PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

unnoticed move

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrazyeye

On the Roster
Reaction score
Just noticed that the Pats picked up former Hurricane Quad Hill. I know that he won't add anything this year but I think this kid has a chance to contribute next year. He is very similar to Pass, just hopefully more durable. Hill has some decent speed for a short yardage runner. He also has very good hands and plays special teams (he even played some defense at Miami.
i know he could be cut tomorrow but he is one of those smart versatile players that at least deserves a look. This makes sense because Dillons carer is winding down, though he did have a good year.

Glad you pointed it out.

I noticed Reiss talked about some players for tyouts a few days ago...Pats always keep the PSqd full of players to use..and look at ALWAYS a few steps ahead..

Just noticed that the Pats picked up former Hurricane Quad Hill. I know that he won't add anything this year but I think this kid has a chance to contribute next year. He is very similar to Pass, just hopefully more durable. Hill has some decent speed for a short yardage runner. He also has very good hands and plays special teams (he even played some defense at Miami.
i know he could be cut tomorrow but he is one of those smart versatile players that at least deserves a look. This makes sense because Dillons carer is winding down, though he did have a good year.

Man, that is crazy. You read my mind, I thought the same thing. I remember thinking that this guy could be a potential ST demon and provide some depth at FB and RB. A younger faster Patrick Pass, I like this move. It will be good to see what he can prove next year in camp.

I noticed Reiss talked about some players for tyouts a few days ago...Pats always keep the PSqd full of players to use..and look at ALWAYS a few steps ahead..

THAT is what I LOVE about BB & Co.

Spotted it in Reiss' blog earlier, thanks for the background on Quad. Between Mills and Quad, Pass has some competition if he comes back...

Spotted it in Reiss' blog earlier, thanks for the background on Quad. Between Mills and Quad, Pass has some competition if he comes back...

It doesn't help that Pass is a vet at a higher payscale and has a known max upside. But I've thought that before. I see lots of moves to upgrade STs in 2007. Having more than one of our supposed 2006 ST wiz kids on IR didn't help this season.

It doesn't help that Pass is a vet at a higher payscale and has a known max upside. But I've thought that before. I see lots of moves to upgrade STs in 2007. Having more than one of our supposed 2006 ST wiz kids on IR didn't help this season.

I love the youth movement on STs, the results have been improved units. There was a thread on this earlier but the new crew (Andrews, Mays, Woods, Alexander, Wright) have improved the overall effectiveness of the STs. I would rather see a 25 year old with some speed that some old geezer.

yes...ge was one I think they looked at..and with Mills..I thoughth he might have been better suited..but why not have both..and PAss, who I LIKED a lot...will have cheaper competition so he would HAVE To be so much better...

yes...ge was one I think they looked at..and with Mills..I thoughth he might have been better suited..but why not have both..and PAss, who I LIKED a lot...will have cheaper competition so he would HAVE To be so much better...
Howdy Stan! Competition is the key word. As long as SP can find quality talent and BB can put them in a competitive situation, your going to find a few guys who just work hard to succeed. I can live with that.

POSITIVES: Undersized yet athletic fullback who also excels on special teams. Blocks with good pad level, picks up assignments and seals defenders from the action. Solid receiver who extends to make the reception away from his frame. Runs with an aggressive style putting his shoulders into defenders and displaying a burst of speed.

NEGATIVES: Must improve his blocking intensity and barely gets in the way with assignments.

ANALYSIS: Lacking the size and strength to be a true lead blocker, Hill.s pass-catching abilities will get him consideration for a West Coast offense.

im a Hurricane fan..wont be a great blocker like a Neal and whoever but hes fast..and like people said he can be like Pass and other receiving FBs. Quad is also capable of being a 3rd down back

There's no guarantee he'll be signed past this week, nevermind training camp next year.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, especially considering this is a player who only stuck with his last team (the Bears) for 24 hours.

What he did in college now over a year ago is irrelevant.

Last edited:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/47881.html

Quadtrine Hill Grade: 3.29 Position: FB
Class: 5Sr
School: Miami (FL)
Conference: Big East
Ht., Wt.: 6-1, 220
40 Time: 4.55

BIO: Used in a starting capacity the past four seasons. Senior totals on the ground included 19/138 with 25/216/1 as a pass catcher.

POSITIVES: Undersized yet athletic fullback who also excels on special teams. Blocks with good pad level, picks up assignments and seals defenders from the action. Solid receiver who extends to make the reception away from his frame. Runs with an aggressive style putting his shoulders into defenders and displaying a burst of speed.

NEGATIVES: Must improve his blocking intensity and barely gets in the way with assignments.

ANALYSIS: Lacking the size and strength to be a true lead blocker, Hill.s pass-catching abilities will get him consideration for a West Coast offense.

PROJECTION: Mid Seventh Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye