PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uncle Sam's 3 Round mock 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never have figured that out. We won 18 games last year. How many players that we draft will potentially start in '08. Brown and Pollack are solid, talented players in the Patriots style, and when we do have a need (due to injuries, etc) they should be able to step up so that we don't lose a beat. In a year, or two I think they both start. I am really concerned with the repeated injuries to the right side of the line, more than even ILB & DB. Protecting Brady should be everything in our system.

Goff was just throwing the board a bone after Brown and Pollack. If you saw who I was really considering... It was too early.

This was a preliminary board. I don't think that you can really say that the Pats should draft players x, y, & z without looking at the needs of the other teams around us- basically to see who really might be available. I like the first round trade, but I really don't see us taking all the picks- 62,69,78 & 94. IMM there will be a trade up. Now I have to sit back and determine for whom, and with whom. Don't be surprised if Goff/ Pollack don't make it to the edited version.

I absolutely love the Pollack pick. Yes Koppen is a pro bowler, but I really like Pollack and think he could eventually be just as good as Koppen and defeinitely and upgrade over Yates and/or Hochstein as a C/OG fill in.

I would love to get Goff in the third and would not hesitate; if I thought he would be gone, to take him in the second. (ala Mankins)

I do not like CB Porter. He is a man to man guy and we play soft zone 90-95% of the game.
Fast is NOT the same as quick twitch.

If Wheatley passes his physical with flying colors and the wrist is 110% OK, then I think he has the quick twitch to be special in our defense. I also think Moulden has that same Quick Twitch to excel in our defense as well.

However I would not touch Brown with a Jets draft pick. He is a leaner, not an explosive, flat-backed knee bender.

If playing time is determined by knowledge of the play book, McKelvin will be on the Pats bench longer than Chad Jackson could ever hope to be. A first round pick is very expensive for a return guy, that is not that great a return guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes