PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Upcoming Pats Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triggerfish

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Greeting Pats fans! I'm from Pennsylvania and I'm taking my girlfriend to a Pats game on Dec. 17th at Gillette! I can't say I'm a huge Pats fan (sorry....I was born and raised in Steeler country), but my girlfriend is a huge fan, and it's been a long-time dream of hers to go to a game at Foxboro. I'm excited to be a part of all of this as well, and am really looking forward to a trip to the Boston area! I just have a few quick question I thought maybe you fine people might be able to help me out with. First, since it will be the Christmas season when we're in town, is there anything that we should be sure to check out while we're in the area? We're hoping to make a weekend of it, so we'll have a little time to kill before sunday afternoon. I've never been to Boston at Christmas time, so not sure if there's any "must-see" things going on at that time.

Second, we'd sure like to find a cool group of people to do a little tailgating with, and was wondering what the pre-game partying is like at Foxboro? Will we be able to find some people to hang with prior to kick-off? If anyone from these boards are going to that game and have any suggestions on where to get our pre-game "warm-up" in, I'd really appreciate it!

One more thing....our tickets are in section 214. What's the view like from this area? Will we be able to see the players, or should we bring a good set of binoculars?

Looking forward to visiting your hometown stadium! Let's hope the Pats kick some ***** (especially since my Steelers are lookin rough this year)! Thanks in advance for any replies!

Triggerfish said:
Greeting Pats fans! I'm from Pennsylvania and I'm taking my girlfriend to a Pats game on Dec. 17th at Gillette! I can't say I'm a huge Pats fan (sorry....I was born and raised in Steeler country), but my girlfriend is a huge fan, and it's been a long-time dream of hers to go to a game at Foxboro. I'm excited to be a part of all of this as well, and am really looking forward to a trip to the Boston area! I just have a few quick question I thought maybe you fine people might be able to help me out with. First, since it will be the Christmas season when we're in town, is there anything that we should be sure to check out while we're in the area? We're hoping to make a weekend of it, so we'll have a little time to kill before sunday afternoon. I've never been to Boston at Christmas time, so not sure if there's any "must-see" things going on at that time.

Second, we'd sure like to find a cool group of people to do a little tailgating with, and was wondering what the pre-game partying is like at Foxboro? Will we be able to find some people to hang with prior to kick-off? If anyone from these boards are going to that game and have any suggestions on where to get our pre-game "warm-up" in, I'd really appreciate it!

One more thing....our tickets are in section 214. What's the view like from this area? Will we be able to see the players, or should we bring a good set of binoculars?

Looking forward to visiting your hometown stadium! Let's hope the Pats kick some ***** (especially since my Steelers are lookin rough this year)! Thanks in advance for any replies!

#1- seats aren't bad at all

#2- Steelers s#$#

#3- Post a picture of your girl, if she passes the muster, do yourself a favor and stay home, we'll take care of the rest.

Last edited:
welcome aboard, trigger. And tell your girl, LET'S. GO. PATS.

PSU said:
#1- seats aren't bad at all

#2- Steelers s#$#

#3- Post a picture of your girl, if she passes the muster, do yourself a favor and stay home, we'll take care of the rest.

LOL. Yea, I expected some jabs about the Steeler subject. You can say they suck if you want......I think the way they're playing right now makes them fit that description. No arguments from me. But I'm a true fan, so I'll stick by them. Kinda like you probably stuck by the Pats last year (cough). Hey, what can ya do?! I don't hate the Pats, they're just not my team. The game in Foxboro will still be an awesome time, I'm sure. I love the GAME, so it's all good.

So....anyway. Anything I should hit up while I'm in Boston? We'll probably be lookin for a "watering hole" saturday night. And of course we'll be lookin for some pre-game tailgating action. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Oh, and by the way.....I'm taking her to a freakin PATS game! In her eyes, that puts me right up there with GOD (or Tom Brady). She'll probably think I can walk on water. I'm golden buddy! Of course, she wouldn't touch a PSU fan with a ten foot pole anyway. Hahahaha.

P-E-N-N-S-T SUCKS!

Go PITT!

Triggerfish said:
Oh, and by the way.....I'm taking her to a freakin PATS game! In her eyes, that puts me right up there with GOD (or Tom Brady). She'll probably think I can walk on water. I'm golden buddy! Of course, she wouldn't touch a PSU fan with a ten foot pole anyway. Hahahaha.

