PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uninspiring draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be suprised to see the pats trade one or more of the WR camp or in preseason right before the first cuts for someone that they might have had interest in this years draft but couldn't get. For example if Plexiglass or anyother of the Giants WR for that matter gets hurt in training camp they might be willing to trade a Zach DeOssie for a WR that could step in and maybe start for them.

BB could have had Deossie in the Draft but passed over him....

Justin Rogers intrigues me. He could end up being a steal.

It seems that the default plan was to draft offensive linemen with potential and let Dante pick the one or two best to stick on the practice squad.

Couldn't agree more on Rogers. Don't know anything about him but what I've read is interesting.

It never fails to amaze me that in spite of the amazing success of this staff, people not even in football think they know more than them. I make my "guesses" on draft day too,with the hope of thinking like BB, but if the Pats go in another direction I certainly don't think it's them that made the mistakes. I was a fan of Siler too, but if BB/ lets him go by and picks Lua ahead of him then I would say it's about a 100% certainty the Lua is better than Siler for the Patriots system

Thanks, some people here need a "Lighten up, Francis" and to remember the people steering the ship.

Couldn't agree more on Rogers. Don't know anything about him but what I've read is interesting.

SMU is really a shadow university right now. I think this past year is the first time they've been on TV since the death penalty back in 85 or whenever, and they're just now getting some prized in-state recruits.

Actually he didn't. We traded 110 for Moss. DeOssie went between 110 and 127, our next pick. I think he would have grabbed him at 127 if he was still on the board.

Now, if you consider that we traded #91 away then maybe we did pass over DeOssie. But that was before the deal for Moss was done, so we don't know how that factored in, at the time.

Justin Rogers intrigues me. He could end up being a steal.

It seems that the default plan was to draft offensive linemen with potential and let Dante pick the one or two best to stick on the practice squad.
I am kind of with you. I say only one or two of day two or FA makes it. Just a really vanilla draft on day two. We need a SS and there were two good ones (Wendling 3rd rounder taken sixth by Buffalo just after us....oops and Stone from Maine) so we won't have to hunt one next year and we took some JAGS. I guess you can't complain about the off-season but I think anyone of us could have made the choices as these are agreed to be all long shots.
There is a kid at AZ state Catanese who as far as I know was not drafted. Had a mediocre SR. season wand back and forth between LB and SS. Runs a 4.59 and is like 222lbs. What is your opinion? Was rated as a sure NFL player his junior year.
DW Toys

Yeah for that stiff Moss. I mean there was no way that BB would have picked him if he was there with our next 4th or maybe 5th!

Actually he didn't. We traded 110 for Moss. DeOssie went between 110 and 127, our next pick. I think he would have grabbed him at 127 if he was still on the board.

Now, if you consider that we traded #91 away then maybe we did pass over DeOssie. But that was before the deal for Moss was done, so we don't know how that factored in, at the time.

Yeah, that and if he really wanted him he could have gotten him before the Giants who picked at what, 119th?

Yeah for that stiff Moss. I mean there was no way that BB would have picked him if he was there with our next 4th or maybe 5th!

If he'd never traded up for a player he really likes in a later rounds of the Draft, I'd believe it.

I am kind of with you. I say only one or two of day two or FA makes it. Just a really vanilla draft on day two. We need a SS and there were two good ones (Wendling 3rd rounder taken sixth by Buffalo just after us....oops and Stone from Maine) so we won't have to hunt one next year and we took some JAGS. I guess you can't complain about the off-season but I think anyone of us could have made the choices as these are agreed to be all long shots.
There is a kid at AZ state Catanese who as far as I know was not drafted. Had a mediocre SR. season wand back and forth between LB and SS. Runs a 4.59 and is like 222lbs. What is your opinion? Was rated as a sure NFL player his junior year.
DW Toys

He did fall of the face of the earth after his junior year. One UDFA to keep an eye on is the kid Glaspar from Boston College. If his hip is right, he's a player.

If he'd never traded up for a player he really likes in a later rounds of the Draft, I'd believe it.
Or they could have thought he would be ther when they picked. They didn't trade up at all in the draft. It doesn't mean that they didn't like any of the guys they took. It thought probably mean that they either they would be there when they picked or that they had more than one player pegged at one spot and were happy to sit pat and take whoever fell to them.

Or they could have thought he would be ther when they picked. They didn't trade up at all in the draft. It doesn't mean that they didn't like any of the guys they took. It thought probably mean that they either they would be there when they picked or that they had more than one player pegged at one spot and were happy to sit pat and take whoever fell to them.

OK. But that means they assumed a lot. And I don't think that BB and Pioli assume a lot, do you?

So yeah, I don't think they felt he represented value in the 4th or maybe even the 5th, otherwise, I think they would have gone after him. If it didn't shock me the Giants took him......

OK. But that means they assumed a lot. And I don't think that BB and Pioli assume a lot, do you?

So yeah, I don't think they felt he represented value in the 4th or maybe even the 5th, otherwise, I think they would have gone after him. If it didn't shock me the Giants took him......

If they went up to get him before the Giants, that would have represented a cost of two draft picks, so DeOssie's relative value in order for BB to do so would have to be somewhat higher than #119. They probably would have had to value him as a late first day pick.

If they went up to get him before the Giants, that would have represented a cost of two draft picks, so DeOssie's relative value in order for BB to do so would have to be somewhat higher than #119. They probably would have had to value him as a late first day pick.

Perhaps. And then Pioli indicated to Reiss that he was extremely happy picking Brown at #127.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes