PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unsung Hero Thread-Dante Scarnecchia

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhExaulted1

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
After losing Vollmer earlier in the week, shifting Solder to the other side, losing Koppen, and all the other transitions on the OL, is there any other positional coach who could rally his troops better than him? He's been BB's assistant Head Coach since he got here in 2000.

He's been with the team for 28+ years (with a 2 yr stint with the Colts in the late 80's) The guy is a bonified Patriots HOF'er and should be enshrined in Canton some day. His guys would run thru walls for him. Tom Brady owes a great amount of his success to his unsung and underestimated contribution.

I'm going to see Bledsoe's ceremony on Sat and I hope to run into him. The guy gets no credit for being the best OL coach in all of football. God forbid anything ever happen unexpectedly to BB, but I'd be confident this team would close ranks and hunker down behind Scar.

Scar is the man we are lucky to have him. And now is the time for him to really earn his keep.

"The Dante Scarnecchia School For Offensive Linemen", has been one of the reasons that this team has been good for so long..

He has been part of the landscape for 28 years, even though he did abdicate to Indy for a couple of years.. he has been here for the past 20 years.... that is a long time anywhere in the NFL....

Scar is the best offensive line coach in the league hands down. All you have to do is look at the revolving door at RT during the Super Bowl run.

Hats off Scar:)

Last edited:
Scar is the best offensive line coach in the league hands down. All you have to do is look at the revolving door at RT during the Super Bowl run.

Call me crazy but I would point to the unheralded guys like Neal, Hochstein, Connally, and many others that he gets to play at extremely high levels as a better indicator than the guys that didnt workout at RT.

I might also look at how quick he gets the heralded guys ready Vollmer, Light, Mankins, and Solder all started game one of their careers.

Dante is unbelievable....I am an O-line & D-line coach at my old high school and trying to teach these guys technique is so frustrating sometimes....I do understand that he is working with guys that have played in college as well but I would believe that he could help turn my O-line into blocking machines....I would love to meet Dante sometime and just talk about blocking techniques and drills that he uses that maybe I could "borrow" for the guys I coach.....He is definitely someone the Pats could never afford to lose....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes