PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unofficial Jets Pregame Thread: The Real Season Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for this game. The Jests are going below .500 today.

On O:
Last January, Rex flooded the secondary with DBs playing a tight zone forcing Brady to squeeze balls in. In the 4th quarter, Brady opted to take what the D was giving....and that infuriating 8 minute drive with Brady handing off to Woodhead over and over...game over.

Game wasnt over if the defense didn't allow them to walk right back down the field.

Today, we counter with Ridley from the get go. I'm going 3 WR, Gronk, Ridley from the start. Let Rex go small, we got our speed back with power. I'm even lining up my 3 WRs on the short side of the field with Gronk manning the line on the short side as well. Then I'm letting Ridley turn the corner on the opposite side of the field. When Rex counters with increased LB presence, in comes Hernandez ....begging for some LB coverage. BB must dictate today, not react....and the Pats have the personel to constantly reconfigure. I also want to see deep sideline patterns to spread the secondary out. Rex flooded the middle of the field last year. BB must work the sidelines and deep routes. We must open the field horizontally as well as vertically.
The least worry I have ever had is that the Patriots have an answer to what the Jets did last year. I know that Fat@ss knows that and BB knows that. The key IMO, particularly if Hernandez is in is that we have the versatility that we can dictate to them. We can put a pass advantageous grouping on the field and run well, and vice versa. We are a matchup nightmare.

On D:
I don't see a big sack day. BB has to worry about Sanchez rolling out which limits the DEs aggression. Pressure will have to come up the middle.
This is critical. If we feel the blitz can get to Sanchez we will bring it hard. He has shown me that he fears, yes fears, pressure. He throws too soon ALL the time, he even ducks in his follow through when he is going to be hit. I can't believe it hasn't gotten coverage but if you watch Sanchez play against pressure there is no doubt at all that his primary thought is to protect himself before the hit.
The question is whether the blitz will get there, because if it doesn't you cut off your nose to spite your face by giving a terrible QB easy throws, and big plays from them.
The mess that is the Jet OL tells me this will be the early game strategy and if it works we will blitz more than you have seen in a long time.

If Haynesworth proves to be a problem for his O lineman, then BB can work some blitzes around the big guy. One thing I want to see is DL hands in the air. Take advantage of Sanchez's low release point. As far as the Jets running game, I worry about LT turning the corner or releasing from the backfield. Without Mayo, I see Rex trying to go to LT. He'll go to the vet in a big game.
Jet run blocking is poor. Actually them having a little success running early may be good for us, because it will be a fluke and will keep them running, and get them into 3rd and longs later in the game.

Rex will also try to use Plaxico to abuse our DBs. Plaxico was salivating watching the preseason Lions' giant WRs abuse our smurfs.
Umm, we do not have smurf DBs any longer.
If the plan is to try to have Plaxico 10 catches all season Burress try to abuse our defense, then we may shut them out:cool:

Turning point- O and D:
Brady needs to identify a mismatched D and go no huddle immediately. I think Ridley will poise a problem as well as Hernandez.
BB needs to get Sanchez uncomfortable early. The kid has confidence issues. BB needs to slam that O line early and hard.
BB has had 8 months to get ready for this game......
Good conclusion, I agree.

Cannot wait till 4:15...I just ask for about 3 1/2 hours of uninterrupted tv viewing without the kids or wife barging in :D Beers chilling on the deck, couple of buddies coming over for kick off....GO PATS...Dream start to the game....Pats kickoff, three and out....Pats drive down, touchdown....pats force another three out - ok, maybe a couple first downs and punt, pats drive down, touchdown, end of first quarter Pats up 14-0.....

I know it's been said before, but I really wish there would be a moratorium on posters saying "we" when referring to the Patriots....are you on the team? if so, what position do you play....cheerleader doesn't count :rolleyes:

This offense is a juggernaut but it's important to not let it go to our heads. If the defense is going to give you something, take it. The same pride that worked against the 2001 Rams, the 2003-2004 Colts worked against us in the last Jets game. We've got to be smarter than that, more patient. Run the ball if they run out 5-6+ DB's, don't press for something that isn't there.

win or lose, this team will be determined what the pats do in the playoffs.. after that 45-3 domination last year we thought we were the cats meow... we know how that ended up... the signs are pointing to a jets win... but a win here we still have to face the jets again and have not won in the medowlands in 3 years

I have no idea what that highlighted phrase means.

