PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Underdog your rooting for to make the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Sullivan- If he makes the team it means he showed BB something, after that, maybe he will catch 93's work ethic and finally live up to his lofty draft status.

PATSNUTme said:
Tell me why I knew that you were going to say that before I read your post?

Has any former Michigan player ever played well in a Patriots uniform?:eek:

Oh come on! Say what you like, but that cornerback fellah Ty Law was pretty decent.

Mike the Brit said:
Oh come on! Say what you like, but that cornerback fellah Ty Law was pretty decent.

And I recall that 6th rounder from 2000 made the squad.

Last edited:
Rich Musinski. You vicious vermin (or whatever they call the Michigan mascot) have nothing on the William and Mary "Tribe," whence Musinski sprung.

Caveat: I understand there's no reason to believe he'll make the team. And to look at him, he's not tight.

Okay, also throw in O'Callaghan... I like the idea that he's smart enough and athletic enough to make use of that gigantic body to clear some room for Corey and Kool-Aid.

PFnV

Jhhn Stone - he is much further along than any rookie and may be able to contribute right away (was cut due to a very good group in Oakland last year). He seems to catch just about everything and looks shifty and quick for a small guy.

good thread.

I would say Dan Stevenson.

PatsFanInVa said:
And to look at him, he's not tight.
Forget it then... that's the kiss of death for sure.

Last edited:
Don Davis and Ray Ventrone

Reihl OT NFLE designee

Roach, Gardner

I've been interested in Andrews since the draft. He has run some very good 40 times and his experience at safety should give him a little bit of position flexibility in spite of his size. While I don't know much about him, Britt seems like maybe he could be developed.

As no one mentioned a kicker let me
gramatica as everyone said he is just in for training camp and gowostki is the real deal.

Wow four pages? You guys must love the underdogs.

Good posts by all.

PATSNUTme said:
Tell me why I knew that you were going to say that before I read your post?

Has any former Michigan player ever played well in a Patriots uniform?:eek:

:D :D :D
Former Michigan players to succeed with the Pats? Wow. That's a toughy. Probably Chris Floyd. Floyd played alright in 1998...

I want the guy we sign after game 4 who replaces an injured Patriot. Someone cut from another team and who is full of venom...a good omen.

So mine is "UGRIP" UnknownGuyReleasedInPreseason.

Love those guys when you get them...the Poteats of the NFL.

Michigan Dave said:
:D :D :D
Former Michigan players to succeed with the Pats? Wow. That's a toughy. Probably Chris Floyd. Floyd played alright in 1998...

Right! Chris Floyd. My bad- there's one.

Did you see the SI QB thread?

F.B.N. said:
I want the guy we sign after game 4 who replaces an injured Patriot. Someone cut from another team and who is full of venom...a good omen.

So mine is "UGRIP" UnknownGuyReleasedInPreseason.

Love those guys when you get them...the Poteats of the NFL.

Herring is my pick as the next Hank Poteat.

But in terms of underdogs in camp - my pick is Beisel.

After a horrendous start (but not a half bad end to the season) Beisel's getting a free pass from me for last year and I'm rooting for him to do well big time... of course that could also be because we need him - but Beisel's my underdog.

John Stone the WR. Thats all I got for now. :(

Klecko too :)

Gotta go with Bubba the Human Bullet (i.e., Ray Ventrone) :rocker: --although I expect to see him redshirted this year (medical IR).

Also have to root for Klecko, after seeing that picture of him. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey