Welcome to PatsFans.com

Unification Church

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Mar 13, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

came across this video this morning, Unification Church president Michael Jenkins tells members of Moon's cult how former president George H.W. Bush was slipped ceremonial "holy wine." It is Moon's belief that those who participate in this ceremony become part of Moon's "blessed family," giving the recipient what Moonies believe is a pure, untainted "lineage." Guess the question is where was the secret service.. this may also provide some insight to our resident preacher man and the way he thinks, this video is a GWB love fest..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkq44UTt5pI

There is also a new book about Rev. Moon.. "Bad Moon Rising".. a bastardization of John Fogarty..

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Moon-Risi...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205380546&sr=8-1

Here is a link to a blog about the Unification Church, a lot of stuff they do not want you to know..

http://realsunmyungmoon.blogspot.com/
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Re: Some insight into the Unification Church..

Nice video with Rev. Jenkins, though!! Thanks!!! You didn't mention that along with President George Bush (senior), the Holy Wine Blessing was also given to Congressman Dannie Davis (Democrat), and other members of Congress and government, as well (it's in the youtube link, though). And the Holy Wine Blessing continues apace even as we speak. Hallelujia, indeed. Here, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGFqCEVRIfs&feature=related

Actually, the goal of the Unification movement is to give God's blessing to the entire human race, the good, the bad, and the ugly, as I like to say. The human race can no longer afford to be divided up into thousands or millions of separate groups, each one looking at everybody else as "the enemy". All races, all religions, all cultures, all everything is destined to join together into "one family under God".

http://upf.org/

The Universal Peace Federation has already held seven Global Peace Festivals all over the world, and many more are in the pipe-line. The time has come for people to set aside their small personal differences, and start seeing our neighbors as our friends, members of our extended family, even crazy ol' "Uncle Albert", living in the attic. :D

We are one human race, and it's time for us to start living as one people under God. And we do have one person to thank for this effort: http://www.reverendsunmyungmoon.org/

:singing:

//
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

How does the excessive wealth of Rev. Moon fit in with the new deadly sins of the Vatican??.. the video is a Bush love fest, pure and simple.. I know where you get your ideas from.

I do not have to read about Rev. Moon, I see how one of their men of the cloth behave, which has not been impressive.
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Rev. Moon has no "excessive wealth", as you call it. Rev. Moon has raised and spent tens of BILLIONS of dollars for peace initiatives, education, dialogues, and on-going institutions, like universities (including rescuing the bankrupt University of Bridgeport, Connecticut), seminaries, and journalistic endeavors, like the Washington Times. He has spent a lot money on things that others did not seem worthwhile or did not have the vision or perseverance to carry out. Rev. Moon has single-handedly changed the world.

Personally, I'd be embarrassed to death if Rev. Moon had to do all of this while riding around in an old beat-up used Volkswagen, so I'm happy to see him get a decent ride and live in accommodations fitting for a man in his position as a public person. Would you invite a meeting with heads of state in the local Motel 6 or even Holiday Inn??? I would not.

Educate yourself or not; it's up to you. Can take a horse to water but can't make him drink it.

//
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Craig Maxim has some insight into how much money he has and the gifts he received for his 80th birthday seem a bit excessive.. I suspect his ride is better than a " beat up volkswagon".

http://www.geocities.com/craigmaxim/w-1a.html

There are also some allegations linking Moon to drug dealing..

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2004/090704.html

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Prediction:

The new draconic forum policies, in conjuction with an outraged PM to the moderators by the "do as I say, not as i do" clergyman, will result in the locking and/or removal of this rather excellent thread.
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

There has been no rule violations here, very careful to avoid the "traps".. if they close it, it will be a sad state of affairs for this board.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Doubtless our Moon disciple will try, try as he might.

He has significant pull here. I'm sure he fashions quite compelling and dramatic complaint PMs.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Both you guys, with your hate-filled, anti-religious agendas, are transparent for all to see. You think you are "winning" by posting excerpts and links to some tin-foil cellar-dwellers, but people who think for themselves see right through your hate campaign, and you only dig a deeper hole for yourselves. You can hate all you want, but you will see where that ends up. Not a pretty place.

"Excellent thread"?? George Orwell already wrote about such an upside-down, inside-out view of life. You make it easier and easier to be glad nobody else is like you.

//
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

See? .......

Anyhow, I don't hate you, Fog. I just don't like you at all.

But, well... You earned it.
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You are trolling for a fight, and you know it. You have publicly said you have "no interest in reading anything on an actual Unification website", and thus you reveal your prejudice and bigotry.

You are sowing groundless fear and hatred toward a person and a movement that you have misrepresented from the very first words you ever uttered toward same. Your only goal in publishing your hate-mongering remarks here is to drive others away from the truth, an effort you will live to regret.

You are using this website to further your own agenda of anti-religious bias, and specifically your own unwarranted fear and hatred toward a specific religious group. If this was done toward a Jewish group, or a Muslim group, or most other Christian groups, you would face a significant risk of legal action against you.

//
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You can play with semantics as Bill Clinton does, and refuse to see your hostility as hatred, but for the vast majority of posters here, your character is well known: you are a practitioner of vigilante "justice", the way YOU decide it should be done. You shall reap what you sow.

As for "earning" your enmity, if sticking up for an old man and others whom you have brutalized on these pages is worthy of your attacks, it is you who needs a look in the mirror, not me.

