PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Underrated Attribute of 2011 Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach42

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It has got to be mental/overall toughness right? This is one of the tougher editions of the Patriots that I can remember. I know after every win fans can't wait to compare this team to one of the previous Superbowl winners but this group has really been impressive. How many teams could have the entire left side of their offensive line wiped out and still rally from 17 points down at the half? I believe a similar circumstance just ruined the Packers perfect season attempt.

Not to mention that they have been at times starting their 3rd/4th string center and rookie RTs. They only have 1 opening day starter in their defensive backfield currently playing and 2 of their best D linemen are castoffs and 2 others are a 7th round pick and a an undrafted free agent.

This team certainly has some warts but as a fan its really nice to know no matter the situation this team will not roll over. I don't know if they'll win the Super Bowl but I do know the 2009 playoffs will not be repeated by this group.

I like that this team knows how to finish games. Much unlike the 2009 team.

. . . its really nice to know no matter the situation this team will not roll over

I know some posters will say it doesn't mean sh!t unless we win a playoff game but I couldn't disagree more. I believe there's a lot more luck involved than anybody really admits. Regardless of what happens the 2011 Pats have been a joy to watch.

i thought you were going to say clock management. For a team that throws as much as the pats, they sure know how to kill the clock.

I like that this team knows how to finish games. Much unlike the 2009 team.

Yes, and the second half adjustments have been magnificent, seems that was always a strength of a BB team until the last couple years, this years its back.

Definitely agree. This team, despite it's flaws, has shown allot more mental toughness then in years prior. Remember in A Football Life where Belichick said he just couldn't get the team to play as they should? Or something to the effect. Well I'm betting he feels a little better about the attitude of this Patriots team. I know I do.

i thought you were going to say clock management. For a team that throws as much as the pats, they sure know how to kill the clock.

Totally agree. While the overall rushing numbers are down from last year it sure seems like when they need the tough yards on the ground they've been able to get them.

HEART !!! That one word is what its all about. I do know one thing, there will be no giving up come hell or high water this playoff season. Buckle-up and hold on tight folks, gonna be a wild ride. :lol2:

Punt coverage has been amazingly solid all season. I can recall like one semi-long return all year, no TD's IIRC. Mesko is great with the I-20's and he's put the defense in decent field position even when the offense is having it's funks going 3 n out over and over.

Last edited:
Definitely agree. This team, despite it's flaws, has shown allot more mental toughness then in years prior. Remember in A Football Life where Belichick said he just couldn't get the team to play as they should? Or something to the effect. Well I'm betting he feels a little better about the attitude of this Patriots team. I know I do.

I think it's fair to say that BB is quite pleased with this group, thank you very much. Hopefully they get the few breaks you need to win a SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes