Welcome to PatsFans.com

Unsportsmanlike conduct pentaly

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by stinkypete, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Yesterday the Baltimore bench was flagged for a 15 yd. unsoprtsmanlike conduct penalty. Anybody have any information as to the cause of the flag?
  2. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

all I know is that the camera showed the HC barking his head off and then there was a flag. but I don't think there's anything definitive to suggest that it was definitely because of the HC. could have been some other players chirping off-camera
  3. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Reading Harbaugh's lips, it was an expletive laden tirade. Right after the camera cut away from him the flag was thrown.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Harbaugh kept running his mouth, a whole lot of swearing, the ump turned his back and tried to avoid him.. but Harbaugh just kept it going.. it was well deserved.
  5. 102 Pat

102 Pat Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 3 / -2

#85 Jersey

Sideline camera showed him in back of the ref freaking out, the cameras clearly caught him saying "that was a bull***t call".

While it can't be from that statement alone, it must of helped. Even after the penalty was called, he was still yakking at the ref, should of tossed him out. If BB had done that, imagine the headlines this morning...
  6. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I think the penalty was clearly on Harbaugh and he was sending his team a terrible message that makes me wonder why BB was so strongly in his corner when the Ravens job was open. Must be broderline genius x's and o's 'cause he's clearly got some temperment issues that may be his undoing, particularly in that Raven's atmosphere. What he did is as dumb as what happened on his predecessor's watch at the end of that 2007 game. And ultimately I believe it was that display that cost Billick his job and kept Fatso from moving up the ladder in Baltimore, lack of discipline. Coaches who throw tantrums beget teams who do.
  7. bresna

bresna PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

The stupidest thing about Harbaugh's tirade was that on replay, the penalty he was complaining about was a good call.

Harbaugh was yelling, "He never touched him", but what he didn't notice was that Welker was chucked as he tried to make his cut. The flag was for the chuck (beyond 5 yards) and not for the minimal contact in the area where the ball was caught.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  8. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +749 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Here's one constant that hasn't changed with the Ravens: Ray Lewis. For as good as he plays, Lewis also has a big influence on that team's attitude and not always for the better. He has no qualms about expressing frustration and seems often to have a short fuse when adversity sets in.
  9. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Yes, "That was a BS call" right into the microphone clear as day, followed by a F-bomb you didn't need to be a lipreader to pick up on.

Head coaches shouldn't be the ones hurting their teams with penalties, and Harbaugh pulling a nutty on the sideline did just that. What did he think, the official was going to hear that tirade, respond "you are correct, sir" and change his call?
  10. vyrago

vyrago Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -0

Harbaugh said in the locker room post-game interview that it was on him. Maybe after he's a head coach for a few more years he can get away with obscenity-laced tirades at the refs.
  11. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative Rookie

Ratings:
    +108 / 4 / -0

In this regard, coaches and refs have the same relationship as policeman and citizen. You can complain all you want, and express frustration, as long as your doing so doesn't distract or inhibit the ref (or cop) from doing their job. Once you do that, you are going to get in trouble. That's the line that Harbaugh crossed. And that's the way it should be.
  12. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

That, or they sent Bart Scott to the Jets.
  13. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,319 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Precisely. My thoughts at the time were that some how, some way this undisciplined behaviour will spawn a player attitude that will result in bad behaviour that will cost the team later in the season. Sure, I've seen BB drop F bombs, etc. at games and momentarily lose control by 'swearing' but that was a matter of brief seconds not tens of seconds and minutes.
  14. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Undisciplined, plain and simple. Not a good example for the team. Gee, wasn't it '07 when a Ravens player went ballistic on a ref call......my how things don't change......
  15. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +896 / 8 / -2

#11 Jersey

The funny thing is that the players themselves seem much more disciplined under Harbaugh.
  16. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

Yup...

Another "Leadership by Example" moment.

The Ravens deserved every call they got. What's amazing is how FEW calls were made against them. That game featured as huge amount of cheap shots and post-play hitting that were never flagged.

The worst part is this morning when their fans and other Patriots-haters are all over the net complaining about the officiating and how they were robbed and jobbed by the refs.

Raven, thy name is hypocrite... :cool:
  17. Lloyd_Christmas

Lloyd_Christmas I can delete my own crap! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I thought the call on Harbaugh was completely warranted and then, when he continued to chew out the ref even after he was penalized, I thought for sure they were going to eject his stupid *****.

I wish they had. He is moron for acting that way. He's the F'n coach, not just some player on the team. Even if you think the call is bad, you don't act like that. What's to gain from it?
  18. BradysBunch12

BradysBunch12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Between the coach and Ray Lewis whining after the game, I felt like we were playing the Colts.
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anyone that has ever watched NFL Films knows that those line judges take an awful lot of crap from the coaches without doing anything about it. In fact, I am surprised the league hasn't cracked down on the practice.

Nevertheless, there are certain lines you just can't cross and apparently Harbaugh crossed one. Harbaugh was upset at a defensive holding call. IIRC, they actually ran another play (something like a 2 yard run) before throwing the flag on Harbaugh, so that must have been some rant he was on. He probably finally came around and said one of the wrong things that you just can't say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.