But fomenting false, groundless fear and hatred toward a duly recognized and legally operating religious body is something you would never dare to do if that body were of Jews or Muslims or some other religions. Were you to speak and act as you have toward Unificationists to any of them, you would face significant legal, as well as possibly other, repercussions.

//
  13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Why would the Unification Church care about the prnouncements of the Vatican? Any more than the DNC cares about the prnouncements of the RNC.

BTW the Vativan itself doesn't see the pope living in poverty exactly....
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

As are you, and as will you. Hypocrite.

Please. You entered here looking for conflict. Get off your high horse, false witness bearer. As for the "brutalization" of an old man, you really are clueless. You're talking about a man who curses and offers racial epiteths and insinuations at every turn. He earned it, and you should have minded your business and laid off the condemning "you will learn" mantra from the start. Your partisan indignance is beyond curiously selective.

You mean, like you do regarding liberal thought, sexual pleasure, pop culture and all things Clinton? Noted, hypocrite.

Are you sure? Look again. My how you ramble at the keyboard on a personal level without knowing a thing about the poster you're talking about.

I've said nothing about it that isn't reported. But, trust me, if you were in front of me, I'd say the exact same. And there isn't a thing you'd be able to do about it.
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Right now I'm a little more concerned about "Terror Muslims" than I am of the Unification Church, do any of you think the Reverend Moon will someday Attack America----------:singing:
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Me" the hypocrite?? In your personal world of make-believe, maybe that's true. But that is YOUR make-believe world, and virtually all but a very few hard core of your fellow-elitist vigilante types knows this. "V" for vengeance is YOUR avatar, not mine.

:rofl: "I entered here looking for a conflict"??? This GJAJ guy STARTS a "Moonie-bashing" thread, and you have the insanity to say "I am looking for a conflict"??? Do the world a favor and be the man you want others to think you are and go tell a Muslim what you have said/approved being said about Rev. Moon; walk into a wahibbi school and say about Islam what you have said about Rev. Moon. I dare you. Be the "tough guy" you want others to think you are.

You are an utter poser and coward if you do not. Classic internet "tough guy", wetting his pants in front of a REAL person.

"Hypocrite"??? For saying what I believe about the total failures of pop cultural "icons", like the Clintons, Madonna, Prince, et. al.?? For saying that uncommitted sexual relations are bad for society and the world???

You're just smoking your wacky weed again. I've been as consistent as the sun rise, o mind-altered poser.

I knew one thing about you the first time I read one of your posts: you cannot think or communicate with others without the personal put-downs, the denigration of others, the humiliations of those you speak about, all that makes your day. It's what you do. PressCoverage being PressCoverage. And not only is it hurtful to others, but, believe it or not, it makes you much less of a person, too.

"Reported"!!! Yeah, we know. You do nothing but repeat "what is reported: in thinkprogress, moveon.org, Michael Moore's diaries, and any other agenda-driven left-wing/anarchistic source that happens to have gotten server space in the blogosphere.

Some quality. Not. Some credibility, not. So, just because you quote from fictionalized, fantasized, rumor-mill makes you think YOU are not accountable for the falsehoods you spread???? Think again. You are FULLY accountable.
    When you willingly spread lies about others, due to a willful neglect to check and consider other alternative sources, particulary when whacking at somebody -- be it Jews, Muslims, Catholics, or Unificationists -- you better have FACTS in your report, or you are guilty of false witness. Legal parlance: slander and libel.

//
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

He has already "attacked" America and the rest of the world with the Holy Wine Blessing and the Washington Times.

If you are bad: watch out!!!

The time has come. :D

//
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

GJAJ doesn't give a single snort about the real issues here; his agenda is just to spew out as much hog-wash as he can find, and hope some poor gullible person will buy it. GJAJ is like the guy who said: "There's a sucker born every minute" and "You'll never go poor underestimating the intelligence of the average American." Iow, GJAJ thinks everybody is stupid.

Surprise!!!!

:singing:

//
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I would love to respond to this insulting, inaccurate post, but I've been informed i'm "one point away from banning" by the moderator you predictably
    hammered out a complaint to.

As if there was ever any doubt, it's clear you have free rein to run your mouth on a personal level (we're cowards, pot smokers, not men, hellbound, and on and on and on) without fear of reprimand, yet those you condemn can't ever hold you accountable.

I have little doubt FTW will get his way and have me removed from here -- I get my fix on Capital Hill Blue and OpEd News, among other places. However, I'll leave here knowing I've helped the entire forum realize that Fog here is the worst offender of everything he condemns about others. The worst.
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What you never have accepted, and apparantly still refuse to see, is that I never attack others personally; I attack their behavior, if warranted, but not the person personally.

I know you don't want to hear it, you undoubtedly will throw it on the ground and stomp on it, but I'll say it anyway: I do, actually like and even can say I love you, PressCoverage; I just don't like some of the things you do: picking on old men, or railing against a beleaguered president, or chasing every far-flung fantasy "report" you can find in order to "one-up" somebody else. So childish, so immature, and such a waste of your very considerable abilities. You are smart, quick-witted, and very capable, but unless you harness those talents for a good cause -- God's cause -- you are like Joseph Mengele, a brilliant physician who ended up using his talents for a most ignoble cause, conducting deadly and permanently injurious medical experiments on healthy human beings.

//