P-E-N-N-S-T SUCKS!

Go PITT!

Yea, you get major points for this expedition... she must be someone worthwhile to make such an noble and gentlemenly gesture.

I'd make sure to hit the Fanuel Hall area at dusk. A few watering holes there to warm you up, plus they do a nice job of christmas lighting etc.

For the game, make sure your girl has some of those hand/foot warmer packs!

PatsChick87 said:
I'd make sure to hit the Fanuel Hall area at dusk. A few watering holes there to warm you up, plus they do a nice job of christmas lighting etc.

Fanuel Hall, huh? Awesome! I'll definitely check that out. Oh, and I'm sure she'll be well stocked with hand and foot warmers! It gets plenty cold down here in PA, so I think we can handle it. Could be pretty chilly though in mid-December! But hey.....that's all part of the experience, right?! :)

PatsChick87 said:

Of course men are hairy Neanderthals whose hands and feet never get cold. :D
(just kidding smilie).

Triggerfish said:

I don't know if your girlfriend, or you, are baseball fans at all, or what you think of the Red Sox, but you can get a tour of Fenway Park, baseball's oldest and most beloved (according to the scoreboard there) ballpark. My son and his wife did that and said it was really good.

Hey trigger...enjoy the trip man. I'm from MA and long time Pats fan living in Pittsburgh..so I don't get to see the Pats unless they are here or in Buffalo. I've been to Gillette but never to a game...so I'm envious. Is your girlfriend from NE?

by the way, P-E-N-N-S-T does S$#K!

tdw777 said:
Hey trigger...enjoy the trip man. I'm from MA and long time Pats fan living in Pittsburgh..so I don't get to see the Pats unless they are here or in Buffalo. I've been to Gillette but never to a game...so I'm envious. Is your girlfriend from NE?

by the way, P-E-N-N-S-T does S$#K!

Oh I will....I'm definitely stoked about it! I was hoping the Steelers played the Pats this year, but no dice. That would have made the trip even better! And actually, oddly enough, my girlfriend is NOT from NE. She's originally a Pittsburgh area native as well. We both live in Lancaster County now. I think she was a long-time Bledsoe fan and became a Pats fan back when he played there. I keep trying to talk sense into her, but she's a die-hard! LOL. So, you're livin in Pittsburgh now, huh? Maybe they'll convert you someday. ;) I might need to get your number on speed dial, so I can check in for Steeler updates while I'm in Foxboro. LOL. Thanks for the reply! Feel free to send me a Primanti Bros sandwich anytime! :D

Fanfrom1960 said:
I don't know if your girlfriend, or you, are baseball fans at all, or what you think of the Red Sox, but you can get a tour of Fenway Park, baseball's oldest and most beloved (according to the scoreboard there) ballpark. My son and his wife did that and said it was really good.

Good suggestion! I've actually been to Fenway, but I don't think she has. She might be into that. Thanks!

Her birthday is this coming Thursday. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to keep the secret that long! Hahahaha. Now, I just need to come up with a creative way to GIVE her the tickets. Hmmmm.......

Your seats are good but you'll probably find binoculars will come in handy when they're at the other end of the field. I suggest bringing your binocs.

Tunescribe said:
Your seats are good but you'll probably find binoculars will come in handy when they're at the other end of the field. I suggest bringing your binocs.

Thanks Tunescribe! I was planning on bringing them anyway, but was hoping I wouldn't need them the whole game. From what I can see from pictures and from watching the game last week, it looks like the 300 sections are MILES away from the field. I like to get seats that are a little high, cause it's neat to watch the plays form from that perspective. But if the players look like ants, it kinda defeats the purpose of going to the game.

Triggerfish said:
..... So, you're livin in Pittsburgh now, huh? Maybe they'll convert you someday.

Not a chance!!! But I will admit that Pittsburgh is a great football town. I catch the pirates and pens when I can.

tdw777 said:
Not a chance!!! But I will admit that Pittsburgh is a great football town. I catch the pirates and pens when I can.

Not much to brag about these days with the Buccos, but those Pens are definitely showing some promise this year! Would be nice to see them back in the hunt for the Cup this year. Of course, living out here I don't get to see many games. Everything's Flyers, Eagles, and Phillies.....it's really enough to make me wanna vomit sometimes. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes