Globe reported.

Kaczur was arrested in New York on April 27 after police said a small amount of OxyContin was found in his truck following a traffic stop. Kaczur then helped federal authorities arrest the man who was allegedly supplying him with the drug, according to the alleged dealer's attorney.

Next week, Kaczur is scheduled to be arraigned in Whitestown, N.Y., town court on a charge of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, a misdemeanor.

According to police reports, Kaczur, who was returning from his hometown of Brantford, Ontario, had the pills in his pocket when he was pulled over on April 27 on the New York State Thruway in Whitestown, just west of Utica.

In fairness, I just read that story in the Globe, so they are running a current story.

Globe Staff / July 18, 2008

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...8/07/18/patriot_players_drug_arrest_detailed/

Last edited:
I don't mind the article, the thing that gets me is the stupid "Conversation" thing at the bottom.

I don't mind the article, the thing that gets me is the stupid "Conversation" thing at the bottom.

At first it's annoying, I agree. Just remember that those dumb "CHEETRZ!!" and * comments are all any of them have. They have to tarnish the Pats accomplishments with whatever they can get thier hands on, logic be damned.

honestly, what espn do you guys get in america, the one i get here in england is really fair and unbiased except for pardon the interruption, but that is a show which is just opinions and from what i have seen/heard. But maybe i do not read in between the lines

The point in this new revelation is that the pills came from Canada.

This casts some doubt on Kaczur's statement that a U.S. acquaintance

supplied the drugs. Kaczur's home is Ontario, Canada.

This is why Ive been on an ESPN ban since I saw that ass Schlereth screaming about how they used the films in game when two seconds earlier it was said that the tapes were NOT used during games.
My ban doesnt lift until the first monday night game, and even then the game will be on mute and the sirius broadcast will be on.
ESPN is terrible

Does anyone have tickets for the Pats/Denver game? I have the urge to throw rotten tomatoes at the Monday Countdown set.

Cool, I can't wait until the next article where they reveal what color the pills were...
Don't blame ESPN, blame the Globe. They're the ones who brought up this new info.

Don't blame ESPN, blame the Globe. They're the ones who brought up this new info.

Or...here is a novel idea....why not blame the player who committed the offense?

Not if he's a Patriot--of course, if he played somewhere else they'd be asking for him to be banned for life. Interestingly, on Bills boards when Lynch was having his issues and before his DA plea deal was reached, at least 40% of posts were all for hanging him out to dry and decidely anti-Lynch, something I don't suspect you'd ever see here, based on my Spygate observations. Here, it's Kraft/BB/Pats do no wrong, EVER. Anyone with a different view gets banned.....

Come on, FF. That's BS and you know it. You've been giving a "different view" for all of us non-Harvardians all offseason and you haven't been banned.

For the millionth time, people like Lynch (until he talked his way down) and Pacman Jones and Nick Kaczur broke LAWS. Bill Belichick broke an ambiguous NFL bylaw that others in the league may or may not have also been breaking.

Or...here is a novel idea....why not blame the player who committed the offense?

I'm not excusing anything. I just don't think there's enough news in this story to warrant it being published nationally. Same with Lynch or any other soap opera garbage ESPN drools over. Doesn't mean the story is totally irrelevant, but the obsession with controversy and sensationalism is way out of balance in the sports media (and regular media) world. Watch sportscenter next time it's on and you'll see that nearly half (if not more) of all the stories are scandal/controversy related. Is the sports world really in that much disarray?

If you'd seen any of my other posts you'd see that I'm pretty fair about other players' indiscretions getting blown out of proportion and overly exploited too. The guy had pain and got addicted to painkillers so he started buying illegally. The fact that he might not play for the Pats because of it is news, I couldn't give a shit about the rest of it nor do I judge him for it. Same with Brett Favre, who somehow nobody judges for it.

Last edited:
Actually, I have on several occasions, both in this incarnation and others here. Once, at the very beginning of Spygate (and I mean the very beginning) I was banned for asking "Is anyone here concerned about this?" meaning the NYT story in which Walsh first made his accusations. That's literally all I said and was permanently banned--so you'll have to excuse me if I think there are some thin skins around here. Funny thing is I was truly curious as to whether folks were concerned (in my opinion they should have been). It has admittedly gotten better since then, so my bans have been temporary in this incarnation, but back in Jan./Feb. this year simply voicing anything that was not orthodoxy was seen as heretical and ban-worthy. I also must say that you're the only board I've seen that has a "Visitors' Locker Room"--that might tell you all you need to know about tolerance of different views here.....

Dude, you're a troll. Quit acting as if you do nothing but show up and dole out cookies. You come to a Patriots board and spend your time trolling and whining when the trolling gets just the sort of response you know is coming.

As for the "tolerance" nonsense, feel free to go the the Chargers, Jets, Dolphins, Redskins and Colts forums. You'll quickly find out about that "tolerance" load of crap your tossing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes