3776.jpg

"The Redcoat Patriots!"
That. Is. Freaking. Tight.

No red jerseys!!! Ugh!

Last edited:
pats1 said:
That was talked about in the thread:

3776.jpg

That looks terrible ! Like a USFL team ( Stallions ?) The only red they should wear is the throwbacks once a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that they would wear the throwbacks once a year. They've only been worn once - at Detroit on Thanksgiving four years ago. Since 2003 the only alternates to have been worn are the Gray ones.
Right now, I think teams are only allowed one alternate, and must announce before the start of the season for which game(s) they will be worn (and not all teams have them). So it's either Gray or Red.
I've got mixed feelings. For me the classic red jerseys with a white helmet and the old Pat Patriot will always be the uni of the team I fell in love with. The old logo and the stars and stripes font still look better then Elvis. But they were the uni of an underachieving team, and I can recognise why New Englanders would resent a team of Minutemen wearing "our" (British) colors.
Throwbacks look dumb unless both teams are wearing them. So they should either be left for the three Thanksgiving games (though Detroit wore their awful black jerseys last year), or on a league-designated Throwback weekend (Thanksgiving would again seem to be the best weekend).
On the other hand, the Gray unis are just awful. Dull, dull, dull. And I really wouldn't want to be trying to pick out a receiver on a November afternoon if he was wearing a jersey the same color as the sky. So, on balance, yes, I'd also like to see a red alternate - not a throwback. MichiganDave's design is superb. It tips a hat to our heritage without being completely retro (though I'd like to see how it looked with blue and white shoulder stripes instead of the solid white).

waspie (UK) said:
Oh that they would wear the throwbacks once a year. They've only been worn once - at Detroit on Thanksgiving four years ago. Since 2003 the only alternates to have been worn are the Gray ones.
Right now, I think teams are only allowed one alternate, and must announce before the start of the season for which game(s) they will be worn (and not all teams have them). So it's either Gray or Red.
I've got mixed feelings. For me the classic red jerseys with a white helmet and the old Pat Patriot will always be the uni of the team I fell in love with. The old logo and the stars and stripes font still look better then Elvis. But they were the uni of an underachieving team, and I can recognise why New Englanders would resent a team of Minutemen wearing "our" (British) colors.
Throwbacks look dumb unless both teams are wearing them. So they should either be left for the three Thanksgiving games (though Detroit wore their awful black jerseys last year), or on a league-designated Throwback weekend (Thanksgiving would again seem to be the best weekend).
On the other hand, the Gray unis are just awful. Dull, dull, dull. And I really wouldn't want to be trying to pick out a receiver on a November afternoon if he was wearing a jersey the same color as the sky. So, on balance, yes, I'd also like to see a red alternate - not a throwback. MichiganDave's design is superb. It tips a hat to our heritage without being completely retro (though I'd like to see how it looked with blue and white shoulder stripes instead of the solid white).

Here is one I put together in the other uniform thread. A combo of past/present.

PatsConcept.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, people will love it or hate it, just like the Silvers. lol

It looks like the Chicago Blitz from the USFL days . Terrible

Last edited:
Crowpointer said:
It looks like the Chicago Blitz from the USFL days . Terrible

oh man. now you ruined it for me. lol

Red never made sense to me. Our name is the Patriots. The colonial army wore blue. The British wore red.

I love our current uniforms. I'd say they've been pretty effective as well.

If anything, I wouldn't mind having a red alternate uniform that we would wear for one game a year. And I like the idea of it being a red version of our modern uniform instead of one of our past uniforms.

I'd like to see them wear the throwback road jersey instead of the throwback home.

PYPER said:
Red never made sense to me. Our name is the Patriots. The colonial army wore blue. The British wore red.

I love our current uniforms. I'd say they've been pretty effective as well.

If anything, I wouldn't mind having a red alternate uniform that we would wear for one game a year. And I like the idea of it being a red version of our modern uniform instead of one of our past uniforms.

I agree with most of what you say, but I don't understand this enduring fixation on red jerseys just because the Pats had them originally. They were a mistake from the start as you point out. The blue looks so much better, and I like the silver alternates as well. The team must agree with the silver alternates because apparently they sell well enough to keep going.

Last edited:
waspie (UK) said:
For me the classic red jerseys with a white helmet and the old Pat Patriot will always be the uni of the team I fell in love with.

for me too

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back