Welcome to PatsFans.com

Unemployment Surging past recessionary levels

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Sep 25, 2008.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

The latest from a Wall Street economist;

"The labor market is very weak," said Mark Vitner, an economist for Wachovia. "Layoffs have ticked up for the last two months, and there has been a slowdown in hiring, so we haven't been able to absorb new entrants into the workforce."

The unemployment rate surged to 6.1% last month, a nearly five-year high and up from 5.7% in July. In the last recession, unemployment reached a high of 6.3%.

"Without a doubt, we'll blow right past that," Vitner said.

"This isn't just related to the crisis on Wall Street," Vitner said. "If we fixed the credit markets, we'd still be left with a very weak U.S. economy."

Don't make me say it....
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

You really do sound like a child. You're averaging like 12 posts a day on the same topic "I know there's a recession and I want everyone to tell me how smart I am". Sheesh. It got old 2 weeks ago. Why don't you just start a single thread with "I told you so" as the heading, and post all your excitement in there. The forum of late has been gross, and I think alot of peole are getting turned off by the 1,000 threads a day on "Recession confirmed", "Sarah Palin has a hairy...", and the usual "McLame is senile, Obama is a terrorist" threads. This forum should soon be knicknamed Romper Room.
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

We've had some pretty strong debates on this topic. When someone tells you that you're dead wrong on an issue time after time and you turn out to be correct, it should be acknowledged.

Now I'll admit to over-doing this topic. This is a legitimate issue, but to your point, it is being beaten to death by everyone especially me. However, I would not categorize my behavior as childish...egotistical maybe.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Is there a difference?
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Behavior that is wrong is not childish behavior...they are not one in the same RW. Now what you just did was to take my humble and open admission and turn it into more finger pointing at me. What you should have done was to admit your own faults on this board and graciously accepted my admission.

You missed you're opportunity for humility RW.
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Because RW it's that important. Seriously