Welcome to PatsFans.com

Unintended Consequences of the 20th Century and Beyond

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Jan 17, 2009.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

This is an excellent article by an astute university director. The overall article highlights various events this century that have started an avalanche/cascade of actions that happened afterward, and also talks about recent economic and market events. Unfortunately, as most of the other investors and commentators have already been saying for years, this writer also confirms that we are not even close to seeing a bottom of the market, and that housing and the financial industry is going to be in the tank for at least another decade.

Unintended Consequences of the 20th Century and Beyond :: The Market Oracle :: Financial Markets Analysis & Forecasting Free Website
  2. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I can't wait to see how PR is going to react to you posting this.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

My favorite part of the article:

"Osama Bin Laden returned to Saudi Arabia in 1990 as a hero of jihad, who along with his Arab legion, "had brought down the mighty superpower" of the Soviet Union in Afghanistan. During this time frame Iraq invaded Kuwait and Bin Laden met the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, and told him not to depend on non-Muslim troops and offered to help defend Saudi Arabia. Bin Laden was rebuffed and publicly denounced Saudi Arabia's dependence on the US military. After the 1st Gulf War, the U.S. with the support of the Saudi rulers allowed a permanent U.S. military base in Saudi Arabia. This presence led Bin Laden to declare a jihad against the U.S. infidels and eventually led to the 9/11 attack and the War on Terror. This has led to mammoth budget deficits, thousands of unnecessary American and Iraqi deaths, and contributed hugely to the financial crisis of 2008. "

They don't hate our freedom as the out-going traitor says over and over...they hate our military base in Arabia!

NO SH!T
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +879 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

i don't see it Mav ... lots of rich people have lost a ton of $$$ ... they will need to recoup it. So ... expect them to sell their soul to the devil (Uncle Sam) to get things going up again at which point their greedy alter egos will go about raping the system once again.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +341 / 3 / -13

I'm not that predictable Biggles. No reaction from me, thank you.:D

I actually agree with the fact we haven't hit bottom. I've predicted that the Dow will go under the 7,500 low point we hit in November on more than one occasion. Just because Mav and I heatedly disagreed on a single issue does not change the fact that we also agree on a lot. So what is there for me to react to?
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 7 / -13

I agree that there will be problems but for a different reason. We are facing a falling population which will be a demographic nightmare.

Mercatornet: Walking in a demographic winter wonderland

Canada’s Health Care System heading for “Demographic Blowout” with Aging Population: Study

Catholic World Report | The Underpopulation Problem | by Michael J. Miller

Meanwhile the gov is moving to make abortions easier to obtain, and curb non existent mmgw madness.
  7. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I will say again, let people refinance with a government backed interest rate at 2-3% and it will serve two purposes:

1. the government will be taking in money and that money can be used on the national debt, medicare, and SSI.

2. the people will have more money in their pocket with lower rates and less foreclosures in the country.

this would have to be strict so it won't be abused like anythign else. each person can only have one mortgage at a given time and no home equity loans.