The 45-3 domination was primarily because the Jesters lost their safety that Wednesday. IMO, we would have still won by a big margin in that game even if their safety was there, but not by that much. So, there were a few of us who didn't give that much importance to the final score and did not think we were the cat's whiskers.

And what signs do you see pointing to a Jets W? Fact that they lost two?

Well, how about the Pats eager to avenge the rude stop to their SB last season? How about Brady & Co embarassed by the fact that aggressive Ds have got the better of them and hence wanting to show case an O that can take whatever ploy the opposing D throws at them?

Though Sanchez will probably not be under pressure and perform like like a pro today with both Burress and Holmes (+ Keller but we might be blanketing him) catching a lot of short yard passes (ergo, Pats D shockingly gives up a lot of yards :D), I am quite confident of a W today.

And please, hope Lady T rallies his team before the game get stuffed on the field during the game, and cries about the loss after the game. :D

Go Pats!!

Seeing the FOX Pregame show and A Hernandez is playing supposedly

On the NFL matchup show, JAWS says he thinks the Pats will play a man to man under two deep coverage and force Sanchez to make stick throws into tight coverage.

I don't know. Man under cover-2 by the Pats' D has left the opposing receiver "even and leavin'", with missing safety help, too many times this season.

Let's hope they improve.

Last edited:
If they can get a sack on sanchez within the first 2 drives..he will get flustered. We need some pressure up front

Damn, JPP took awhile to develop but hes nasty now. Good speed and fluidness.

Game wasnt over if the defense didn't allow them to walk right back down the field.

The least worry I have ever had is that the Patriots have an answer to what the Jets did last year. I know that Fat@ss knows that and BB knows that. The key IMO, particularly if Hernandez is in is that we have the versatility that we can dictate to them. We can put a pass advantageous grouping on the field and run well, and vice versa. We are a matchup nightmare.

This is critical. If we feel the blitz can get to Sanchez we will bring it hard. He has shown me that he fears, yes fears, pressure. He throws too soon ALL the time, he even ducks in his follow through when he is going to be hit. I can't believe it hasn't gotten coverage but if you watch Sanchez play against pressure there is no doubt at all that his primary thought is to protect himself before the hit.
The question is whether the blitz will get there, because if it doesn't you cut off your nose to spite your face by giving a terrible QB easy throws, and big plays from them.
The mess that is the Jet OL tells me this will be the early game strategy and if it works we will blitz more than you have seen in a long time.

Jet run blocking is poor. Actually them having a little success running early may be good for us, because it will be a fluke and will keep them running, and get them into 3rd and longs later in the game.

Umm, we do not have smurf DBs any longer.
If the plan is to try to have Plaxico 10 catches all season Burress try to abuse our defense, then we may shut them out:cool:

Good conclusion, I agree.

Smurf DBs.....yes...next to Megatron, Marshall, V Jax, and now Plaxico.....Ours DBS may not be as smurfy as in the past, but vs Big WRS, they play very small

Throwbacks today, too. I'm hoping my blood pressure can last until 4:00pm today. :cool:

Yeah i am already going insane

Sean..try and be positive for one dam game..jesus

Listening to the "Pre-Game" show on the hub ... Gresh sounds so fat .. you can just picture he has fat little fingers, and loves bacon..

What I'd most like to see is a physical thumping, both from the offense and defense. Just beat the stuffing out of this Jets team, once and for all.

Yeah i am already going insane

Sean..try and be positive for one dam game..jesus

should we even bother to be at patsfans during the game? even with the win their is going to be negativity lol

should we even bother to be at patsfans during the game? even with the win their is going to be negativity lol

I can't even imagine this place IF for some reason the pats lose,,even if we will it will be all negative from a select few as always

Re: The official Patriots vs Jets game thread

Please post your thoughtful and insightful comments, rants, and knee jerk reactions on this thread without starting other threads so we don't have to merge those threads with this thread. Is that clear? :D

This is the most important game that the Patriots will play this week and I really want a victory. Another division game makes it more even important.

Let's hope for a good patriots blowout win with no injuries.

I am feeling good. I would rather be playing the jets coming off of a win rather than 2 losses. But we are the better team and will come out with a W. Pats playing at home is a great thing to see :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes