Welcome to PatsFans.com

Unimpressive first half for the offense

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by KDPpatsfan, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KDPpatsfan

KDPpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It looks to me like they were surprised by what the Chargers are doing...Offensive line needs to really step it up. Welker drops to passes, and we can't seem to seperate. I don't want to hear any crap about wind because Phillip freakin Rivers seems to have no problem hitting Vincent Jackson all over the place. Defensively we are doing more than enough...offense needs to come up big in the second or we will lose this game.
  2. sanvara

sanvara Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lose the game? The Chargers have no chance. They shouldn't have even shown up. They can't compete. They might as well have just forfeited.
  3. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +129 / 2 / -15

#12 Jersey

14 points, 1 giveaway, benefiting from good field position a couple of times ... yeah, they can/should do better than that.

Who knew Jammer would play that well?
  4. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Our defense is playing well 3/4ths of the time. The other 1/4th we let up a play downfield to Jackson or Chambers or Sproles running through. Defense is doing a great job overall.

Offense. Our OL is having a rough time. Started picking it up in 2nd quarter but Brady needs to play better. Some of his passes are off. Faulk is having a great game. We need to separate after the contact
  5. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

we're getting killed on 3rd and short. we've had 3rd and 3 or less 5 times and only converted 2 of them. that should just not happen with the weapons we have, inexcusable. putting alot of pressure on the defense.

i might add the 2 that we converted were runs. in other words our 3rd down passing has been piss poor
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  6. KDPpatsfan

KDPpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I actually agree....I think the playcalling on 3rd and short has been suspect.
  7. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +231 / 3 / -1

Many people. That defense is no joke. I would have expected one more touchdown 1st half but Brady and Welker have been a little off.
  8. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i'm a charger fan and i love jammer, but even i'm shcoked at the game he's having

completely shocked

you guys aren't alone there
  9. PatsFaninAZ

PatsFaninAZ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Give the chargers defense some credit -- we're 2 for 6 on third down conversion with some very strong defense by them on those plays.

Story of the game so far. If we can stay out of 3d and long and convert them, we'll be in good shape unless the defense runs out of gas.
  10. Absurdly Metro

Absurdly Metro Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 2 / -0

Welker has dropped two third down throws that would have kept the chains moving. The last one led to the final SD FG. Looking for him to redeem himself in the second half. Hang on to the damn ball!

Also if you're going to challenge the SD wideouts why not give Randy a chance at some of them? I think he goes up and catches that one they threw to Stallworth.
  11. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Forgot to add. We need pressure. Rivers often gets too much time and the coverage is the reason hes not picking us apart yet because after 15 seconds of covering, someone busts free and Rivers panics and throws
  12. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

i'm not happy about Pats offensive today. Tom Brady's performance was horrible,however, Pasts defensive was EXCELLENCE. I hope that Tom will play better on 02/03/08.

Good win for us and i look forward to our SB game.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.