PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unsung and Unloved - the Heroes of the Ravens game in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you ctpatsfan77 and JMT57 for the false start explanation. I was always wondering why they can decline some penalties and not others :)

By that point, Billick had no control over the players, Ryan continued to encourage that kind of "passion," and we just didn't have anything to lose in general as our 13-3 campaign in 2006 was followed up with a horrible 2007.

I'd be interested to see how you saw it from your point of view as far as Billick goes.. I recall seeing him on the sidelines, arms crossed and looking like he'd rather be somewhere warm. He didn't seem to be into the game.

Thoughts?

Maroney is #1 for me in that game. The 43 yard catch and run seemed to swing things in our favor. Sanders' pick was a gift.

I loved that exchange between Rodney and Billick. For an offensive guru, he led some awful offenses in his time there. Then the year he leaves they finally have the brains to draft a good QB and they appears fine now.

As someone who followed the Vikings very closely for a long time, I gotta say that Billick's reputation was always overstated. He built it on that 1998 offense, which IMO was mostly a product of the fact that the rest of the league didn't realize how phenomenally good Moss was yet. He was obviously an excellent receiver, but even as a rookie he was even more than that- just phenomenally, historically good. Moss makes offenses run, which makes it all the funnier that even he couldn't jumpstart Oakland.

Moss makes offenses run, which makes it all the funnier that even he couldn't jumpstart Oakland.

Seriously...how flippin' hard is it to just close your eyes and chuck the ball as far and high downfield as you can, knowing that Moss is running routes for you??

Truly amazing that Oakland can even destroy a guy like Moss, had he stayed there long enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back